Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hispandering costs Home Depot

Man takes pry bar to self-check till
    Machine whacked after speaking to him in Spanish
    By BRAD WONG
    P-I REPORTER

Well, let's look at it this way: At least, this guy wasn't buying a blowtorch.

But that age-old adage that patience is a virtue somehow slipped the mind of a man shopping at The Home Depot on Utah Avenue South in Seattle on Thursday.

Around 9 p.m., the man was in line at a self-service checkout stand, ready to buy a pry bar and a hacksaw, according to a Seattle police report.

But, as a manager told an officer, the man accidentally hit the button on the computer screen for Spanish.

That was the tipping point for this consumer.

He became "frustrated that the machine was speaking Spanish," the police report says.

So, instead of asking for help, he let loose a blow with the pry bar and shattered the computer. He ran from the store and made a beeline to some railroad tracks, the report said.

A Seattle police officer searched for the man, but didn't find him.

The manager believes he caused about $10,000 in damage. He left the pry bar in his shopping cart.

P-I reporter Brad Wong can be reached at 206-448-8137 or bradwong@seattlepi.com.

All the sales they made in Spanish should more than pay for the cost of the machine and the aggravation to their English customers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree Dixie. The Home Depot management at 163rd St Mall in Miami refuse to call ICE on illegal day laborers but call the police at least 5 to 6 days a week. The Miami Dade Police Department has a policy that does not allow officers to ask people their immigration status so they have to send 2 units to that call every time. One black officer actually was able to make an arrest as an illegal started hitting people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This story obviously shows how infuriated people are by the prevalence of Spanish, myself included among them. And it's because (1) it's damned rude to flee to another country because yours is a failure, and then refuse to learn the language of your new country, (2) some people, maybe a lot of people, just don't like Spanish. I personally think it is an annoying language, and (3) why are all these AmerIndians so keen to speak the language of their conquerors who gave them a legacy of oppression, poverty, and corruption? Why not speak the language of prosperity, freedom, and the fulfillment of the human potential, English?

I find they yell when they speak and that is what I find annoying. Many of them also have the bad habit of giving other foreign language speakers dirty looks. It seems like they think this is their country.

Thank you for this article adrian_001--Mr. Wong's title struck me as immensely funny. Ten minutes later and it still makes me laugh.

Man takes pry bar to self-check till
    Machine whacked after speaking to him in Spanish
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
    Winston Churchill
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

I never shop at "SLAVE DEPOT" but I do wear my bright orange T-Shirt that says the above...I shop at a local ACE HARDWARE.KILL THE CORPORATE SLAVEMASTERS!!!

I am so sick of being treated like a foreigner in my own country, in my hometown of 30 years. Awhile back, I had a middle aged Mexican woman come knocking on my door offering to sell me something, but because she did not speak any English and I know only very limited Spanish I had no idea what she was talking about. Trying to be a decent person, I apologized to her in my very poor Spanish and explained I did not speak Spanish. She went 'tchk' with her tongue and gave me a cold, deadly stare as if to say, "who the hell are you to live in CA and NOT speak Spanish", and she thrust this piece of paper in my face, a flyer in English which offered carpet cleaning services. Still trying to be polite, I declined nicely and said no thanks, and as she walked away she mumbled under her breath, thinking I couldn't hear or understand her she said "pinchi gringo" as she stomped off rudely. Can you believe this crap? People coming into my country and treating me like dirt because I refuse to learn their language.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I admire many of the black Hispanics as they may speak Spanish among each other but if they aren't sure if a white person does they will speak English even if it is broken English or will ask in English if you speak Spanish. Yet other Hispanics often speak Spanish first to you. I had a relative go into an autoparts store and the people only spoke Spanish to them. When I get that I immediatley say in Russian ya ne ponimayu which means I don't understand and then leave.

Americans everywhere are getting increasingly frustrated and fedup with the Multi-Cultural trend corporations are taking. Incidents like these are going to increase. There's a storm brewing on the horizon.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast