Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help needed collecting article and sources for the show

Friends,

I need a little help collecting sources and article for todays show.

I need the title and links to the following articles.

The article that ran on the drudge from the news paper The Hill about how police across America are going on alert for election day. I posted that here in gen disc somewhere.

I need links to the articles about

the GOP leader in FL who had his home shot up
    The GOP HQ where the obama supporters stormed in demanding stolen signs then maced five people
    The article about the Sara Palin doll hanging in west hollywood
    The article about the man's lexus that was vandalized with KKK sprayed on it because of his mccain palin bumper stickers
    The article about the feminist in NY that told Italian newspapers that there would be a revolution and the streets would run with blood if obama lost
    The article / articles with the different pundits like James Carville saying there could be unrest over the elections.

And any others you can find along this topic of discussion please.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.local6.com/news/17784129/detail.html
    Republican HQ Manager's Home Shot Up Over McCain Signs

'Democrats Far More Aggressive in Seminole County,' Victim Says

LONGWOOD, Fla. -- The home of a Central Florida Republican headquarters manager was shot up and damaged over his support of Sen. John McCain, the man told police.

The Republican manager said he is convinced he was targeted because of new McCain signs he added around his home.

"All I can tell you is this, I have a very good relationship with my neighbors," Coverely said. "I mow my lawn. The only thing that has changed is I have two McCain signs in my front yard."

Coverely said he has taken about 300 calls concerning stolen or vandalized McCain signs in the area.

"It says this campaign is getting vicious," Coverely said.

Coverely said it appears Democrats are becoming more aggressive in the county.

"I wouldn't say slipping, but I would say the Democrats have become far more aggressive in Seminole County because it is such a heavy Republican area," Coverely said.

Meanwhile, McCain was in Florida on Thursday.

The Republican presidential nominee spoke at Allstar Building Materials in Ormond Beach. Later he'll be in Sarasota for a "Joe the Plumber" bus tour rally at Robarts Arena.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

** Longwood is a suburb of Orlando, on the northside

Rock Hill, SC

http://www.wsccfm.com/cc-common/news/se ... le=4396298

Republican HQ Across from Winthrop Vandalized

Reports indicate atleast $500 dollars in damage.
    By Adam Fogle of TPS
    Monday, October 13, 2008

REPORT RELEASED BELOW BY Adam Fogle | Posted in Republicans

THUGS TAG DOOR, BANNER WITH POLITICAL SLURS, STEAL SIGNS

In an act of vandalism that was almost certainly politically-motivated, anonymous thugs struck the York County Republican Party’s Rock Hill headquarters overnight causing roughly $500 in damages.

“Republican means slaveryâ€

Effigy of Sarah Palin hanging by a noose creates uproar in West Hollywood
    Los Angeles sheriff's officials say the Halloween display isn't a hate crime. Authorities are keeping an eye on the house to make sure the situation doesn't get out of hand.
    By Victoria Kim

October 28, 2008

A West Hollywood Halloween display showing a likeness of Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin hanging by a noose has caused a furor among some residents who reported it as a hate crime, authorities said Monday.

But Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said the mannequin sporting a beehive hairdo, glasses and a red coat does not rise to the level of a hate crime because it was part of a Halloween display.

"I'm not defending this; I'm not criticizing it. It doesn't rise to the level of hate crime," said Steve Whitmore, spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, who said he went out to the house himself to look at the display this morning.

"Now, if there was a crime against bad taste . . . "

Sgt. Kristin Aloma of the Sheriff's Department's West Hollywood station said that since Sunday she had received five to 10 calls from residents offended by the display. Officials are monitoring the house to make sure the situation doesn't get out of hand, she said.

West Hollywood Mayor Jeffrey Prang said although he recognizes residents' right to free speech, he found the display problematic and felt it should be removed.

"While these residents have the legal right to display Senator John McCain and Governor Sarah Palin in effigy, I strongly oppose political speech that references violence -- real or perceived," Prang said in a statement. "I urge these residents to take down their display and find more constructive ways to express their opinion."

Whitmore said that potential hate crimes are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If the same display had been made of a Barack Obama-like doll, for example, authorities would have to evaluate it independently, Whitmore said.

"That adds a whole other social, historical hate aspect to the display, and that is embedded in the consciousness of the country," he said, adding he's not sure whether it would be a hate crime. "It would be ill-advised of anybody to speculate on that."

ChadMichael Morrisette, who lives in the house, told a local TV news crew that cars and buses have been stopping near his home and that people have been snapping photos of the Halloween display.

The home's decorations also feature a doll of John McCain surrounded by decorative flames in the chimney, and other more typical Halloween items, such as skeletons and spider webs.

Kim is a Times staff writer.
    With VIDEO
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 1630.story

MORE
    http://www.reuters.com/article/sarahPal ... 9N20081027

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10 ... index.html

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/oct/18 ... n-sticker/

Owner Believes Lexus Vandalized Due To McCain Sticker

News Channel 8/JIM FARQUHAR

The owner of this Lexus believes his McCain/Palin sticker is the reason behind approximately $4,500 worth of damage done to his vehicle.

By DAVE NICHOLSON | The Tampa Tribune

Published: October 18, 2008

Clearwater, FLORIDA - Frank Armstrong was preparing to go for a jog this morning when he noticed his Lexus – adorned with a McCain-Palin sticker - had been vandalized with obscenities and a burned American flag.

Armstrong discovered the damage to his 2006 Lexus about 8:30 a.m. at his Sand Key condominium at 1400 Gulf Blvd. Clearwater police and Armstrong said someone etched obscenities and "KKK" into the paint, burned several areas of the car with cigarettes, set the flag on fire on his hood and may have urinated on the vehicle. Officers and Armstrong think the car was singled out because of its political stickers, including one reading "Nobama."

"This is definitely a hate crime," said Armstrong, a 41-year-old physician.

Police estimated damage at $4,500. Police classified the incident as "criminal mischief/hate crime" and said it appeared "to be politically/racially motivated because the victim affixed a bumper sticker supporting the McCain campaign as well as an anti-Obama bumper sticker."

http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/e ... ood-will-r

Erica Jong Tells Italians Obama Loss 'Will Spark the Second American Civil War. Blood Will Run in the Streets'
    by Jason Horowitz | October 30, 2008
    It seems that the final days of the presidential campaign have made Erica Jong and her friends more than a little anxious.

A few days ago, Jong, the author and self-described feminist, gave an interview to the Italian daily Corriere della Sera, the choicest bits of which were brought to my attention by the reliably sharp-eyed Christian Rocca, the U.S. correspondent of Il Foglio, who published excerpts on his Camillo blog. Basically, Jong says her fear that Obama might lose the election has developed into an "obsession. A paralyzing terror. An anxious fever that keeps you awake at night." She also says that her friends Jane Fonda and Naomi Wolf are extremely worried that Obama will be sabotaged by Republican dirty tricks, and that if an Obama loss indeed comes to pass, the result will be a second American Civil War.

Here's a translation of Jong's more spirited quotes to the Milan-based Corriere, as selected by Rocca.

"The record shows that voting machines in America are rigged."

"My friends Ken Follett and Susan Cheever are extremely worried. Naomi Wolf calls me every day. Yesterday, Jane Fonda sent me an email to tell me that she cried all night and can't cure her ailing back for all the stress that has reduces her to a bundle of nerves."

"My back is also suffering from spasms, so much so that I had to see an acupuncturist and get prescriptions for Valium."

"After having stolen the last two elections, the Republican Mafia…"

"If Obama loses it will spark the second American Civil War. Blood will run in the streets, believe me. And it's not a coincidence that President Bush recalled soldiers from Iraq for Dick Cheney to lead against American citizens in the streets."

"Bush has transformed America into a police state, from torture to the imprisonment of reporters, to the Patriot Act."

She also laments that not all of America's men of letters share her devotion to Obama.

"Tom Wolfe and John Updike are men of the right and Philip Roth is at this point a hermit who leads a monastic life in Connecticut, far from everything and everybody."

Luckily, she said there is her and Michael Chabon, who, she says, have "taken the place of Susan Sontag and Norman Mailer respectively."

They have the same political sensibilities, she said, but a better "sense of humor."

**Almost 4800 comments left on post**

Police prepare for unrest
    http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pol ... 10-21.html

Police prepare for unrest
    By Alexander Bolton
    Posted: 10/21/08 07:58 PM [ET]

Police departments in cities across the country are beefing up their ranks for Election Day, preparing for possible civil unrest and riots after the historic presidential contest.

Public safety officials said in interviews with The Hill that the election, which will end with either the nation’s first black president or its first female vice president, demanded a stronger police presence.

Some worry that if Barack Obama loses and there is suspicion of foul play in the election, violence could ensue in cities with large black populations. Others based the need for enhanced patrols on past riots in urban areas (following professional sports events) and also on Internet rumors.

Democratic strategists and advocates for black voters say they understand officers wanting to keep the peace, but caution that excessive police presence could intimidate voters.

Sen. Obama (Ill.), the Democratic nominee for president, has seen his lead over rival Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) grow in recent weeks, prompting speculation that there could be a violent backlash if he loses unexpectedly.

Cities that have suffered unrest before, such as Detroit, Chicago, Oakland and Philadelphia, will have extra police deployed.

In Oakland, the police will deploy extra units trained in riot control, as well as extra traffic police, and even put SWAT teams on standby.

“Are we anticipating it will be a riot situation? No. But will we be prepared if it goes awry? Yes,â€

The GOP HQ where the obama supporters stormed in demanding stolen signs then maced five people

not finding anything on this one.
    maybe someone else is having better luck

a couple more stories on what if obama loses....

Police Prepare For Unrest If Obama Loses Election
    http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=5840

Police fear riots if Obama loses US election
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/polic ... on/377537/

Police fear riots if Barack Obama loses US election
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... ction.html

Added titles by Dixie

Thank you for the help. Please keep looking and please ADD TITLES over any links so i will know what they are.

Also, we want any stuff related to hostility towards Obama as well to be fair.

So we need the story about the girl that lied with the B carved in her face and the strange story about the baby bear with the obama signs in western carolina silva / cullowee

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast