Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland Security:National ID Card Enrollment Complete 2014

Just when you thought it was safe to get into the water...

...The new ID cards will be needed for boarding a plane or entering a federal building...
    Voice of America News
    voanews.com
    http://www.voanews.com/english/2008-01-11-voa56.cfm
    US Announces Revised Plan for National ID Cards
    By VOA News
    11 January 2008

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has released a revised plan for phasing in a national identification card program that was set to begin this year.

Passed by the U.S. Congress in 2005, the Real ID Act establishes national standards for drivers' licenses and government-issued personal identification cards to make it harder for terrorists, illegal immigrants and others to obtain or counterfeit.

At a news conference Friday in Washington, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the phased-in program gives states greater flexibility in implementing it and extends the period of enrollment for citizens over the age of 50.

He estimates it will cost states about $8 to make a Real ID license.

The original program was rejected by 17 states partly because it was expensive. But the cost of the new plan has been reduced by more than 70 percent - from $14.6 billion to $3.9 billion.

The Department of Homeland Security says enrollment will be completed for all individuals under the age of 50 by December 2014, and for those more than 50, enrollment may be extended to December 2017.

But critics argue the ID program could put at risk the privacy of citizens, saying it creates a database of personal information that could be hacked into or otherwise compromised.

If it contains a chip, I will smash it with a sledge hammer and then nuke it in the microwave. To hell with them and their damn database. I'm not an animal to be corraled.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    If it contains a chip, I will smash it with a sledge hammer and then nuke it in the microwave. To hell with them and their damn database. I'm not an animal to be corraled.
    why? its for your own good!

btw, I love the "I dont care, I have nothing to hid crowd"

Just because you dont mind government having a complete profile of you and spying on your conversations does not mean EVERYONE must be forced into this!

I cant wait to get my card so I can promptly destroy it. But it will get a bit tough without a card when everything we do must be done with the card.

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Why The Patriot Act is Unconstitutional.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRSs6LsGeI

DAMN STRAIGHT!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

DITTO!!!!

----------------------ACTION ALERT-------------------------

We need everyone to help Senator Sessions....
    just 8 calls and 8 e-mails but so important for our cause, lets show Sen. Sessions what alipacer's are made of!!
    Instructions and contact information (below link)
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100207.html
    Submit a question for candidates!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100382.html
    "Lou Dobbs for president campaign" need help here to!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-99798.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

screw that someone will just hack it and reprogram it to provide the info they want them to have

Ive read some where that all our credit cards already have those microchips .
    I use to hammer them all on the black strip .

New passports now have RFID chips.

Yep...everyone except terrorists and the illegals with be microchipped and in a data base.

If we allow this crap we are really done for.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I will not accept a new card to smash it. Once you are in the beast (database), there is no getting out. There are grassroots efforts going on around the country to stop the real id.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast