Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

HORROR! “Beheading Is Planned” Threat Made Against Rhode Island Elementary School Chi

Stand With Phil Robertson

HORROR! “Beheading Is Planned” Threat Made Against Rhode Island Elementary School Children In 3 Communities
    http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/h...3-communities/

“Beheading Is Planned” Threat Made Against Rhode Island Elementary School Children In 3 Communities

By Velvet Hammer
    16 8:51 am October 9, 2014

I really do not know what to say about this. There is a knot in my stomach the size of Rhode Island. I can barely catch by breath. The shock is beyond belief. I can not even begin to imagine what the parents felt upon hearing this.
    Via EAGNews:
    WARWICK, R.I. – A specific – and graphic – threat was made against school children in three Rhode Island communities.
    Johnston, Cranston and Warwick are on alert after a threat was issued that involved “beheading.”
    The threat, which was delivered by mail, said, “Beheading is planned.”
    Warwick police Col. Steven McCartney called the message “chilling.”
    Many parents are reportedly keeping their children at home.
    “Some parents are keeping their kids at home. Right now we just ran our attendance data, we have about a third,” Cranston School Superintendent Judith Lundsten tells WPRO.
    “I was at Gladstone this morning and in one of their rooms they almost had 100% attendance.”
    According to the Providence Journal, Lundsten canceled recess and students will not wait outside but will enter immediately.
    Cranston police chief Michael Winquist tells the radio station there will be an increased police presence around both public and private schools, but that there patrols will not disrupt the school day.
    ……
    The mailed threat reportedly said children would be targeted Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
    NBC Boston:
    (WHDH) –The drama in Rhode Island comes on the heels of similar threats in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
    ……
    The threat was reportedly handwritten and police have enlisted the help of the FBI to determine the source of the letter.
    The question in my mind is where did the letter originate from? Foreign or domestic?
    Even if the source of the threat has no intention of attempting to carry out the threat, it is still –terrorism.
    No matter what the motive behind the threat is, it is still –terrorism.
    He/she needs to be hunted down and brought to justice immediately, if not sooner.
    If your child attended any of the targeted schools would you keep them at home for the time being or continue sending them?
    This American Thinker article is from 2007, but in context of this news the information within remains highly relevant: [Islamic] Terrorists Targeting Students: The Kids are not Alright

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/h...3-communities/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Parents worried after beheading threat at 3 R.I. schools

Posted: Oct 08, 2014 10:31 PM Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:31 PM EDT
    Updated: Oct 09, 2014 3:31 PM Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:31 PM EDT
    Reported by Anthony Miller

Video at the page link:

JOHNSTON, R.I. (WHDH) - Many elementary school children in several Rhode Island communities stayed home from school Thursday after police received a threatening letter.

Investigators say someone threatened to behead students at schools in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick.

Because of the threat, many parents kept their children out of class even though police had a visible presence on campus.

"We want to ensure that there's a safe environment for our students as they go to our schools not only just today but throughout the entire period that they're in school,” Cranston Mayor Allan Fung said.

Many parents kept their kids at home Wednesday. Others decided to walk their children to school.

"It is safe and I hope it's just a prank that they're playing, the threat is not that serious. I hope everything gets back to normal because our kids do need their education,” Giovanni Carpenter said.

The drama in Rhode Island comes on the heels of similar threats in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

Police in Rhode Island say they don't believe this is a credible threat but the community is certainly not taking any chances.

"When these threats come in, we take them very serious, but at the same time, we don't want these threats to affect our daily lives including what they do here educating students,” Cranston Police Chief Michael Winquist said.

The threat was reportedly handwritten and police have enlisted the help of the FBI to determine the source of the letter.

http://www.whdh.com/story/26741487/p...t-3-ri-schools
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rhode Island Police Respond to 'Beheading' Threat

ABC Video at the page link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/nbc-new...t-339345987828

School threat cites planned beheadings, police chief says

Published October 08, 2014 Associated Press

JOHNSTON, R.I. – Warwick's police chief says a threat to elementary school students in three communities mentioned beheading.
    Col. Steven McCartney tells WPRO-AM that the threat specified that "beheading is planned." He called the nature of the threat targeting children in Warwick, Cranston and Johnston chilling.

Johnston police received the anonymous threat by mail on Tuesday. Police say officers will be at every school in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick through Friday.
    Several parents said they'll keep their children at home. McCartney says the schools may be the safest place to be.
    Cranston Supt. Judith Lundsten says recess will be canceled and students will not wait outside but will enter immediately.
    Lt. Matthew Moynihan, a state police officer working for Cranston police, said authorities have not determined any validity to the threat.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/08...ce-chief-says/

Conservative Daily

Sick...

Threatening Letters Sent to Elementary Schools Warn of ISIS-Style Murder of Schoolchildren
    This instantly got the attention of the FBI, but parents still question the security...
    ijreview.com

Threatening Letters Sent to Elementary Schools Warn of ISIS-Style Murder of Schoolchildren

15,779 Shares By Kyle Becker 7 hours ago

Three letters sent to elementary schools in the Warwick, Cranston, and Johnston districts in Rhode Island threaten schoolchildren and contain the chilling words “beheading is planned.”
    The incident was reported by the Providence-Journal and the letters have instantly garnered the attention of the FBI.
    The Warwick Police Chief Stephen M. McCartney cautioned parents not to panic and assured them that police and FBI were on the case.
    “While the words are very chilling,” McCartney said. “I certainly would want to emphasize that the safest place right now is in school. I’ve got a police officer in every school and so the other [sic] jurisdictions.”
    The police have increased security and surveillance around Rhode Island schools, but that hasn’t stopped some from questioning the move to keep the schools open. Opposing Views reported:
    “School should be cancelled in those cities tomorrow until they figure out if it is a real threat. Why risk kids and teacher’s lives?” read one of the comments.

As a heightened security measure, elementary school children in all three cities will have indoor recess and gym. Furthermore, all school doors will be locked throughout the day, and an I.D. will be required to gain entry. Police officers, both undercover and uniformed, will reportedly be present in elementary schools for the remainder of the week.
    Police Chief McCartney has done his utmost to reassure parents in the community, and has pointed out one possible motive behind the letter.
    “We are providing the security that is necessary,” he said. “We know that whoever did this decided to create the most chaos he could by picking on the most vulnerable.”
    Nonetheless, a significant number of parents have elected to not send their children to school, and demand evidence that the threat has passed. As the Inquistr reported, WPRI 12 said that “at least one-third of Cranston students were absent from school, and 40 percent of the students in Johnston stayed home.”
    If these letters prove to be authentic, the United States government will have further explaining to do about why it refuses to vigorously prosecute a war against an enemy that is bringing war upon Americans, whether the politicians admit it or not.
    Recent reports confirm there are a growing number of Americans sympathetic to ISIS and are even willing to join and fight alongside the murderous terrorist group abroad.
    If ISIS and its sympathizers, like the Moore, Oklahoma beheader, continue targeting innocent civilians on the homeland, Americans will no longer be able to stand for the complacent politicians who do little else besides sit on their hands while it happens.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/1861...choolchildren/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-09-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Police keep watch at elementary schools in Cranston, Johnston, Warwick after threat

Published: October 08, 2014 08:27 AM
    Comments 15

The Providence Journal / Mary Murphy

By Richard Salit
    Richard Salit The Providence Journal rsalit@providencejournal.com
    Published: October 08 2014 08:27

CRANSTON, R.I. — With some parents choosing to keep their children home because of threats made against some schools in Rhode Island, the school day is starting at Edgewood Highlands School in Cranston with a noticeable police presence.

A Cranston police cruiser is stationed in the school parking lot, and a police officer could be seen moving in and out of the school.
    Related

Buses are pulling up in front of the school and students are being dropped off.
    With the heavy rains from overnight finally stopped, crossing guard Linda Moniz is helping guide children safely to the building, but she’s chosen to keep her own daughter home.
    “I don’t want to take any chances, not in this day and age,” she said. “It’s crazy.”
    The police in Cranston, Johnston and Warwick are stepping up security after the police received an anonymous letter “in which a physical threat was made to elementary school students in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday,” Johnston Police Chief Richard S. Tamburini said in a letter.
    Warwick Police Chief Steven McCartney on Wednesday morning told WPRO-AM that the threat specified that “beheading is planned.” He called the nature of the threat chilling.
    In Cranston, parent Susan Wheeler walked her 9-year-old son and another student to Edgewood Highlands School.
    She struggled with whether to tell him about the threat.
    She finally decided to tell him. The news upset him and made him cry.
    She also decided that he should go to school, despite the threat.
    “We don’t want it to control our lives,” Wheeler said.
    She will, however, ensure that her son, a fourth-grader, is walked to and from school every day this week.
    At Norwood Elementary School in Warwick, a police officer was stationed in the parking lot and the school principal was greeting parents.
    Parent Martha Shaw decided against keeping her daugthers, ages 7 and 8, home from school.
    “I don’t buy into the hype,” she said. “With the police presence here, the school is probably safer than where I live.”
    Kristen Fernandes, the mother of boys, ages 5 and 7, said, “I was was nervous at first, but once I saw the police presence, it gave me comfort.”
    She was careful in how she explained the threat to her children.
    “I told my boys to keep an eye out and be extra vigilant, but I didn’t tell them everything.”
    In Johnston, police reported no security problems in the town’s schools Wednesday morning as elementary school students filed into class before 9 a.m.
    Tamburini, the police chief, was headed to each of the schools to assure administrators that police would provide a safe learning environment.
    Administrators reported lower attendance among high school and middle school students, Tamburini said.
    Tamburini also reported that authorities are following some leads in their investigation of the threatening letter. The letter is being analyzed at the state’s crime lab, he said. Detectives from Warwick, Johnston and Cranston will meet later today “to coordinate all intelligence that they have related to this threat,” Tamburini said.
    In Johnston, an officer has been posted at each of the town’s elementary schools, Tamburini said, adding that police are also keeping watch over parochial school students. A total of eight officers are in elementary schools with the school resource officers present at the middle school and high school.
    Tamburini encourages parents to send their children to school.
    Tamburini said he does not consider the threat “credible” based on the nature of the letter, but authorities will vigilant nonetheless.
    “We’re going to do everything we can,” he said, “to ease the minds of parents and school administrators that Warwick, Johnston and Cranston police are taking this seriously.”

– With reports from Journal Staff Writer Linda Borg
    – This report was originally published at 8:27 a.m. and updated at 8:45, 9:17, 9:25 and 9:55 a.m.

On Twitter: @RichSalit

http://www.providencejournal.com/new...ter-threat.ece

East Providence Police make presence known at city’s elementary schools

5 hours ago

EAST PROVIDENCE — Responding to a rash of recent threats made about potential attacks on elementary schools throughout the region and in the state, the East Providence Police Department made its presence known and felt at those buildings Wednesday morning, Oct. 8.
    No schools in the city were specifically targeted, but both academic and law enforcement officials weren’t taking any chances. Various media outlets reported earlier in the week elementary schools in Johnston, Warwick and Cranston had received anonymous threats of violence. In those places, several parents were reluctant to send their children off to class, preferring to keep them at home.
    In East Providence, patrolmen and detectives were on site for the start of classes Wednesday, hoping to alleviate the fears of parents, teachers and students.
    “We had no specific threats made in East Providence or in fact the East Bay, however times have changed. It’s a different world as we all know, so it’s gotten to the point where we have to take these kinds of things much more seriously,” EPPD Chief Chris Parella said of his department’s reaction to the situation.
    Chief Parella instructed Deputy Chief Major William Nebus, patrol commander Captain Bruce Kidman and Lieutenant Ray Blinn, the school security liaison, to coordinate and implement the EPPD response, which began Wednesday and will continue for the time being.
    “We had a heavy presence at the schools this morning, ” Chief Parella said Wednesday. “We want the parents and the children and the staff to feel safe. We’re going to continue to address the matter because who knows? It’s a delicate balance. We don’t want to act and create panic, which is often the aim of these types of threats in the first place. We don’t want to overreact, but we also don’t want to underreact either. We just want to positioned in a place where we can respond anywhere and at any time we’re needed.”
    The alleged threats in Rhode Island mirror those made throughout New England over the past week. Schools and colleges in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire received almost a dozen threats combined, causing buildings to be evacuated or schools to be closed. Chief Parella noted one school’s computer system was hacked sending users to a radical Islamic site. Others received bomb threats and also threats of beheadings like those done to hostages by the militant group ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria).
    “It’s very concerning,” Chief Parella added. “It used to be that places like the United States and the United Kingdom didn’t deal with this, but with ISIS doing what they’ve done and attempting to recruit people here, we have to take this seriously.”

http://www.eastbayri.com/news/east-p...ntary-schools/

‘Beheading’ threat made against Rhode Island school children

‘Beheading’ threat made against Rhode Island school children

October 8, 2014

Kyle Olson

Kyle founded Education Action Group in 2007.
    WARWICK, R.I. – A specific – and graphic – threat was made against school children in three Rhode Island communities.

Johnston, Cranston and Warwick are on alert after a threat was issued that involved “beheading.”

The threat, which was delivered by mail, said, “Beheading is planned.”

Warwick police Col. Steven McCartney called the message “chilling.”

Many parents are reportedly keeping their children at home.

“Some parents are keeping their kids at home. Right now we just ran our attendance data, we have about a third,” Cranston School Superintendent Judith Lundsten tells WPRO.

“I was at Gladstone this morning and in one of their rooms they almost had 100% attendance.”

According to the Providence Journal, Lundsten canceled recess and students will not wait outside but will enter immediately.

Cranston police chief Michael Winquist tells the radio station there will be an increased police presence around both public and private schools, but that there patrols will not disrupt the school day.

“When these threats come in we take them very serious, at the same time we don’t want these threats to disrupt our daily lives including the important work they do here educating students,” Winquist says.

“We’re in constant communication is absolutely critical from not only a law enforcement standpoint, but most importantly the schools and the administrations because we want to ensure there is a safe environment for our students as they are going to our schools,” Cranston Mayor Allan Fung tells WPRO.

The mailed threat reportedly said children would be targeted Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

http://eagnews.org/threat-to-ri-scho...des-beheading/
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Threat made against Johnston, Cranston and Warwick schools

Published: October 07, 2014 05:25 PM
    Comments 21

By Linda Borg and Donita Naylor
    Linda Borg and Donita Naylor The Providence Journal lborg@providencejournal.com dnaylor@providencejournal.com
    Published: October 07 2014 05:25

Related

Enlarge
    Johnston Police Chief Richard Tamburini confirms a letter was received threatening elementary school students in Cranston, Johnston and Warwick.

JOHNSTON, R.I. — The Johnston, Cranston and Warwick police are investigating threats made to schools in those communities.
    The Johnston Police Department issued the following statement:
    “Today the Johnston Police received an anonymous letter through the mail in which a physical threat was made to the elementary school students in Johnston, Cranston and Warwick on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. As a result, the elementary schools in each jurisdiction will have additional ;police presence, both marked and unmarked, throughout the next three days. The investigation as to who sent the letter is ongoing. There is nothing further being released at this time. If anyone has any information regarding this incident they are advised to contact the police department in their local jurisdiction.”
    The letter is signed by Johnston Police Chief Richard S. Tamburini.
    Cranston Supt. Judith Lundsten said her district will implement the following safety measures:
    A uniformed police officer will be in each of 25 school buildings Wednesday.
    Recess will be canceled.
    Students will not wait outside schools before class but will enter immediately.
    Administrators will be visible in school buildings all day.
    “Our main concern is the ongoing safety of our staff and students, and that all of our safety procedures are being followed and we’re going to take every precaution we can think of,” Lundsten said.

On Twitter: @lborgprojocom @donita22

http://www.providencejournal.com/bre...hoolsready.ece

Stand With Phil Robertson

ALARMING! Judicial Watch Confirms 4 ISIS Terrorists Arrested In Texas In Last 36 Hours
    http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/j...last-36-hours/

ALARMING! Judicial Watch Confirms 4 ISIS Terrorists Arrested In Texas In Last 36 Hours |...
    Waltzing right in on the red carpet Obama has laid out for them.Judicial Watch:October 8, 2014Islamic terrorists have entered the United Sta...
    libertynews.com

ALARMING! Judicial Watch Confirms 4 ISIS Terrorists Arrested In Texas In Last 36 Hours

By Velvet Hammer
    1 6:46 pm October 8, 2014

Waltzing right in on the red carpet Obama has laid out for them.
    Judicial Watch:
    October 8, 2014
    Islamic terrorists have entered the United States through the Mexican border and Homeland Security sources tell Judicial Watch that four have been apprehended in the last 36 hours by federal authorities and the Texas Department of Public Safety in McAllen and Pharr.
    JW confirmed this after California Congressman Duncan Hunter, a former Marine Corp Major and member of the House Armed Services Committee, disclosed on national television that at least ten Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) fighters have been caught crossing the Mexican border in Texas. The veteran lawmaker got the astounding intel straight from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the Homeland Security agency responsible for guarding the 1,933-mile southern border.
    ……
    In late August JW reported that Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle borne improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources confirmed to JW that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat. More >>>
    This begs the question; how many got away? Or rather, how many got in?
    Yid With Lid’s Jeff Dunetz reports “The Department of Homeland Security is denying Rep. Duncan Hunter’s assertion that ISIS fighters have been caught crossing the southwestern border.”
    I will take Judicial Watch’s credibility over the credibility of the Regime’s DHS any day of the week.
    Remember in November.
    Photo image source the Daily Mail.

http://www.libertynews.com/2014/10/j...last-36-hours/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast