Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

He's Baaaaaaaack ...

Anybody remember Congressman David "Guest Worker" Dreier of California?

Those of you from Southern California may remember how, with the help of KFI Radio, we scared the hell out of him in 2004 when he was "two-facing" us on immigration. (Some mementos below!)

Well, Guest Worker David is BACK ... he has ingratiated himself with new (and totally unaware) talk show host DENNIS MILLER ... who has made Dreier a REGULAR guest.

There is no way on Miller's website to contact him directly but I sent an email to his producer. I was quite nice, simply reminding him that there are 434 OTHER members of Congress whom he could schedule.

If you are familiar with Dreier, and want to help educate Dennis' producer, perhaps you might like to to the same? Just a suggestion.

http://www.dennismillerradio.com/pg/jsp ... open#form4

And now, for those of you from my neck of the woods, here are some GREAT memories ...

Gee I was wondering what happened to him. So he finally came out from under his rock! The guy reminds me of a slick crooked used car salesman. I wonder what he is going to try to sell to the American people now?

From his House website

Dreier Bill Is Key Component of House GOP Border Security Bill

Bill Mandating Counterfeit Proof Social Security Cards Included in Legislation

July 12, 2007

WASHINGTON, DC - Congressman David Dreier (R-San Dimas, CA), Rules Committee Ranking Republican, announced his support today for the Secure Borders First Act, H.R. 2954, the border security bill being championed by House Republicans. The new bill includes as a key component Dreier’s legislation to create a counterfeit-proof Social Security card and an employment eligibility database. Dreier is an original co-sponsor of H.R. 2954.

"Securing the borders before we do anything else is imperative," Dreier said. "Including a requirement for a counterfeit-proof Social Security card means this legislation will be attacking the problem from two angles - the supply and the demand sides of the immigration equation. An updated Social Security card is critical to our homeland security and will make hiring decisions clearer for employers. Between enhancing physical border protections, giving law enforcement more tools to remove immigrants here illegally, and creating a counterfeit-proof Social Security card, this legislation is a comprehensive approach to solving the illegal immigration problem."

H.R. 2954, the Secure Borders First (for Integrity, Reform, Safety and anti-Terrorism) Act contains five specific sections. The first section deals with Border Security and directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to achieve operational control of the borders. The second section deal with Public Safety and specifically identifies who can be removed and when, and how, and by whom. The third section mandates the creation of the counterfeit-proof Social Security card and the employment eligibility database. It also establishes civil penalties for employers who fail to comply with the requirements of the bill. The fourth section of the bill modifies the current temporary worker program for agricultural families. The fifth section of the bill requires that the federal government conduct official business in English.
    "We have a sacred, noble obligation in this country to defend the rule
    of law. Without rule of law, without democracy, without rule of law being
    applied without fear or favor, there is no freedom."

Senator Chuck Schumer 6/11/2007
    <s

Re: From his House website

Quote Originally Posted by Hosay
    Dreier Bill Is Key Component of House GOP Border Security Bill
    Hey, I never said David didn't have a slick PR operation!

I got a newsletter from him with that story almost word for word. With all due respect may I, as a Californian, tell you what you won't find in a Dreier press release.

David cosponsored the Border Security and Immigration Improvement Act, H.R. 2899. This bill would have created a legalization process for almost all illegal aliens who would then be eligible for green cards after 6 years. Under the provisions of H.R. 2899, an illegal alien would receive a 3-year H-4B visa. At the end of 3 years, the alien could adjust to an H-4A "guestworker" visa, valid for 3 years. Following this second 3-year period (a total of 6 years), the alien could self-petition for a green card. However, an employer can petition for a green card for any H-4A visa holder, regardless of how long the alien employee has been in the U.S.

Voted against amendment to prohibit immigration increases in Free Trade agreements

Voted in favor of worker-importation program in 2003

Voted to nearly double H-1B foreign high-tech workers in 1998

Voted on the floor of the House against amendment to require implementation of entry-exit system in 2005

Voted against secure IDs in 2004

Voted against amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens in 2005

Voted in favor of rewarding illegal aliens from Mexico with Social Security benefits in 2004

Voted against enforcing federal laws against sanctuary policies to protect illegal aliens in 2004.

Cosponsored so-called guestworker program to create amnesty for illegal aliens in 2003-2004

Voted against using the military to assist in border control functions in 2003

Cosponsored bill to reward illegal aliens with in-state tuition rates and amnesty in 2003-2004. HR1684, the Student Adjustment Act of 2003. H.R. 1684 would have granted in-state tuition and amnesty to illegal aliens under the age of 21 who had been physically present in the country for five years and were in 7th grade or above. Such a reward for illegal immigration serves as an incentive for more illegal immigration

PS: There's no such thing as a "tamper-proof" Social Security card but I'm glad he's willing to try. Maybe we did get his attention ... he usually starts sounding good on the issue just before election time.

HR 2954

I am anxious to see the
    details in this bill,I know we are
    all hopeful, yet I am worried it will be a dressed up,enforcement diluted,attempt at some sort of amnesty.

I NO LONGER HAVE FAITH IN OUR CONGRESS TO DO THE RIGHT THING !! imagine that..

It is not posted yet at The Library of Congress.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

LOL.

I <3 IT!

That guy reminds me of my ol' PW buddy who would go up to Sacramento to piss off the moonbats whenever they'd protest the "unjust" execution of some piece of human excrement like "Tookie" Williams.

Keep up the good work.

Drier belongs on NPR, not in Congress.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Tancredo's plan is better.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Tancredo's plan is better.
    Yes. And that's because Tancredo actually wants to do something about this issue. Dreier is just trying to snake oil his way through another election cycle. Take the corporate money and shaft the voters with smoke and mirrors.

What is galling to me is the way he gets his hooks into talk radio. He is very sophisticated about it and knows how it works. He has staffers who do nothing but listen to it here in Southern California and whenever his name comes up -- bam -- there's Congressman Dreier -- on the inside line telling the host "I was listening to you ...." And with that famed car salesman's ability at BS, off he goes.

Local host Doug McIntrye of KABC refers to Dreier as "Dr. Bombay." That was a character on the old "Bewitched" television show. The gag was, all you had to do was say the words "Dr. Bombay" and POOF there he appeared in a cloud of smoke.

Dennis Miller is new to this and listening to him get sucked in to turning his show into The David Dreier Show is sad. His producer is new as well and can you imagine the lure of having a Congressman so willing to be on the show anywhere, anytime? A harried, Newbie radio producer's dream come true.

Oh well. So many Slick Operators. So little time.

What District is Dreier representing or running in?
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan
    What District is Dreier representing or running in?
    The 26th C.D.
    Here is how the Congressional Directory lovingly describes it:
    WARNING: After reading this you will have an urge to go on a picnic.

Congressman Dreier's District spans the foothill communities at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains just north and east of Los Angeles. The nearly 20 communities stretch across the San Gabriel Valley portion of Los Angeles County and the western portion of San Bernardino County. Although 674,267 residents call the 26th CD home, much of the land area is taken up by the Angeles National Forest which lies in the northern part of the district. The Angeles National Forest is the largest open space in Los Angeles County and is a destination for many Angelenos seeking to enjoy the many recreational opportunities the forest has to offer. These include, hiking, fishing, biking, camping, and picnic areas. The higher elevations around Wrightwood and Mt. Baldy are home to some of the most popular ski areas in the LA region.

Most of the communities were founded in the late 1800's as the railroad arrived in Los Angeles from Chicago. Along the railroad right of way numerous small towns sprang up populated by Midwesterners who were delighted to discover warm sunny winters in sharp contrast to the cold, snowy climates they had left behind. With the coming of the railroad and the growth of the citrus industry the area boomed in the early part of the 20th century. Agriculture was the primary industry with oranges and lemons being the principal crops.

Today, the area is a mix of wonderful residential communities and light industry with a growing high tech component. Many of the people living in the San Gabriel Valley also work in the entertainment or service industries. Trade is a growing element of the local economy as well facilitated by the close proximity of the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in the southern part of LA County.

The district begins in the west with the communities of La Crescenta and Montrose and proceeds east to La Canada Flintridge, home of NASA's famed Jet Propulsion Lab. The district takes in a portion of Altadena and the outer edges of Pasadena before heading south to encompass San Marino, home of the Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens. Heading east, the district includes the cities of Sierra Madre which continues to maintain a volunteer fire department, the city of Arcadia home to the LA County Arboretum and horse racing's Santa Anita Park. Continuing east along the Foothill Freeway finds the city of Monrovia with its growing high tech industry, Bradbury with its sprawling ranch homes including many with horses, and the residential communities of Glendora, La Verne, San Dimas and Claremont, home to the Claremont Colleges. To the south is the community of Walnut. Heading into the eastern part of the district, one crosses the county line into San Bernardino County and the residential communities of Upland, Montclair and Rancho Cucamonga. With nearly 130,000 residents, Rancho Cucamonga is the largest city in the district and is home to a A baseball team, the "Quakes," who fittingly play in a stadium known as the epicenter. In the far northeast corner of the district is the peaceful mountain community of Wrightwood.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast