Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

How many illegal immigrants in schools?

Bill Evans: How many illegal immigrants in schools?
    .Bill Evans | Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:15 am

The Sunday editorial blamed the Madison School Board for wanting an 8.7 percent tax hike. Wage freezes, fewer supplies, cutting maintenance costs and eliminating administrative positions were mentioned as cost savers.

Earlier in the week, the State Journal reported on illegal immigrants killing illegal immigrants in Madison, and that some of the illegal immigrants were attending school in Madison.

It seems a great amount of money for schools, hospitals, police departments, public defenders and jails would be saved if illegal immigrants were not in this country. If the various governments wish to provide benefits for them, get used to higher taxes. You may even be taxed out of your homes to provide these benefits.

Some retired Americans actually leave the United States to stretch their retirement dollars in a country with lower taxes and living costs. I hear Mexico is a nice place and there's plenty of room with so many Mexicans leaving their country to illegally live here.

— Bill Evans, Stoughton

Posted in Mailbag on Sunday, May 16, 2010 5:15 am Bill Evans

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/opinio ... 03286.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Using an estimate of the illegal immigrant population derived from U.S. Census, the staff of the Lone Star Report came up with an estimate of school-aged illegal immigrants 224,000, with a further 300,000 students who are U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants.

In fact, in a recent story in the Houston Chronicle, the number of illegal immigrant children in Houston ISD alone was estimated at between 20,000 to 35,000. Adding in their U.S.-born siblings, the cost for HISD alone would be $333 million to $582 million. Keep in mind that there are about 22 independent school districts in Harris County.

[i]“The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received. However, local governments bore the burden of $1.44 billion in uncompensated health care costs and local law enforcement costs not paid for by the state.â€
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

the correct answer is: too many!

what do I win?

You win the GRAND prize of.......... being one of the FEW that understands! But hey, you have a brain and appearently that's more than our leaders so.... i take my hat off and bow to your wisdom! Wouldn't it be nice though, if your answer, which is the truth, could be considered for the solution? I guess that would be to easy and make to much sense so it's quite doubtful, but it's a nice thought.

i like the answer

ONE IS TOO MANY

Arizona state senator Russell Pearce, who has been labeled as having the intelligence of an Idaho potato, has more legislation pending that will help us tally the cost of illegal immigration - forcing the schools to determine how many undocumented students they serve. The schools will lose funding if they do not comply. This will help us answer President Felipe Calderon's fuzzy math.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepubli ... e1-30.html

(Phew! The best coverage of the law is on "opposition" sites - I finally found this link.)

The state is not allowed to put the children out of school. I see nothing about the state sharing the information with law enforcement. Maybe it means that we get better funding from the feds for this "unfunded mandate" to educate people whose families do not pay in. If the families then feel too "uncomfortable" and then keep their kids out of school they are violating the law yet again.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!