Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hum Rights grp. hearings re. Minutemen at U of AZ.

TRANSLATED FROM:
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sp/us/5575787.html

The Pan-american Commission of Human Rights (CIDH) will carry out two hearings in March regarding the situation of the immigrants in the United States and Mexico, reported on Wednesday its secretary general, Santiago Canton.

The hearings, which will be given on March 7 and 12 , are part of the first period of ordinary sessions of the year which will start on Monday and willwill be carried out for two weeks.

On the first hearing (March 7) the possibility of admission of a petition to be seen at the University of Arizona regarding "anti-immigrant activities in the south of Arizona", the American government has confirmed a representative.

If you check out their website (in English) you will see that the headquarters for this org is located in Washington, D.C. and they meet in ordinary and special sessions several times a year. The schedule and parties involved are listed on the website below. They are also conducting hearings involving other Latin American countries.

http://www.cidh.org/Comunicados/English ... .08eng.htm

The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) is one of two bodies in the inter-American system for the promotion and protection of human rights. The Commission has its headquarters in Washington, D.C. The other human rights body is the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, which is located in San José, Costa Rica.

The IACHR is an autonomous organ of the Organization of American States (OAS). Its mandate is found in the OAS Charter and the American Convention on Human Rights. The IACHR represents all of the member States of the OAS. It has seven members who act independently, without representing any particular country. The members of the IACHR are elected by the General Assembly of the OAS.

The IACHR is a permanent body which meets in ordinary and special sessions several times a year. The Executive Secretariat of the IACHR carries out the tasks delegated to it by the IACHR and provides legal and administrative support to the IACHR as it carries out its work.

What does it say about the Minutemen??

Good question Dolly...I do know pro illegal groups can not stand that the Minutemen are Americans and this is their country!

>> NEW "ACTION ALERTS" 2/29<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION.....NOW!!!!!
    Mount up folks! Today we Ride to Minnesota! "Help needed"
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-636151.html#636151
    " ALIPAC FUND RAISER LAUNCHED" !
    "PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL" !!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105713.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly3275
    What does it say about the Minutemen??
    The rest of the article mentions groups that patrol the border. i.e. the Minutemen.

Petition 478/05 – Victims of anti-immigrant activities and violence in southern Arizona, United States

"Victims"? If they weren't here in the US illegally then there wouldn't even be any "issues" to be resolved. They are the perpetrators!! We have a right to defend our soil and as far as I know, the minutemen do not use violent tactics. These is RIDICULOUS!
    From the Border Movie:

I will not sell my country out ~ I WILL NOT!
    I'd like to see that pride back in AMERICA!!!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Good question Dolly...I do know pro illegal groups can not stand that the Minutemen are Americans and this is their country!
    I agree. The pro-illegals hate the wonderful Minutemen and Minutewoman because they are aiding the border patrol, and hold rallies to protest to the criminal invasion that is happening. Well guess what? The Minutemen's membership continues to grow, so the pro-illegals just have to get used to it!
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Here's the schedule. There is no specific mention of the Minutemen, however I'm sure they'll be one of the targeted "hate" groups. I also perfomed a search for Minutemen on the IACHR website and nothing showed.

IACHR ANNOUNCES CALENDAR OF PUBLIC HEARINGS OF THE 131th PERIOD OF SESSIONS

Washington, D.C., February 27, 2008 – The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) announces the calendar of public hearings of its 131th period of sessions, that will take place March 3-14, 2008. The hearings will be held on March 7, 10 and 12, in the TL level of the General Secretariat Building of the OAS, 1889 F St. NW, Washington, DC, 20006. The audio recordings of all public hearings will be available in the Commission’s website and those held in Room A will be webcast live through the OAS website. In the case of the private hearings, there is neither webcast nor video or audio recording available, and the entrance of public and press is not allowed.

Friday, March 7, 2008 – Room A

The public hearings held in this room will be webcast live through the OAS website, www.oas.org.

Those videos can also be watched afterwards in the OAS and in the IACHR websites.

The audio recordings will be available in the IACHR’s website, www.iachr.org.

Time

(Washington, D.C.)

Topic of the hearing

Participants

9:00 – 10:00

Petition 478/05 – Victims of anti-immigrant activities and violence in southern Arizona, United States

Seanna Howard / Robert Hershey, University of Arizona College of Law

Government of the United States

10:15 – 11:15

Case 12.644 – José MedellÃ*n Rojas (MC 317/06), Rubén RamÃ*rez Cárdenas (MC 328/06) and Humberto Leal GarcÃ*a (MC 349/06)

Sandra Babcock / Center for International Human Rights

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamtnwoman
    Here's the schedule. There is no specific mention of the Minutemen, however I'm sure they'll be one of the targeted "hate" groups. I also perfomed a search for Minutemen on the IACHR website and nothing showed.

IACHR ANNOUNCES CALENDAR OF PUBLIC HEARINGS OF THE 131th PERIOD OF SESSIONS

Washington, D.C., February 27, 2008 – The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights (IACHR) announces the calendar of public hearings of its 131th period of sessions, that will take place March 3-14, 2008. The hearings will be held on March 7, 10 and 12, in the TL level of the General Secretariat Building of the OAS, 1889 F St. NW, Washington, DC, 20006. The audio recordings of all public hearings will be available in the Commission’s website and those held in Room A will be webcast live through the OAS website. In the case of the private hearings, there is neither webcast nor video or audio recording available, and the entrance of public and press is not allowed.

Friday, March 7, 2008 – Room A

The public hearings held in this room will be webcast live through the OAS website, www.oas.org.

Those videos can also be watched afterwards in the OAS and in the IACHR websites.

The audio recordings will be available in the IACHR’s website, www.iachr.org.

Time

(Washington, D.C.)

Topic of the hearing

Participants

9:00 – 10:00

Seanna Howard / Robert Hershey, University of Arizona College of Law

10:15 – 11:15

Case 12.644 – José MedellÃ*n Rojas (MC 317/06), Rubén RamÃ*rez Cárdenas (MC 328/06) and Humberto Leal GarcÃ*a (MC 349/06)

Sandra Babcock / Center for International Human Rights

"Government of the United States" Sounds like a bunch of self appointed idiots to me!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The pro-illegals in Dallas, TX, CANNOT stand ME either, they DETEST my public protests for Ramos and Compean!