Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hillary Clinton on Donald Trump's candidacy: 'Unfortunate'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hillary Clinton on Donald Trump's candidacy: 'Unfortunate'

Hillary Clinton on Donald Trump's candidacy: 'Unfortunate'

Heidi M Przybyla, USA TODAY 7:03 p.m. EDT September 4, 2015

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton sat down for an extended interview with MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. Here's what she had to say about her possible 2016 competition, and the e-mail controversy that won't die.
    AFP 543463363 A ELE USA NY

Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy an "unfortunate development" in U.S. politics, her sharpest criticism of the real estate billionaire leading polls for the Republican nomination.

"His campaign is all about who he is against, whether it’s immigrants or women broadcasters or aides of other candidates," she said Friday in an interview with NBC News’s Andrea Mitchell.

On Donald Trump:

"He can unfortunately do what he’s doing, which I think is a bad development for our American political system," said Clinton, who sat for her third nationally televised interview.

Trump leads polls for the Republican nomination as Americans express their preference for candidates such as Trump and Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, who are not career politicians. Trump's poll ratings, including the percentage of Americans with a favorable opinion of him, are climbing amid public spats with other candidates, as well as high-profile broadcasters, including Fox News' Megyn Kelly. Trump retweeted a line calling her a "bimbo" after she questioned him sharply during a debate.

He recently took aim at Clinton’s longtime aide, Huma Abedin, suggesting she leaked classified information to her husband, former New York congressman Anthony Weiner, whom Trump called a "perv" and a "sleazebag."

"He’s great at innuendo and conspiracy theories and really defaming people," Clinton said.

On the emails:

Clinton fielded a series of questions about her use of a private email server when she served as secretary of State. The issue has been dominating news headlines about her candidacy as the percentage of Americans who view her favorably has dropped over the past few months.

"I take responsibility. I should have had two accounts, one for personal and one for work-related," Clinton said, reiterating what she’s said before. She stopped short of saying she’s sorry for the decision.

"At the end of the day, I am sorry that this has been confusing to people and has raised a lot of questions, but there are answers to all these questions," Clinton said.

Amid the email controversy, recent polling shows a majority of Americans say Clinton is not trustworthy, and Clinton responded to those findings.

"It certainly doesn't make me feel good," she said. "But I am very confident that by the time this campaign has run its course, people will know that what I've been saying is accurate."

On Biden:

She also commented on Vice President Biden's deliberations over whether to challenge her for the nomination. On Thursday, Biden expressed doubt whether his family has the ``emotional energy'' for a run after the death of his son, Beau, from cancer in May. ``He has to make a really difficult decision. You can see him struggling with it,'' said Clinton.

"I think everybody should give him the space and respect he deserves to make what is a very difficult choice for him and his family.''
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy an "unfortunate development" in U.S. politics, her sharpest criticism of the real estate billionaire leading polls for the Republican nomination.

"His campaign is all about who he is against, whether it’s immigrants or women broadcasters or aides of other candidates," she said Friday in an interview with NBC News’s Andrea Mitchell.

On Donald Trump:

"He can unfortunately do what he’s doing, which I think is a bad development for our American political system," said Clinton, who sat for her third nationally televised interview.

Trump leads polls for the Republican nomination as Americans express their preference for candidates such as Trump and Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon, who are not career politicians. Trump's poll ratings, including the percentage of Americans with a favorable opinion of him, are climbing amid public spats with other candidates, as well as high-profile broadcasters, including Fox News' Megyn Kelly. Trump retweeted a line calling her a "bimbo" after she questioned him sharply during a debate.

Yes, unfortunate for you, Hillary, and all the other phony globalist candidates who think more of illegal aliens than US citizens and care more about the economies of China and Mexico than our own.

It should also be noted that our supposedly impartial press has repeatedly misled their readers and viewers about the "bimbo" comment. Donald Trump never made that comment. It was made by someone else to him. He replied to it but never used that word in his own tweet. That's why the author above uses the phrase "retweeted", which is what happens when you reply to someone else's tweet that shows their tweet along with yours. I don't tweet so it took me awhile reading over those tweets that were posted with various articles about it to figure this out, but everyone who does tweet knew that day one including every journalist and talk head in the country who all tweet every day.

Trump is not against immigrants, he's against illegal aliens, like all Americans who care about themselves, their fellow citizens and our country. I mean Trump married two immigrants. So obviously he has no racism or xenophobia or problem with legal immigrants, other than the obvious situation which is that in recent years our Congress has been admitting far too many and this needs to stop to protect American jobs, wages and benefits that belong to US citizens.

Trump isn't against broadcasters, he calls them out and counterpunches and this is great, it's about time we had a candidate who knew how to stand up against the press and media when they are headed down the wrong path trying to influence and promote globalism, free trade treason, open borders and economic collapse.

Political "aides" are fair targets in any election, political and legal situation. If you don't think so, ask Richard Nixon. Or better yet, ask your husband, Bill Clinton.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-05-2015 at 06:30 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn