Thread: I Have An Idea

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Have An Idea

I'm beginning to think the only way we can win this thing, is to beat them at their own game. Think about this for a minute.

If this immigration bill passes the Senate, Speaker Pelosi said that she will only bring it up in the House if it passes with at least 70 votes. First of all that's going to be a stretch for the Senate to get that many votes, but they might be able to pull it off. Personally, I think all of this rhetoric we're hearing about it possibly passing the Senate has more smoke than fire to keep the Hispanic crowd calmed down, but let's assume they can.

Having said that, although Harry Reid would love to see all the illegals get legal status, he would like to stick it to Bush even more. Both Harry and Nancy have made no secret about how they feel about Bush. Requiring 70 votes is Nancy's way of making it harder for Bush to obtain his goal without making herself look like the villian if this bill doesn't pass. Kind of the same game Reid has been playing, if you've noticed.

So, I believe Nancy would just love a good excuse to say no thank-you to accepting this bill in the House. But she needs a good reason. I think we should give her one..

First of all she needs to be sent Jeff Sessions 20 loopholes. Then she needs to get her mailbox filled up with complaints and give her a little taste of what she's letting herself in for if this thing passes the Senate. All it would take is about a week of straight letters and calls. One each from all of us once a day for a week or until she hollers uncle. Firm, yet polite letters so she doesn't think we're all just a racist bunch, to let her know why this bill is not good for the country. If we let the word out, I'm sure other groups would help out. I'm sure she knows by now how unhappy the people are, but I don't think she quite knows the extent of it. She already knows it's going to be tough to get the votes in the House, so if you combine that with the disapproval of the public, it may be enough for her to reject it. Remember, it didn't fly last year in the House because of the amnesty part, and hearing the protest from the people before it evens reaches the House, she may think it would be a waste of time to even debate the issue.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, because to do this would take all of us together. But, what's one more letter and one more call a day.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: I Have An Idea

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I'm beginning to think the only way we can win this thing, is to beat them at their own game. Think about this for a minute.

If this immigration bill passes the Senate, Speaker Pelosi said that she will only bring it up in the House if it passes with at least 70 votes. First of all that's going to be a stretch for the Senate to get that many votes, but they might be able to pull it off. Personally, I think all of this rhetoric we're hearing about it possibly passing the Senate has more smoke than fire to keep the Hispanic crowd calmed down, but let's assume they can.

Having said that, although Harry Reid would love to see all the illegals get legal status, he would like to stick it to Bush even more. Both Harry and Nancy have made no secret about how they feel about Bush. Requiring 70 votes is Nancy's way of making it harder for Bush to obtain his goal without making herself look like the villian if this bill doesn't pass. Kind of the same game Reid has been playing, if you've noticed.

So, I believe Nancy would just love a good excuse to say no thank-you to accepting this bill in the House. But she needs a good reason. I think we should give her one..

First of all she needs to be sent Jeff Sessions 20 loopholes. Then she needs to get her mailbox filled up with complaints and give her a little taste of what she's letting herself in for if this thing passes the Senate. All it would take is about a week of straight letters and calls. One each from all of us once a day for a week or until she hollers uncle. Firm, yet polite letters so she doesn't think we're all just a racist bunch, to let her know why this bill is not good for the country. If we let the word out, I'm sure other groups would help out. I'm sure she knows by now how unhappy the people are, but I don't think she quite knows the extent of it. She already knows it's going to be tough to get the votes in the House, so if you combine that with the disapproval of the public, it may be enough for her to reject it. Remember, it didn't fly last year in the House because of the amnesty part, and hearing the protest from the people before it evens reaches the House, she may think it would be a waste of time to even debate the issue.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, because to do this would take all of us together. But, what's one more letter and one more call a day.
    I think it's an excellent idea, especially if, God forbid, this bill would happen to pass the Senate. I am not able to make calls during the workday but I am able and do continuously send emails and faxes to all in Congress.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

Thank you. I don't think it would be a wasted effort because if this thing does pass the Senate, we would already have a jump on it for the House. And protesting the House is going to be a lot harder because I think there are about 400 or 500 members.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did Pelosi say she would only take this up in the House if it passed the Senate with 70 votes, OR do you mean she wants at least 70 Republicans in the House to approve of this (for bipartisan cover)? I've heard it repeated many times that she wants 70 GOP votes in the House (although recently she said 50-70 GOP House members).

No just 70 votes. There isn't 70 Republican Senators, because the Dems have the majority.

Yes, I know there aren't 70 GOP senators. I want to confirm that Pelosi wants passage in the Senate with 70 votes (from both parties). I haven't heard this. (I have heard she wants 50-70 GOP votes in the House)

No, she said it has to get at least 70 votes in the Senate before she will consider it for the House.

Interesting. Thanks for the info.