Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Homeland Security organizational chart: A Mess?

Is it just me, or is the Homeland Security organizational chart an organizational mess?
    Note: As many of us know, fighting illegal immigration is supposed to come under this federal cabinet-level Department.

I have tried to place a copy of the Homeland Security organizational chart on this discussion board, but it seems my limited
    computer skills do not allow me to do so.

Someone please help me: Could someone with advanced computer skills put a recent copy of the Homeland Security organizational chart in this discussion group so that we can all see what a mess the organizational chart really is?

For instance, the Secret Service, the Coast Guard, and severel immigration agencies are grouped together in this one Homeland Security Department, a grouping that I find bizarre if we are to find a way for the federal government to fight this illegal immigrant mess.

Myself, I believe that there should be a cabinet-level Immigration Department so that we can better fight illegal immigration.
    It should not be part of Homeland Security as it is now.

As of now, the Secretary of Homeland of Security not only has to think of terrorist attacking the United States, he also, according to the Homeland Security chart, has to worry about such agencies as the Secret Service, the Coast Guard, and the Border Patrol.
    So, when does he have the time or the energy to concentrate solely on this illegal immigrant mess?

My point is this: The Department of Homeland Security is too big to really fight illegal immigration, and it has too many agencies/departments that are NOT doing enough or anything at all to fight illegal immigration, because they do not see fighting illegal immigration as part of their jobs.

For instance, the last time I looked, the Coast Guard was not patrolling the Rio Grande River---the border between Mexico and the United States---for illegal immigrants.

Also, the last time I looked, the Coast Guard was not patrolling the deserts of Arizona and New Mexico for illegal immigrants. (This is a bit of sarcasm, because obviously the Coast Guard cannot use its boats in the desert.)

Again, could someone post the Homeland Security organizational chart for me? Thanks. mirse

Re: Homeland Security organizational chart: A Mess?

[quote="mirse"]Is it just me, or is the Homeland Security organizational chart an organizational mess?
    Note: As many of us know, fighting illegal immigration is supposed to come under this federal cabinet-level Department.

In the Homeland Securiy organizational chart, we find these departments or agencies:

1. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services = Director

2. U.S. Immigration Customs Enforcement (ICE) =Assistant Secretary

3. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) = Director

Questions:

1. Is it just me, or are there TWO agencies with the word "Immigration" in them? Is that bizarre or what?
    I say that having two agencies with the word "Immigration" in them is sick.

2. FEMA and immigration: I thought FEMA dealt with nature's disasters.
    My point is this: How can the Secretary of Homeland Security really give any time to the illegal immigration mess, if he has to give most of his time and energy to natural disasters like when the Katrina hurricane destroying most of
    New Orleans a few years ago?

3. For instance, what does Homeland Security have to do with illegal immigrants crowding some of our schools and with illegal immigrants using hospital emergency rooms as if they were private doctors' offices?

Again, my point is this: We need a cabinet-level immigration department, because the immigration department should not be treated as a second class department in the cabinet-level department of Homeland Security.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Jean: Great job in posting the Homeland Security organizational chart.

I tried and tried, but I could not post the chart. Thanks.

Now maybe posters here can study the Homeland Security organizational chart and see for themselves how it seems to be set up to fight terrorist acts and not set up to fight illegal immigration.

Myself, the more I study the Homeland Security chart, the more I am convinced that we need an independent cabinet-level Department of Immigration.

For instance, one agency in Homeland Security is "National Cyber
    Security Center", with its own director.
    This obviously has to do with computer security.

So, can someone please tell me how the head of Homeland Security can tackle the immense and highly emotional problem of illegal immigration, when he has to oversee such agencies as the Coast Guard, the Secret Service, and the National Cyber Security Center"?

Disgusting and pathetic. mirse

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Let's look at the chart for the word "Immigration", or for anything related to 'immigration"

1. There is "Citizenship & Immigration Services Ombudsman---An Ombudsman is a person who handles complaints from citizens against the government.

It seems this person has his own, special spot on the chart.

2. "U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services" Director.

3. "U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement" Assistant Secretary

4. Can someone please tell me why we have two separate agencies that deal with Immigration?

5. In my opinion, "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services" should have its own "U.S. Immigration Enforcement", and so, at the very least, U.S. Immigration should be removed from "U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement" agency, and it should be moved to "U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services."

6. We also have a problem with sub-agencies with the word "Customs"
    in its title.

7. We have "U.S. Customs Border Protection" Commissioner, along with
    "U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement".

8. Could someone please explain why we have two sub-agencies with the word "Customs" in their title?
    There seems to be a needless duplication or overlap of responsibilites here. Do they ever argue over who does what?

9. To me, it would be more logical and efficient to put the two sub-agencies with the word "Customs" in the same agency instead of having two agencies that seem to be doing the same work with "Customs".

10. What do you think about the "Domestic Nuclear Detection Office" Director?

11. Again, could someone please explain how the Secretary of Homeland Security can concentrate on the massive illegal immigration problem, when he has to oversee such sub-agencies as the "Domestic Nuclear Detection Office" and the "National Cyber Security Center"?

12. As I see it, the Departmen of Homeland Security is so diverse and uses so much of its energy fighting terrorists through its many divisions, that it really has no energy or desire left to tackle the tremendous problem of illegal immigration.

13. We need a Department of Immigration all by itself if we are to fight illegal immigration to the best of our ability.

14. Secretary of Homeland Security: How can we expect the secretary to concentrate on the massive problem of illegal immigration, when he has to fly here or fly there all over the country in order to fight disasters caused by tornados, hurricanes, floods, and forest fires?

15. Homeland Security sole mandate shoudl be to fight terrorists and natural disasters.

16. Let a new, cabinet-level Department of Immigration fight illegal immigration the way it should be fought.

It looks to me like to many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians" to get the job done.....but hey isn't that the way with this Government, we would not want any of these cabnets to work now would we!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)