Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How Long Do We Have?

Received this e-mail. It is food for thought but disagree about the steps each of the world's greatest civilizations went through--very few attained liberty for one thing.

Subject: How Long Do We Have
    This is the most interesting thing I've read in a long time.
    The sad thing about it is, you can see it coming. I have always heard about this democracy countdown. It is interesting to see it in print. May God help us, not that we deserve it.

How Long Do We Have? About the time our original thirteen states adopted their new constitution in 1787, Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, had this to say about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years earlier: "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government." " A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury."

"From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship."

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years." "During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:
    1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
    2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
    3. from courage to liberty;
    4. from liberty to abundance;
    5. from abundance to complacency;
    6. from complacency to apathy;
    7. from apathy to dependence;
    8. from dependence back into bondage"

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota , points out some interesting facts concerning the 2000 Presidential election:
    Number of States won by: Gore: 19 Bush: 29
    Square miles of land won by: Gore: 580,000 Bush: 2,427,000
    Population of counties won by: Gore: 127 million Bush: 143 million
    Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Gore: 13.2 Bush: 2.1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Bush won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Gore's territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to forty three million criminal invaders called illegal's and they vote, then we can say good-bye to the USA as we know it in fewer than five years.

Pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.
    "Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"
    Jean Baptiste Truong
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Profound!!!

Yeah, it became an invasion when they entered illegally, intend to claim
    land, change language and culture.

Sad thing is, the American people have been warned and how many
    take them at their word? Too few.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Thomas Cole Paintings

Artist Cole painted a series of five title the Rise and Fall of Empire. He was a member of the Hudson River School of Art. His work makes the same statement as the Professor. I have suggested to my Senators/Rep that we are entering #5 painting. After a year, I no longer expect an answer. They are soooo busy thinking of new ways to screw us, guess they have not had time. Or possibly tooo stupid to understand the implication.

Illegal Aliens are the 21st Century version of the Visigoths, funny how people never learn from history.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

It looks like we are already in Stage 8 (dependence back into bondage) because there is NO ONE on either side of the aisle who is willing to exercise the draconian measures needed to DEPORT the grossly underestimated number of 12M illegals who are already here. If they can't figure out how to deport 12M, how could they ever consider deporting the more likely number of 40M?

The borders are more wide open than ever before and by the time anyone gets around to doing something (if ever), we will have another 40M (mod-edit) devouring the host donor (America).

If the Clintonistas take over the WH, the cycle will be complete! A fait-accompli!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I would gladly be free from all governmental dependence myself, with the exception that as I became an adult, the prices of land and real estate have climbed beyond my reaches thus far, and for all too many Americans who do wish, as I, to be self-sufficient.

However, being totally self-sufficient takes having ones own place, maybe property, otherwise while being a renter, you are dependent on someone else all of the time.

When we started losing the ability to not only simply own our own homes and/or property, and as well having the government come in and claim eminent domain over what land is still owned privately, we all know we are in dire danger of losing the last stand we have as sovereign citizens, free and able to live independently in peace.

This is where we need to stand strong together, so we can get back to that prior sovereignty many of our ancestors knew. We have to fight this illegal invasion, and when we have done that, we need to take back our government by voting in people who will uphold our Constitution and laws, without taking what they please for the elites.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought it interesting today in a small locally issued newspaper,that a neighboring towns state representative stood up about illegals obtaining fuel monies illegally and how the majority of reps voted against taking any action. Seems there is some program whereby the intake people can make random social security numbers up, which they need to qualify these people for the federal funds.

There is no end to what some will do to aid and abet these illegals. These funds were given in New Haven to illegal aliens and the Feds were up in arms about it, threatening the program, which is unfair to the citizens who need it. I doubt if New Haven was the only one utilizing such a program.

Lawbreakers everywhere, not just limited to the illegal aliens, the ones who support them also.

We have become lawless, no longer thinking there will be consequences for breaking the law(s).

Won't be contributing any monies requested in our monthly electric and gas bills to help fellow citizens, since they seem to be out of the equation on getting the assistance.

This is basically how I came up with my name on alipac" SoSadForUs"
    I knew we were headed down the same road as the Roman Empire, and following in the path of the European Union.

I still have high hopes there is time to change it and will never give up until I know it is absoultely hopeless!

And there is nothing I can do for America once I am gone, if the people don't care enough to change it, they will get what they deserve.

>>ACTION ALERT 6/12<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION ON NC. CAROLINA
    INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-702279.html#702279
    Join Immigration Enforcement Groups for Historic Rally in Raleigh on June 18
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-119113.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't doubt some of this is true. This man kinda lost me when he is trying to make it seem that somehow Bush is/was better than Gore.

There was a time, I would have said yes, but now I am wondering if Gore wouldn't have just been ineffectual - not deliberately destructive.

The fact is, I doubt the ink was dry on the constitution before certain people began to make plans to dimantle it or use it for their own gain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    This is basically how I came up with my name on alipac" SoSadForUs"
    I knew we were headed down the same road as the Roman Empire, and following in the path of the Eurpean Union.

I still have high hopes there is time to change it and will never give up until I know it is absoultely hopeless!

And there is nothing I can do for America once I am gone, if the people don't care enough to change it, they will get what they deserve.
    The only thing that keeps me from despair is the people on Alipac and other boards. As long as there are folks who are still willing to fight, I don't think the US can be completley destroyed. It may look very different than it does now. It will be up to us to rebuild America from the ashes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast