Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Heartwarming Story

I read this Letter to the Editor in my newspaper this morning and just wanted to share it.

FLAG: Respect symbol of our country
    Posted: Saturday, Jul 14, 2007 - 07:17:35 pm PDT

My husband and I were on our way to pick up our grandson early June 30. As we turned the corner onto Ramsey Road we noticed a larger red pickup truck in front of us begin to slow down. It appeared there was something in the middle of the road that he wanted to pick up. Honestly, at first glance it looked like a small heap of clothing, or a rag if you will.

This grabbed our full attention. We of course were in a bit of a hurry. What could be so important to pick up out of the middle of the road that you have to stop traffic? At a further glance we see that this was a U.S. flag, the kind that many people attach to a car -- Ah! No wonder! That's kind of cool that someone would actually take the time, showing well deserved respect for our country flag!! Very Cool! Would I have taken the time?

As the gentleman gets out of his big pickup, it was a soldier in complete camouflage uniform. Evidently he was on his way to his weekend commitment at the reserve station just up the road. I have to say my heart gave a little tug. I thought that was pretty amazing the timing of all this and I was privileged to witness it.

Evidently, the person who had lost the flag was parked just up the road and had stopped when he realized he had lost his flag. The soldier walked around his truck to hand it to the older gentleman. I also thought it was a great reminder that all of us need to take care of our flag -- it is a remarkable symbol of what our country stands for. Far too often we see the U.S. flag being flown incorrectly or drug around inappropriately. I know most of the people are well intended, but they often forget that kind of abuse shows total disrespect for all that our flag stands for. We can learn from this.

Oh yes -- The older gentleman that had lost the flag? Was a disabled veteran which we recognized by his cap he was wearing and the signs on his vehicle. Both of us were in awe of what this entire scene represented (it actually lasted less than a minute) and renewed our belief that patriotism and loyalty is still alive and well! It still means something.

The commitment of the soldier to take care of our flag -- no matter how seemingly inconsequential -- and the veteran that still flies that flag after many years past even after being wounded and/or disabled! We can all learn a lesson or two from this.

God Bless the United States of America!
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just an aside, as summer approached I began seeing flags for sale around here - proudly advertising that they'd been made in the USA.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for posting this, it does my heart good to know that there are so many true patriots out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Thanks for posting this, it does my heart good to know that there are so many true patriots out there.
    Same goes for me. It's good to hear about true patriots who really do love this country. It's nice to feel that we all are not alone in this!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

That paper was it in tiny? Do you have a link?

Great Story... I have stopped and picked up a few flags myself....

This will get your blood to a boil... As I look out of my window the car that is parked in the driveway next to mine has a car owned and operated by an illegal Alain.... The magnetic American flag is upside down.. Believe me, I want to do what you all are thinking.... We, the neighborhood, are up in arms about what is going on at that house.... They are renters in a community that is 99% owner occupied.. I will tell you guys all about it one day.. I don't want to hi-jack this tread....

Thanks. That's a beautiful part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Amen to that.

Idaho is a beautiful state. Unfortunately the illegals are already taking over the southern part. (Senator Craig's territory). Up until now the northern part of the state where I live had seen very few illegals. Now we are seeing numbers and that is just not going to be tolerated here. I'm in the processs of gathering local support to stop the big businesses from hiring illegals before it gets out of hand. I talked to a deputy sheriff who says we have already seen a few crimes committed by illegals. I told him I was going to do everything possible within the law to stop this madness. My first target is the mayor who was previously on the board of directors for the Chamber of Commerce. SOSADFORUS and I are currently in the planning mode.