Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary and BO don't think English should be official

language of the USA. Their reasoning is that America is made up of many immigrants that speak other languages.

But now for the first time in history, Spanish is given preferential treatment.

Why should our children be forced to learn Spanish, maybe they want to learn French, German or Japanese for their Career Choices.

I really resent this BS, coming from our government officials, and it starts locally and with Congress. Or it would not have gotten this far.

With every election more hispanics are in office.

On the Debate that Spanish Moderator, seems to think we owe it to Mexico to Put Spanish on equal footing with English. WHY?

I am sick of this entitlement and sick of these people.

I completely agree with you. I do think it is good to learn and master other languages but I feel that English should be the official language of the U.S. English should spoken completely in goverment settings, educational institutions, and business. Nobody should be forced to learn another language to simply cater to a certain group of people. If people immigrate to this country they should be responsible for teaching their children English. I recommend that everyone check out the website for K.C. McAlpin's organization Pro English
    http://www.proenglish.org/
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Re: Hillary and BO don't think English should be official

Quote Originally Posted by evangelinot
    language of the USA. Their reasoning is that America is made up of many immigrants that speak other languages.

But now for the first time in history, Spanish is given preferential treatment.

Why should our children be forced to learn Spanish, maybe they want to learn French, German or Japanese for their Career Choices.

I really resent this BS, coming from our government officials, and it starts locally and with Congress. Or it would not have gotten this far.

With every election more hispanics are in office.

On the Debate that Spanish Moderator, seems to think we owe it to Mexico to Put Spanish on equal footing with English. WHY?

I am sick of this entitlement and sick of these people.
    Ditto. I'm surprised they didn't just come right and demanded we all learn Spanish. My son speaks fluent English and French. I'd rather learn French. Being forced to press 2 for English has made me hate the sound of spanish.

At the end of the day, Mexico is doing everything in its power to annex themselves to the US. The pandering in that debate by Obamination and Shrillary was more than disgusting. This is AMERICA they can come her legally, assimilate to OUR LANGUAGE, OUR CULTURE AND OUR LAWS or they can leave. I am sick and tired of the duplicitous whining, the special treatment demanded and arrogant sense of entitlement by those in our government of hispanic descent.

Oh and while we're on the subject, how dare Obamination talk about hate crimes against "hispanics". This is not about legal hispanics and I detest the perpetual blurring of the lines.

He apparently hasn't seen how many Americans have been maimed, murdered and victimized by identity theft courtesty of illegal hispanics.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I don't know what the beef is about making it official. It's not like speaking another language is ILLEGAL. Even when it's "official" in the states....they ignore it. I just know there has to be time where there's a stop put to it because we can't afford to pay for everything in every language under the sun. Or have the language switch everytime a new group temporarily becomes the majority of the minority. I might understand it if we spoke some minority language.....but we don't. English is going to get you farther than Spanish ever will. They claim the virtues of Bi-lingualism.......I just want to know what OTHER language they are putting themselves whole heartedly into learning.......many Americans are bi-lingual...our new immigrants are bi-lingual....they just don't speak Spanish. I just know you can't be punishing citizens for not knowing every language on the planet or suddenly change the rules with each influx of immigrants in order to get a job in your own country. The immigrants of the past learned English.....I took languages to learn my ancestors language....isn't my desire to hang on to part of my culture as valid as anyone elses?

My German helped me in tourist areas and my French when I was in school with French Canadians. Spanish was never an issue till the invasion.....and now I'm supposed to speak Spanish to fold laundry? Work in a warehouse? All low wage jobs......why? I don't get anymore money for it. I didn't leave.....don't live no where near the southern border. Not even Atzlan territory. They aren't the "majority" in the area....in fact we have many immigrants from all over the place here who might outnumber them or be darn close. Why should everyone else be burdned to learn yet ANOTHER language because they won't learn 1?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The question is how many in congress speak spanish fluently? If us Americans are being forced to learn it shouldn't they already all be fluent in it to keep their job? Hypocrisy plain and simple. What American has the time to learn a new language when we're working longer hours for less money? Isn't that the excuse of these IA? That they work 24/7 so they can't learn english yet they are more likely to be on welfare? So what are they doing with their time? If they have time to watch their novelas then they have time to turn on the news in english and learn some english. Why are we being forced to bow down to third world scum?

Excellent points crazybird and ones that I have no doubt are not an option for those cramming spanish down our throats. They are expecting our entire lifestyle, rule of law and culture morph into that that of Mexico, complete with drugs, gangs, high crimes and misdemeanors. It's important that they're comfortable and raising the bar our standards would not accomodate their wishes.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

English should be the official language in the U.S. but after eight years of Bush Jamming illegals down our throat, and now all the candidates pushing Mexico and their people down our throats...Why is the U.S. government in bed with the Mexican government? Obviously it looks like our government has been completely taken over with traitor politicians who are part of this corruption! Looks like Mexico is holding something over these corrupt U.S. politicians? Why else are we kissing up to these third world criminal leaders and allowing Mexico to populate our country with their poor??

The question is how many in congress speak spanish fluently?

I wrote Sen. Obama about that .....here was his response....I wasn't concerned about conversing with people across the globe in the manner he responded....I wanted to know that since they were globally making agreements with foreign countries, why isn't it a requirement in their job.....but it is for me and I'm not making global dealings....I just want in job in my own town, in my own state.

[quote]Dear xxxxx:

Thank you for your correspondence. Please accept my sincere apology for the delay in my response. I take seriously the concerns of my constituents; thus, I hope that the delay in my response will not deter you from writing again in the future.

I understand and appreciate your concerns about my abilities to converse with people from across the globe. In response to your question about my foreign language proficiency, I am fluent in English. While living in Indonesia for four years as a child, I was exposed to a variety of Indonesian dialects. Owing to my Kenyan heritage, I have also been to exposed to Swahili. I may only be fluent in English; however, my experiences living abroad in Indonesia and traveling to regions such as the Middle East, the former Soviet Union, Africa and Europe have provided me with a broad understanding of and appreciation for foreign cultures.

You also mentioned your concern about English being the official language of the United States. The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006, S.2611, which passed in the Senate in the 109th Congress, included an amendment dealing with this issue. I voted in favor of Senate Amendment No. 4073, declaring English as the “common and unifying language of the United States.â€Â
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The difference between us and the politicians is they can hire an interpreter and bill us for it so of course they are at an advantage.

However, I do not support restricting the ability of people to obtain information about vital health care or important government services such as public safety in only one language.
    I responded later saying I have never seen any government services or any public safety warnings in any other foreign language BUT Spanish....I had lived in tourist areas during hurricane warnings and not one other foreign language was spoken on TV or radio about evacuations or where the closest shelter was. My children had brought things home from school and no other foreign language was printed on the notes besides Spanish. No other languages in the welfare office, the hospital, any government building.....just Spanish....so if that were true...where are the other signs and announcements in other languages? I asked why he only had an option for Spanish on his web site when Illinois was home for many other groups of people who spoke many other languages, and they were his constituants as well? I also said I supported people learning other languages but didn't feel Spanish should be forced on us when there's many others there.

Needless to say....I didn't get a response to that letter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast