Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Homeland Security Conducting Illegal Searches

http://www.jonesreport.com/articles/171 ... ferry.html

Homeland Security Conducting Illegal Searches at Ferry Checkpoint

JonesReport.com | October 17, 2007

Homeland Security officials in Galveston, Texas were caught on tape doing random vehicle searches on ordinary Americans at a ferry checkpoint.

Filmmaker Alex Jones videotaped a number of individuals undergoing searches and was himself searched on two occasions-- including once for 'asking questions.'

While terrorism worries have been based on fear of Muslim individuals, Jones says Muslims waiting for the ferry were not searched while many other people were. Thus, Homeland Security was ignoring its own popular pretext for a 'War on Terror' and instead just senselessly violating the 4th amendment to the Constitution
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

These people complaining about searches better be careful. They will do searches. I don't want them to stop doing searches because it is a deterant and a way of catching a potential terrorist. If the complainers keep it up and start pushing that the person being searched is not being treated fairly, then everyone will be searched, every time. Please shut up before we all have to go through this. Oh forbid that a terrorist be profiled or feels singled out and discriminated against.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree, Dixie. Search, search, search!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UB

Someone once said that the person who is willing to give up freedom for security soon has neither.

UB

We have a beach house on the Bolivar Peninsula. The security checkpoints are on both the Galveston and Bolivar ferry landings. I was living there until recently, and had to use the ferry often, especially because I was a volunteer firefighter and ambulance driver, and the hospital is in Galveston.

The checkpoints are a local joke. Our government hired some rent-a-cop outfit to do the searches, and they're minimally trained wannabes. Some are nice enough folks, just earning a living, even if their job does violate our constitutional rights.

They will overlook carloads of illegals and people who look like they'd possibly be Muslo-terrorists, but they'll search a car full of old women or a family with kids on the way to the beach, anyone who it's OK to search and still remain politically correct.

I've been searched numerous times, even with my Fire & EMS Official decal and my badge. Even in uniform. To their credit, they never actually searched me while I was operating an ambulance.

Then again, Muslo-terrorists have been known to use ambulances for their cowardly strikes, at least in the Mideast.

They do give you an out; you can refuse to comply, but you won't be able to use the ferry for 24 hours. It's a 2.5+ hour drive around the bay to get across without a ferry ride.

A few weeks ago, the guards' paychecks bounced, so they all walked off the job. Nothing happened, but they're back now, so their company must have coughed up some money.

We all consider the searches another example of government idiocy, and an intrusion on our rights; however, after getting threatened, cussed out, and treated like dirt many times, the guards started allowing searched vehicles to proceed to the head of the ferry line, so it eases the pain sometimes. However, these jerks have caused me to miss the boat a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    Someone once said that the person who is willing to give up freedom for security soon has neither.

UB

Actually, I think quite the opposite is true. Someone willing to give up security for freedom will soon have neither. And believe me I am a big believer in freedom but not at the risk of losing my life.

UB

Oldglory said: "believe me I am a big believer in freedom but not at the risk of losing my life."

I say:

Glory, You might be right on the quote, but thank God you were not George Washington or Nathan Hale or any number of great Patriots that made this country.

UB

I watched the video and it just looked like typical security checks for something like a ferry. I mean we have to have security checks these days, don't we?

Although it's not likely it wouldn't be impossible for terrorists to use Americans in an attack. They could put something in an American's car, or do something to where they were being used as a hostage, etc.

I just don't see how we can get around it.....for security.

I'm not crazy about the idea and I think it's unfortunate that we are to this point, but with terrorism......what else is the answer?

Regarding skipping over the Middle Eastern people, well, sorry, I don't think we should be skipping them over. We cannot help it that most terrorists come from the Middle East.

We still have a right here in America to be as safe as possible. If that offends people than they should not try to come to the U.S. during these times.

That's just how I feel about it.

Why do we have to be stripped and searched when our borders are wide open?

This country is reallly slipping away thanks to our government for not
    closing our borders. They took an oath to protect us and that hasn't happened. Everytime we turn around it's something else against the American people. We shouldn't have to babysit these morons. We should send them all to jail.

Why do we have to be stripped and searched when our borders are wide open?
    I don't think we have to be, or are being that I've heard of.