Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huckabee On The Laura Ingraham Show

I was really disappointed that Laura didn't hold his feet to the fire on the immigration issue. He wasn't even questioned about his 9 point plan.

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/12/13/a ... aham-show/
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, I wish Laura would have questioned Huckabee on his touchback amnesty scheme, but she did question him hard on the Mexican consulates, liberal NEA endorsement etc. In all fairness though, Laura had Michelle Malkin on after Huckabee and Malkin noted how deceptive the touchback scheme is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Huck opened up a can of worms on many fronts

He is going to get lambasted in the next couple weeks on all the
    issues

And his spew that he has the "minuteman" endorsement is going to
    fry him

Wait and see

I think all of conservative talk radio is wanting to support Huckabee. You can tell. They don't put Romney down....just in case!! But they seem to all want Huckabee.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I think all of conservative talk radio is wanting to support Huckabee. You can tell. They don't put Romney down....just in case!! But they seem to all want Huckabee.
    I don't think "ALL". I know that Beck does not like him after what he said about Mormons. I also don't get the feeling that Hannity likes him.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I don't agree that conservative talk radio (as a whole) wants to support Gomer. Laura was clearly confrontational with Huckabee in this interview and Rush has recently opened the door for valid criticism of Gomer on his show. Just this week, Rush covered the Drudge "glass jaw" story and the fact that anti-illegal immigration activists are outraged by Gilchrist's endorsement for Gomer. And that's saying a lot for Rush because he usually treats the pub candidates with kid gloves while spending most of his time bashing Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    I don't agree that conservative talk radio (as a whole) wants to support Gomer. Laura was clearly confrontational with Huckabee in this interview and Rush has recently opened the door for valid criticism of Gomer on his show. Just this week, Rush covered the Drudge "glass jaw" story and the fact that anti-illegal immigration activists are outraged by Gilchrist's endorsement for Gomer. And that's saying a lot for Rush because he usually treats the pub candidates with kid gloves while spending most of his time bashing Hillary.
    Are you an "official" member of Rush's site??? Can you send him this article??

Illegals foes reject nod to Huckabee

By Jerry Seper
    December 13, 2007
    Washington Times

"Minuteman co-founder James Gilchrist's endorsement of presidential candidate Mike Huckabee has spurred a backlash among illegal-immigration opponents who say the former Arkansas governor is soft on immigration enforcement.

"Mike Huckabee is pro-amnesty and favors a path to citizenship for illegal aliens currently in the U.S. that would require a lifting of current penalties," said William Gheen, whose 25,000-member Americans for Legal Immigration sent mass mailings yesterday to more than 300 pro-enforcement groups.

"Huckabee has released an immigration plan that contains the deceptive 'touch back' provision that the pushers of amnesty tried on us in Washington this year," he said. "He wants to trick the nation by having illegal aliens leave for a day to pick up new papers at an office set up across the border and then walk right back."

Mr. Gilchrist, whose Minuteman Project turned out about 800 civilian volunteers to guard the Arizona-Mexico border in April 2005, endorsed Mr. Huckabee in Iowa on Tuesday, saying he supported the former governor's immigration policies. He said Mr. Huckabee's immigration plan was most likely to halt "an invasion" of illegal aliens.

But Chris Simcox, who co-founded the Minuteman Project with Mr. Gilchrist and now heads the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, said no national Minuteman group has endorsed Mr. Huckabee, adding that only "one individual Minuteman has personally endorsed him."

"Jim Gilchrist speaks only for Jim Gilchrist. He does not speak for the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, nor is he nationally representative of most patriots in the Minuteman movement, who under no circumstances could ignore the failed record nor endorse the duplicitous plan recently rolled out by candidate Mike Huckabee," Mr. Simcox said."

Entire article through link.................

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/ ... 30052/1002
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Sorry Bren, I'm not an "official" member of Rush's site...

I don't think Laura Ingraham supports Huckabee, and she also has problems with Giuliani. She wants to give them fair time on her show, but that doesn't mean she supports them. She keeps stressing that we need conservatives, and to not go along with what the party elites want.

Also, Hugh Hewitt supports Romney. And Kevin James (strongly anti-illegal immigration and a Tancredo/Hunter fan) has said he likes Romney as the best alternative at this point.

Okay, well, that's encouraging news!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast