Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just a note about those 3 credit reports online - they will ask questions about streets you have lived on, mortgage cos, etc and when I answered all that perfectly it said "sorry - not you!" so I had to call and have them mailed to me. That's when I found out there were addresses and bills that weren't mine, and it still isn't straightened out. I fought the bogus defaults and they said no - that's you! How come I have NEVER had cable here and it says I defaulted on a $400 bill to comcast? Nope - that's me and that's the end of the story. Credit tanking now. Point is, if you go online and someone has ALREADY pulled theft on you, you may not look like yourself any longer. Everyone should check their reports pronto. 3 people already who can't vote? Sounds like the tip of the iceberg that sank the Titanic.

I can tell you without a doubt there is shady stuff going on.
    i am registered republican but every time i vote it has be registered as a dem so i cant vote for my cnadate.
    this happens every time i try.
    i re register and when i show up i am a dem.
    I hate California.

Do what W said. Someone has stolen your I.D.

Actually, the online reports worked this time. The only bad credit is mine. D'Oh!
    Last presidential election, they changed poll places without telling anyone. I (and everyone) had to drive somewhere else. When I got there, the line was around the block, three people wide, and it was already after 6:00pm since I worked that day. I went home and didn't vote.
    The question remains, since I am a registered Democrat for now, what is the most effective way for me to vote? (Assuming I can - now that I'm jobless, I can wait all day! yippee!) I would vote for Paul or Mitt if I could. Thanks guys - I'll be on my way in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonteaparty
    I can tell you without a doubt there is shady stuff going on.
    i am registered republican but every time i vote it has be registered as a dem so i cant vote for my cnadate.
    this happens every time i try.
    i re register and when i show up i am a dem.
    I hate California.
    You should look into this real hard. It sounds like your ID has been stolen also.

Quote Originally Posted by sofedup
    Just a note about those 3 credit reports online - they will ask questions about streets you have lived on, mortgage cos, etc and when I answered all that perfectly it said "sorry - not you!" so I had to call and have them mailed to me. That's when I found out there were addresses and bills that weren't mine, and it still isn't straightened out. I fought the bogus defaults and they said no - that's you! How come I have NEVER had cable here and it says I defaulted on a $400 bill to comcast? Nope - that's me and that's the end of the story. Credit tanking now. Point is, if you go online and someone has ALREADY pulled theft on you, you may not look like yourself any longer. Everyone should check their reports pronto. 3 people already who can't vote? Sounds like the tip of the iceberg that sank the Titanic.
    In a lot of cases it isn't identity theft but the credit agencies getting it wrong. I have a common last name and some other woman's information with the same name appeared on my credit report. It took me forever to clear up. Everyone should check your credit report.

As for the voting thing, treat the poll workers well. They are doing us a favor. It is probably an error and relax this doesn't mean your identity is stolen. Don't worry yourself to death until you know more.

What galls me is how people claimed that e-verify doesn't work because the SS Admin is riddled with errors! That's exactly why it SHOULD be enforced. It seems the only wake-up call some people get that their ID has been stolen is when they go to vote or get a letter from the IRS. Then it is too late. Actually, I 'googled" my own name and found out I was on committees I didn't know about in my neighborhood.
    Anyway, I guess I'll just write in a name on my dem ballot. I don't know who to write in though.

Molly,
    Please follow Williams's advice. DO SO AT ONCE! So far 3 incidents were reported. Just think about all the people who don't bother to report it, or who don't even know that someone else has used their id to vote because they dont show up at the polls.

This needs to be published all over the place. Especially an incident in California, where there is a heavy amount of illegal immigrants who want the AMNESTY VOTE.

p.s. Write Lou Dobbs and tell him your experience!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok first of all I called the register recorder office down in LA (that was the number and location listed for complaints), I don't live close enough to drive there... After a long wait on the phone and talking to a nice lady, I explained what happened...She said that I was listed as a permanent absentee voter...I told her I have voted in some past elections by absentee ballot, but only after I sent in a application each time for every election that I wanted to vote in...She said that a ballot was sent to me this time. I told her I never requested or received a ballot this time...I told her that I wanted to make a written complaint that somebody might be voting in my name, she then said she would gladly take down all my personal information including birthday, address & phone number and make a complaint for me, she acted like she didn't blame me for being concerned....She told me not to worry about someone else voting for me using an absentee ballot. She said all signatures on the absentee ballots are checked before they can be counted. She said the provisional ballot will be counted right away and the absentee ballot signature if someone had stolen it will be matched with my signature.

For all future elections I told her to take my name off the absentee list. Never again will I trust voting this way!

What a mess! My educated friends all agreed that the absentee ballot was more reliable than the machines (tampering) and to go that route. Now that we have paper ballots again, it looks like going to the polls yourself is the best way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast