Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Huckabee vows to continue campaign

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

(CNN) — Mike Huckabee said Thursday he will continue his quest for the Republican nomination, and directly appealed for support from backers of Mitt Romney’s now suspended presidential bid.

"As a true authentic, consistent, conservative, I have a vision to bring hope, opportunity and prosperity to all Americans, and I'd like to ask for and welcome the support of those who had previously been committed to Mitt," Huckabee said in a statement.

"This is a two-man race for the nomination, and I am committed to marching on. I believe in the importance of a strong national defense — which includes winning the war against Islamic extremists and the protection of American sovereignty," he continued.

Romney announced earlier Thursday he was suspending his presidential campaign. He did not endorse another candidate, but suggested he was clearing the way for John McCain's nomination.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win," he said during a speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference. "And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror."

Huckabee currently has 181 delegates compared to John McCain's 714.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Oh man I hate to say this and will wash my mouth out with soap afterward but the Huckster would be better than McCain.

FAT CHANCE HUCKABEE!

WHEN PIGS FLY!

RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

butterbean.

The only thing Huckster will get from me is a Hillary cackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Oh man I hate to say this and will wash my mouth out with soap afterward but the Huckster would be better than McCain.
    Well you know if Huckaby and Paul got enough delegates they could force a brokered convention. McCain still needs almost 500 delegates out of the 1200 remaining. You know Ron Paul got second in Montana. If northern conservatives voted for Ron Paul and the southerners for Huckaby, we would have a brokered convention.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Huckabee wants to be McAmnestys vp.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Forget about it Huckster. This Romney supporter will never vote for you, especially after your your animus towards Romney and your insults at his religion.

Go whine to Chuck Norris.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I hold Huck in a touch more contempt than mcCain

He can suck wind for all I care

I would NEVER vote for him.

If Romney is out, I am not voting----or I am going to write in Romney's name.

Forget about it Huckster. This Romney supporter will never vote for you, especially after your your animus towards Romney and your insults at his religion.

Go whine to Chuck Norris.
    I agree 100%. After the things he said about Romney, no way is he getting my vote. He should have been the one to drop out. He had the least delegates. I'll vote for Hillary first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast