Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Housing market, 2-familes, rich contractors (North NJ)?

Just wondering if this is happening in other states, other areas?

In this area of NJ, we had trouble buying a home simply because we could not compete with rich contractors who so happen to be Spanish, Portuguese, etcetera. We got outbid on one house in particular by practically $50k and when I rode by it the other day, sure enough there is a non-American flag hanging off the porch.

The new trend here is that they buy properties, knock them down, and then build multi-family dwellings. Which is causing problems such as over crowding of schools, parking problems, traffic congestion, etc. The house right next to us is going to be a 2-family now. This massive dwelling does not fit in with other houses on the block and all these new ones going up are of "Spanish" style/decor. Once built they either rent them out or sell them for anywhere from $500-700K. So someone is raking in a lot of money.

Anyway, it is making very difficult for the average home buyer to get a foothold in the market. We were lucky that the contractor who bought our house got arrested on embezzlement charges.

So, is this just something going on here or other parts of the U.S.? We sort of feel like eventually we will have to leave this area.

I am not aware of that happening in Illinois (but then anything is possible since they deliberately omit any information in terms of legal status), but I have a question/suggestion for you.

If you know anyone who is a village/city worker I would discuss the problem with them and ask what your city ordinance states with regards to single family dwellings/zoning.

If you don't know anyone personally, I would go down to the Village/City Hall and speak with someone because they should have laws on the books.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Yes, I have heard they rarely do anything about enforcing the laws unless someone complains.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    I would say its happening here on Long Island... So stay away from here! The contractors save on there labor then sell the house for 500k to 800k! These house are all carpet bomber houses and have no character at all! The cheapest of the cheap, but not the price!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

So where are the town councils, township supervisors, county planners, etc. These are the people who make the ordinances against multi-family dwellings in residential areas. NJ MUST have SOME kind of rules that are not being followed!!!!

Go to your town hall and check the zoneing. See if two family houses are permitted in your area. In certain areas of my town in Northern NJ only one family homes are permitted, unless you can prove you are Mother/daughter Father/son etc.

Welcome to ALIPAC JenniferB, Hope you are going to stay around and join us in the so many things we need to fight, as in your article. We need everyone to join and get involved so we can become a force to be reckoned with, and save this country of ours that is changing so fast and not to our liking.

I have not heard of this in Idaho, but I sure can picture it happening. Seems like they are throwing these kind of changes at us so fast we can not keep up, and it is people like you who we need to bring this kind of stuff to our attention from towns and states all across the country.

Please stay around. post often and get involved and SPREAD THE WORD!! we need to increase our numbers, that where the power to make changes lie!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They're getting around the laws here by simply "changing the zoning" for the lots. I believe they hold a simple informal hearing and it gets changed so easily. There was a big write up in the local papers about people complaining about them (calling them "McMansions"), the town may have started to put their foot down because I just heard that one house that is for sale is designated as a one-family only and will remain that way. So it seems that folks here are speaking up some but it may be too little, too late.

BorderLegionnaire: The one next to us looks very cheaply made! Sounds like LI and here are the same. Not to mention they work on it, then stop for weeks at a time. I'm about to have a baby in 4 weeks and I can bet $ that is when they will start hammering away again, sigh. I swear, I never saw such laziness when it came to building something. I think my 21 month old son with his toy hammer could build it faster, LOL.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferB
    They're getting around the laws here by simply "changing the zoning" for the lots. I believe they hold a simple informal hearing and it gets changed so easily. There was a big write up in the local papers about people complaining about them (calling them "McMansions"), the town may have started to put their foot down because I just heard that one house that is for sale is designated as a one-family only and will remain that way. So it seems that folks here are speaking up some but it may be too little, too late.

BorderLegionnaire: The one next to us looks very cheaply made! Sounds like LI and here are the same. Not to mention they work on it, then stop for weeks at a time. I'm about to have a baby in 4 weeks and I can bet $ that is when they will start hammering away again, sigh. I swear, I never saw such laziness when it came to building something. I think my 21 month old son with his toy hammer could build it faster, LOL.
    They have to stop alot is because an inspector comes by and halts the building! I have worked for a flooring company and they build 250 units on this one development and I heard this inspector yelling at a foreman saying the 3 houses he'd inspected is all off by 1 foot to 4 feet in multiple areas!!! These developers like Pulte (there are tons more) hire illegals to do the building and they speak no English at all!!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul