Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

House seeks answers from Holder on "Gunwalking"

House seeks answers from Holder on "Gunwalking"

Posted by Sharyl Attkisson

"Is the program still active?"

That's just one of six questions that 14 Republicans on the House Judiciary Committee are posing to Attorney General Eric Holder in the ATF "Gunwalking" scandal.

Read the letter to AG Holder http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/HJCGunru.pdf

As a CBS News investigation has reported, current and former ATF agents say the agency intentionally allowed thousands of assault rifles and other weapons to cross the border into Mexico as part of a controversial plan to gain intelligence. Insiders refer to it as letting guns "walk."

Two assault rifles ATF allegedly allowed to walk turned up at the murder of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry last December. Suspects arrested in the murder of Immigration agent Jaime Zapata two months later were already under surveillance by ATF.

Holder's office at first vehemently denied ATF has ever knowingly allowed weapons to get into the hands of suspected gunrunners for Mexico's drug cartels. However, when asked about it at a briefing yesterday, Holder didn't repeat the denial. Instead, he said the questions have to be taken seriously.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-2 ... tag=latest

"Is the program still active?"
    IT sure as hell better NOT be Active, But something tells me, it is

Getting answers from Holder will be like getting Nappy to testify. Any kind of Congressional hearing will be like asking the FOX to mind the hen house. Nothing will happen and this matter will be quickly covered up. I have ZERO faith in our government to operate with any sense of ethics.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Getting answers from Holder will be like getting Nappy to testify. Any kind of Congressional hearing will be like asking the FOX to mind the hen house. Nothing will happen and this matter will be quickly covered up. I have ZERO faith in our government to operate with any sense of ethics.
    if it happens, ill have my chips and salsa ready so i can snack while watching it

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62

if it happens, ill have my chips and salsa ready so i can snack while watching it
    Yea, me too. I should make an interesting TV show.

In any case, I guess we shoudl stay on some of the House committee members such as Ted Poe to get something done about this.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas