Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Highly Skilled Workers Now Dominate Immigrant Labor, Study

Highly Skilled Workers Now Dominate Immigrant Labor, Study Finds

Thursday, 09 Jun 2011 01:51 PM
    By Henry J. Reske

Highly skilled temporary and permanent foreign residents now dominate immigrant labor in the United States, which some say may call for a rethinking of the immigration issue. The shift away from low-skilled foreign workers was documented in a Brookings Institution report that examined census data, The Washington Post reported.

The report found that, regardless of legal status, 30 percent of working-age immigrants have at least a bachelor’s degree, while 28 percent lack a high school diploma. The shift, which has been three decades in the making, reflects the changing face of the American workplace from one based on manufacturing to one based on information and technology, the Post reported.

Benjamin Johnson, executive director of the American Immigration Council advocacy group, said, “Too often, the immigration debate is driven by images on television of people jumping over fences. The debate has been stuck in the idea that it’s all about illegal and low-skilled workers.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with what you say.

I was just watching a TV comercial about a person who was braging that he was an immigrant. He of course did not mention if he was there legal or not. He did say how proud his parents were at his graduation. I remember when one of the border patrol cops were talking about how his mother got into the contry illegallly and how he had mixed feelings. All this brings questions about whether he came as an anchor baby or if he was a little kid when he came to the country. Who knows how many who come into the country illegaly but think they are legal. How would he know if he came into the country when he was a todler. I did hear a story that came from a boy of 18 who tried to become a citizen. Maybe he just found out that he is not a citizen. He was told if he wanted to become a citizen he had to go back to where he was born. He was told that because he had been living in the country for so long he had to wait for five years before he could even try to come in legally. How many people are in the country who are here illegaly. How many people living good lives and are here with illegal status. All they need is access to a computer and can dig up the idetity of an American citizen who has died and then use their social security number and they are suddenly a citizen. Nobody looks into these things enough. I get tired of people saying that they only want the jobs that no American would want. How many times have you talked to someone who does not understand what you are saying because their enlgish is so poor. I would like to know how they can get away with a stolen social security number. I get so angry just thinking I am denied a job because I cannot get a job because I don't speak Spanish. Why are people so upset about the new laws that make people show their ID. If you don't want to show your id there is a problem. I know that at a traffic stop the cops can ask for your driver's license proof of insurance and registration for your car. I think many illegal immigrants can't show any ID is because they just don't have any. That is your first clue they may not be here illegally. You don't want to use those fake social security number at the DMV because they may find you out. This just makes me so confussed. If they just looked into people who you think may be illegal by checking out the social security. I believe anyone who has a doubt does not need to tell the person usig the social security card. It is one of the reasons why we have the social security system. And if you look up that number and find out that your employee has died 50 years ago that person might be in this country illegaly. We need to be more vigilent. The problem is there is so much sympathy for people coming here to find jobs. Well there are many American citizens who are trying to find employment to take care of their family. Even when it comes to shelters for the homeless Americans must compete with illegal immigrants. The reasons for them being homeless could be the jobs they tried to get went to an illegal immigrants. There is no country that does not have some kind of law to limit how many immigrants can live there legally. Instead of calling them green cards maybe we should call them red cards for stop. Does anyone understand what I am talking about? Does anyone know what it is like to loose your apartment and your belonging because they want to hire people who speak Spanish. That was my life as a person with Fibromyalgia and other health problems. Since being evicted my health has gotten worse. The pain meds I take used to help me so much more. I cannot go to an ER without being treated like a drug addict. I am so tired I just don't know how long I can keep going on. Everything has an hispanic slant no matter where you look. What has happened to this country where the people born here has to fight for their rights. And if you are a citizen asking for the laws to be enforced you are called a biggot;. I am a proud Greek American but if you say that you are treate like a bigot. I know first hand experience. People feeling sorry for hispanics who must hear nothing except English all day long. Well the language of this country is English. There are examples of people's origial language was not Spanish. Cuba did not always speak Spanish, that came later on. I have problems with thinking straight when my pain starts to
    get really bad from sitting at the computer because I don't have back support. Another story.

Samantha

working4change
    Related Thread Here
    Report documents dramatic shift in immigrant workforce’s s
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-240445-hig ... ed+workers

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Federal Government abandoned the Low Skilled Workers by allowing MASSIVE Illegal Immigration under cutting the working poor

The Federal Government DESTROYED the Middle Class by design

Now they are going after Highly Skilled Workers

Whats wrong with this picture and what is the common denominator
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Highly Skilled Workers Now Dominate Immigrant Labor, Stu

[quote="AirborneSapper7"]Highly Skilled Workers Now Dominate Immigrant Labor, Study Finds

Highly skilled temporary and permanent foreign residents now dominate immigrant labor in the United States, which some say may call for a rethinking of the immigration issue. The shift away from low-skilled foreign workers was documented in a Brookings Institution report that examined census data, The Washington Post reported.

However, Steven Camarota, with the Center for Immigration Studies that advocates for tighter immigration restrictions, told the Post, “It seems, based on this and other studies, that we’ve got an oversupply of highly skilled workers coming into this country. New college graduates are faring very poorly on the labor market, and what the report is telling us is that we’re bringing in a high number of workers to compete with them.â€