Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Since the Moron in the Honda apparently had no qualms about putting an American BLUE COLLAR worker in the "shelter line" I don't feel one doggone BIT sorry for him. I hope he has to sleep in the back seat of that foreign piece of crap for the rest of his life.

Buy foreign products, put other Americans out of work and then whine and expect those of us who suffered BEFORE you to feel sorry for you now that it's YOUR job on the line...sorry, that dog won't hunt. Where were all these white collar workers when we BLUE COLLAR workers were being betrayed..oh! That's right! They were lined up at the Honda dealerships.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Patrioticme, you have a valid point in that those who are now losing ground in the workplace, were those who first wanted it all and bought foreign to have it all.

It will have to be us, the average Americans, the blue collar, to bring this country back. We are a majority, and we have the power to make those changes by being loud and telling congress, the senate and the White House we have had enough.

It is long overdue, and time for some huge changes in this country.

Just as a note, I once had an argument with my now deceased father, as he ranted on about how "evil" the conservatives were. He then talked about how the conservative elites were the reason for so many job losses and lowered wages, and I pointed out to him who signed NAFTA that started allowing all of the outsourcing of those jobs, Bill Clinton. He conceded at that point that it was a huge mistake and that Clinton had opened the doors for those wealthy chomping at the bit to line their pockets a little bit more by getting cheap labor.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Patrioticme, you have a valid point in that those who are now losing ground in the workplace, were those who first wanted it all and bought foreign to have it all.

It will have to be us, the average Americans, the blue collar, to bring this country back. We are a majority, and we have the power to make those changes by being loud and telling congress, the senate and the White House we have had enough.

It is long overdue, and time for some huge changes in this country.

Just as a note, I once had an argument with my now deceased father, as he ranted on about how "evil" the conservatives were. He then talked about how the conservative elites were the reason for so many job losses and lowered wages, and I pointed out to him who signed NAFTA that started allowing all of the outsourcing of those jobs, Bill Clinton. He conceded at that point that it was a huge mistake and that Clinton had opened the doors for those wealthy chomping at the bit to line their pockets a little bit more by getting cheap labor.
    This is all a part of our loss of national soverignty. We have to stop it.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Agreed Texasborn, we do need to stop it. The one thing that has given me more power is to ask for someone who speaks English, or even go as far to ask where the person assisting you, on the phone, is? America, no, then get me a person with this company in the United States, or if the accent it too much to understand, then ask for an English only speaker.

I do not take no for an answer on that one.

I actually once had a friend tell me that she was getting a debt collection call, when her husband was unemployed, from India. The person on the other end was really awful about their debt and inability to get it caught up. However, she pointed out to this nasty person that if her husband had not been out of work due to a trickle down effect of outsourcing of American jobs, then they would not have to be calling from India, about her and her husbands debts. She told them, "be glad some of your fellow Indian citizens have taken American jobs, put Americans out of work and in financial trouble, so you can call me now and have another outsourced job attempting to collect debts from all the American workers who are now unemployed!".

This is just the irony of it all. Foriegners get our jobs in order to line some corporate execs pockets, and when we are in financial trouble, they too get the jobs to harass for the money we now cannot pay the debt with.

I think that what needs to happen is common American citizens take this nation back from the bottom up. Start with small entrepeneurs. make sure we deal only with people who are local, farms, ranchers (your meats), bakers, grocers, clothing makers, etc... and keep up like that refusing to deal with, talk to or do any business with a company that has outsourced their business to other nations, or deals in foreign made products. Basically, the common person takes control by shutting out the big guys and their cheap labor and cheap products, buying less, but better and supporting only Americans.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Agreed Texasborn, we do need to stop it. The one thing that has given me more power is to ask for someone who speaks English, or even go as far to ask where the person assisting you, on the phone, is? America, no, then get me a person with this company in the United States, or if the accent it too much to understand, then ask for an English only speaker.

I do not take no for an answer on that one.

I actually once had a friend tell me that she was getting a debt collection call, when her husband was unemployed, from India. The person on the other end was really awful about their debt and inability to get it caught up. However, she pointed out to this nasty person that if her husband had not been out of work due to a trickle down effect of outsourcing of American jobs, then they would not have to be calling from India, about her and her husbands debts. She told them, "be glad some of your fellow Indian citizens have taken American jobs, put Americans out of work and in financial trouble, so you can call me now and have another outsourced job attempting to collect debts from all the American workers who are now unemployed!".

This is just the irony of it all. Foriegners get our jobs in order to line some corporate execs pockets, and when we are in financial trouble, they too get the jobs to harass for the money we now cannot pay the debt with.

I think that what needs to happen is common American citizens take this nation back from the bottom up. Start with small entrepeneurs. make sure we deal only with people who are local, farms, ranchers (your meats), bakers, grocers, clothing makers, etc... and keep up like that refusing to deal with, talk to or do any business with a company that has outsourced their business to other nations, or deals in foreign made products. Basically, the common person takes control by shutting out the big guys and their cheap labor and cheap products, buying less, but better and supporting only Americans.
    AE, I've been doing this for years. I refuse to do business with a foreigner...refuse! The first thing I do is ask if I'm speaking to someone in the United States of America and if they tell me no, I tell them to transfer me. Sometimes, they tell me they can't, so I ask for their ID and tell them I'm going to call the corporate office (which is always here in the U.S.A.) and report them for not transferring me. They ask me to "hold" for a supervisor but the next thing I know...lo and behold!!!...they can transfer me to the U.S.A. They flat out lie to try to save the jobs they stole from us.

I went to the local flea market recently and decided to buy some vegetables. I asked the seller if these were grown locally and she said they were. I then informed her and everyone else aound us that vegetables grown in mexico were irrigated with sewer water. They were all shocked, so hopefully, I woke up a few people.

I went to my local grocery store and stopped by the customer service desk and spoke to the manager there, asking him if the meat/veggies, etc., were grown in the U.S. I then asked him if he was aware they irrigate in mexico with sewer water...he was aware but the 3 people behind me weren't...they are now.

I went to Lowes and asked the clerk there to show me only American made goods and he was very aware and happy to do so. We discussed the demise of American jobs at some length. Only 1 in 5 Americans even ASK or check the labels.

Any contractor who intends to do work in/on my home is told in no uncertain terms that if he sends anyone who doesn't speak English plainly, our business together is at an end.

Someone from India who represented my credit card company called me, trying to sell me something. I immediately told her not to EVER call me again. Then, I looked up the corporate phone number and informed the AMERICAN worker that if they EVER had someone from a foreign nation call me again about ANYTHING I would pay off that credit card and never do business with them again.

I tell them it's simple; if my AMERICAN dollars can't support my AMERICAN brothers and sisters, then they won't be GETTING any more of my AMERICAN dollars.

Let's face it; they don't pay these people in foreign nations enough to buy any of the products they make~Americans are the ones with the buying power...and if they want this American's money, they'd better make sure it goes to give an American a job.

PatrioticMe, well said, and thank you!

My own brother, a contractor, has lost so much work to bigger contractors who hire illegal aliens, while my brother, once a one man team, could not compete. He started working for another contractor, who did hire all Americans (this includes anyone here LEGALLY, not to be confused with the OBL's open idea of "immigrant"), but they too have been pushed out of jobs.

I think we need to do just as you have been doing, making sure everything we buy, and do business with is all American, and that's when we start taking back what is ours and stopping the corporate takeover of the United States of America.

BTW, we do look at labels, especially produce labels, and my 16 year old son looks closely at them, as well, we have been learning to grow some of our own produce and have hens for our own eggs (these big egg operations do hire illegals as well).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12