Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hypothetical And Real Illegal Immigration Scenarios

1st Scenario -

Photo source: europeanweekly.org
    Hypothetically speaking, on Nov 1, 2010, an official announcement is made on national TV that ALL people who have lived in the U.S. illegally for the last 25 years will be receiving their permanent national ID card which will entitle them to work and live in the U.S. IF they do not commit any crimes for a period of 5 years from receipt of their green card, they will be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. They will also be able to apply to bring in immediate family members. The borders are deemed to be fully secured with over 400,000 24/7/365 full-time border patrol agents until a triple wall is built. Furthermore, all employers are required to use eVerify and willingly hiring anyone who provides false documents, subjects the employer to a $10,000 fine per employee and up to 3 months in jail per incident. No children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens will be granted automatic citizenship and those over the age of 21 who've already received U.S. citizenship as anchor children will become financially responsible for the welfare of their relatives who are legally applying for permanent residency.

Photo source: Flickr.com

2nd Scenario -

Photo source: latinamericanstudies.org - Mexicans being deported in 1931
    Nov 1, 2010, an official announcement is made on national TV that ALL people who have lived in the U.S. illegally for the last 25 years will have 90 days to exit the country, otherwise, they will be detained, tried and deported if unable to prove legal status and all their possessions will be confiscated, auctioned and all proceeds allocated to their state of current residency. Scores of buses and ships s will be on the coast of California and Florida ready to transport masses of illegal immigrants to their countries of origin. The deportation would be humane; everyone would be fed, clothed and even given $1500 each to start a new life back in their home countries, courtesy of U.S. taxpayers. Tens of thousands of citizen volunteers would help with the process to make sure exit is successful over a period of 12 months. All borders will be secured and entrance into the United States without proper documents will not be tolerated. Illegals making more than $35,000 per year will be responsible for their own exit expenses. Mexico's fiery protests will be ignored. Anyone protesting, causing or participating in street riots or involved in any acts of violence against the deportation enforcement will be arrested and/or deported as first priority. Anyone aiding and abetting or interfering with deportation operations would face the same fate, whether it be churches, private individuals or businesses. Marshall Law strictly enforced. Could Americans really support mass deportations of men, women and children and not feel sad or guilty about it?

#3rd Scenario -

Photo source: debateitout.com - illegal immigrants
    Nothing is done. Individual states might mirror Arizona's law and the debate continues on for another 20 years until a new generation, grown used to illegals everywhere, is completely indifferent about who's illegal and the huge costs associated with illegal immigration, predominantly from Mexico. Eventually, most U.S. cities become colonized by Mexico and legal residency status is simply ignored. Immigration laws are only enforced when serious crimes are committed. Immigration attorneys, businesses, churches, corporations, politicians, special interest groups, chambers of commerce and associations continue to stand by and defend illegal immigration and life goes on as usual, just like it has since 1986.

i can go with option number 2 ....

if its mass deportations vs option 1 or 3 ... well i can live with number 2.... we have nothing to feel guilty about as these people broke our laws ....

Quote Originally Posted by marquis

if its mass deportations vs option 1 or 3 ... well i can live with number 2.... we have nothing to feel guilty about as these people broke our laws ....
    I agree!

BUT I prefer attrition, that's where they leave on their own because we won't give them jobs, loans, homes, rent, food, welfare, free childbirth, schooling, business's, drivers licenses or ANYTHING!!!

Works every time! Look at Arizona and what happened with just a couple of minor changes.

I think the law should be way tougher!

I WOULD give them a free bologna sandwiches, water, and a choice of a ride to the border or a ride to Sheriff Joes Hotel.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by marquis

I agree!

BUT I prefer attrition, that's where they leave on their own because we won't give them jobs, loans, homes, rent, food, welfare, free childbirth, schooling, business's, drivers licenses or ANYTHING!!!

Works every time! Look at Arizona and what happened with just a couple of minor changes.

I think the law should be way tougher!

I WOULD give them a free bologna sandwiches, water, and a choice of a ride to the border or a ride to Sheriff Joes Hotel.
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you think U.S. employers are going to go for that? Attrition seems to be the right answer to solve the problem. However, do you think they'd just leave without causing any damage? If you were them, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by legalalien
    Do you think U.S. employers are going to go for that? Attrition seems to be the right answer to solve the problem. However, do you think they'd just leave without causing any damage? If you were them, would you?
    i also think that attrition is the right answer as well ....

if i was an illegal immigrant and was slowly being forced out , i might very well turn to crime ... if i'm faced with the prospect of returning to my home country where there are no jobs and i'd be going home flat broke ( and there's no welafre back home , no food stamps and people don't just give you free stuff to help you survive )... well it might not be such a bad idea to rob a few banks on my way home ....

The scenario we have now called "wink and nod" immigration, was developed in the 1980's between tycoons and a "friendly" government. It is all about money for the few while the many suffer, but remember we the many have the vote.

The wink is in passing "strong" immigration laws that have lots of don'ts: don't hire illegals, don't break and enter the United States, don't stay in the United States without official permission, don't break the law..don't...don't...don't The wink is to keep "the peasants" fooled into thinking all is well...

The nod is from the government's enforcement arm as in we don't: we don't find employers who violate illegal alien laws, we don't stop illegal aliens from breaking and entering, we don't deport illegal aliens instead we drag our feet and have media events where we bust a few for "show," we don't take the immigration laws seriously instead we give illegal aliens HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in welfare and free schooling and medical care, we don't fine or imprison any employer found to be hiring illegal aliens instead we slap they on the hand and at most fine them $1,000 which we rarely collect...

Fact is most members of Congress and members of the Obama Administration use illegal aliens as housekeepers and yard keepers or in their vineyards and agribusinesses and sweatshops just like their tycoon pals. Fact is illegal aliens are intentionally used by government and tycoons to keep a certain number of American citizens unemployed, and most others with lower wages. Google "trickle down," supply side economics and you will see. Ronald Reagan claimed that a capitalist economy must keep 4% or more of the population unemployed to prevent inflation, and this belief is commonly held by many economists.

OPPOSE H.R 4321, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity Act of 2009, or the CIR ASAP Act. I oppose Illegal aliens (undocumented immigrants) coming out of the shadows, becoming legal, and integrating into our society - or any other path to citizenship or amnesty. Oppose uniting illegal alien families and ensuring that our country has an more foreign workers in our workforce now and in the future through visa reforms including without limitation to amnesty, paths to citizenship, guest workers permits, or any other foreign worker permits or allowed immigration. Our nation is in a serious depression with our U6 (all unemployed) level being 17% -- American citizens need jobs NOW. OPPOSE any "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens, guest worker permits, amnesty for illegal aliens and their employers, chain migration, incentives for illegal aliens like licenses and welfare and lax enforcement and citizenship, chain migration, any anchor baby citizenship, dual citizenship or dual allegiance of any American citizen, offshoring of jobs, NAFTA.

SUPPORT truly secure borders, aggressively enforcing Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code and other immigration laws, aggressively seeking out and finding and giving HIGH fines and felony prison time to ANY employer of illegal aliens, checking citizenship status in ALL law enforcement activities and deporting illegal aliens discovered, placing high tariffs on nations using wage-slave labor like China, and giving JOBS and HELP for the 17% U6 American Voters without full time employment. I support rule of law, enforcement of all laws equally. I support protecting America. I support JOBS FOR AMERICAN CITIZENS. I support helping UNEMPLOYED AMERICAN CITIZENS with all the help they need for as long as they need it!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB
    Ronald Reagan claimed that a capitalist economy must keep 4% or more of the population unemployed to prevent inflation, and this belief is commonly held by many economists.
    Even if that is true, unemployment is now at five times that 4% level!! Why do we have the other 16% unemployment? Blind greed, corruption, and power (one world government) among politicians who care nothing of the Americans who elected them and pay them!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is $money$ the real answer for patronizing illegal immigration from Mexico?
    The whole thing just doesn't make much sense. [/b]

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican

Universal E-Verify - workplace and welfare office - would do the trick.

When Eisenhower deported illegals, he had them taken deep into Mexico. No overnight stays and sneaking back in. Universal E-Verify would probably accomplish the same thing, but busing them deep into their own country would send a stronger message to anybody thinking about entering our country illegally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast