Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'd prefer not to see Mitt Romney get mixed up into anything with McCain. It would not be good for him or us, in my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The lesser of two evils is still evil. One minute with McCain in power as the head of the executive branch, put their by American votes is an absolute compromise to our ideas. To vote for McCain because of a vp is a slap in the face to yourself.

Besides your argument that "something must be wrong with him" as a stimulus for his recieving a vote is gorunded on some sort of speculation that he may die in office and the vp would take over. That is not only lacking a serious and proper technical point of logic-evidence of terminal illness-it is so illogical it is insulting. But an even greater point is that to entertain voting for someone, denying their record of past abuse and anti-American behavior, poor record of tenure and rampant corruption, to simply vote for them anyway because they may die and a vp he picks could take over is so absolutely ridiculous I am now dumber for having read it. How could that idea even enter into the plausible for creating something positive?

In my very humble opinion, there should be absolutely no consideration given to McCain unless it is in the realm of dealing with tyranny. Nothing he can do will or say will ever take away what he has done. He is a criminal and a sociopathic child. He could kill me and I am very sure that my corpse would go on resisting him. I don't want his brainwashed communist propaganda anywhere near my white house.

McCain can tie up with anyone he wants but he will never be elected president.

I also agree with some of the other posters. IMO, McCain is mentally ill.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It doesn't matter who he chooses for VP...he is pro-amnesty, and as co-author of the comprehensive immigration reform bills, he is pro-SPP/NAU!

Personally, I think we need to just sit tight and catch our breath for the moment.

McCain is sooooo disrespectful to us the American Citizen who he wants votes from how do you think he would treat Romney if he was VP.

No I'll write Mitt in on the ballot and let the chips fall where they may.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    I just saw Newt on O'Reilly and he said unless something on the Repub side seriously changes in the next few months , we are going to lose
    My husband and I watched that, too, and I heard Newt say that if McCain wins the election he should appoint Romney head of the RNC. He's the second person---Bill Bennett was the other-- in the last two days who has said that.

I really can't see him picking Romney as VP, even for political expediency. I'm doubtful he could rise above his scorn for Romney. If he did offer him the position he'd probably be a tyrant, and Romney would end up having to compromise himself to survive. I just don't picture Romney functioning well in a submissive role--he seems to be a natural leader. When the illegal immigration issue finally came back around, what, if any, leverage would Romney have? I'd worry that he'd have to moderate his stance and wouldn't be in a position to advocate for us. We'd be left feeling very disillusioned with him. I don't see McCain taking counsel well, or wanting to compromise his cherished, but horribly misguided, ideas. I think it would be better for Romney to accept a position such as RNC chairman, which would showcase him at his best, and he could run again in 2012. By then he'd probably have succeeded in uniting the party, and would be in a much stronger position to win the Presidential nomination. I still want to see him in the White House, just not as an appendage to McCain. I think McCain would drag him down and destroy his spirit. If McCain does ask him to be a part of his administration, better it's a Cabinet position. That way, we wouldn't have to struggle with the choice of voting or not voting for a McCain-Romney ticket.

I doubt Romney would even accept the position of McCain's vice presidency. This campaign and debates highlighted McCain's animosity and belligerent tactics, and I'm positive that Romney was personally offended and disgusted by it; especially given the lies about Romney's call for timetable in Iraq.

Just watching Romney's expression during the debates is indicative of Romney's aversion to McCain and his bullying tactics.

As much as we'd like to have Romney in some position of executive authority, I doubt that Romney would personally consider serving in McCain's Administration, if he is compelled to compromise much of his ideals and characteristics just for the sake of presenting a unified front behind the President of the United States.

I mean lets look at Colin Powell's tenure as Secretary of State. He was probably the only moderate voice calling for diplomacy instead of conflict in the months leading up to the war in Iraq. Yet every time Bush presented a major policy shift or decision towards engagement, Powell got behind him like a good Cabinet Member.

Additionally, I don't think a Romney ticket will help McCain win the presidency, considering Romney's lack of appeal in a majority of the country. Romney has appeal in only the Western states and Massachusetts and nowhere else. Maybe conservatives in the South would possibly vote for him seeing that Romney is a relatively (emphasis on relatively) more conservative candidate than McCain.

But on the other hand Southern voters are famously religious voters and Romney is a Mormon. Even if he tries to downplay it, its still there and Southern Christians are not comfortable with that. I'm positive that their desire for a relatively more conservative candidate does not trump their aversion to a Mormon in the White House.

I fear that Southern Republicans will just vote for Obama as has happened on Super Tuesday. Remember, many of the Southern states don't require their voters to register by party affiliation.

I agree with Chosen. Move on to another strategy already. Do not vote for McCain. He almost destroyed eveything our movement has done. Let it rest.

Welcome, Patriot-in-Hiding!

I agree with you----I don't think Romney would accept such a position, either. I think he wants to stay in party politics, but on his own terms. I see him in nothing but a leadership position.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast