Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IBEW Union Member: We Don't Support Illegal Immigration

My father has been a union man since 1982 and is a member of the IBEW/AFL-CIO.

Him and my mom decided to surprise me in Dallas last night and were shocked to see the amount of non-english speaking going on. It gave me the opportunity to ask my dad why the AFL-CIO supports illegal aliens and amnesty.

With a shocked look on his face my dad said "There is no good hearted, hard working union man that would support illegal aliens getting legalized" He stopped and looked like he thought that was then. I continued to press.

I asked him why the AFL-CIO's leaders have been critical of ICE raids and even said that they need more illegal aliens in the country. My dad said he thought I was misunderstanding the unions attempts to raise wages.

I rebutted that claim. I told him about how the unions came out after the meat packing raids earlier this year and how wages in the meat packing industry have been plumeting since the early 90's. I used the plant in our hometown and my friends dad as an example.

He was stumped. Finally after a few minutes of thinking my dad said "Son, I think I need to start talking to the union guys because none of us would support such nonsense and it's time we get those crooked leaders out".

IBEW Union Member

We need to get union members, particulalrly those in "Change to Win' coalition (UBC, SEIU, Teamsters, UFCW, AFSCME, ) together with AFL CIO, to stop all of this. These union leaders are looking for members anywhere they can get them. They're not looking to the working man's future when jobs become hard to get.

I have another post: "Calling Union Construction Workers". Can you have your father contact me or act as a liasion? I have been threatened not only by carpenter radicals but also by IBEW radicals.

The voice of organized labor is very influential with the Democratic Party. We can make it through this crisis--and hopefully make a brighter future for Americans.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i plan on letting him know about this site. he is currently vacationing somewhere in the southeast (i think Louisiana by now) but should be home in a week.

he asked that i email him everything i had on the AFL-CIO's pushing illegal immigration and amnesty.

IBEW

I think the best strategy right now is to get through to Senators. If they do pass SB1348(shudder) it should still have a stiffer fight in the House. I think potential "swing voters" in both Houses should be callled more vigorously. The next (defensive) line of hope is in State legislatures.

There a lot of communication ideas on this board.....!!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good job Dragons5! Seeing is believing and I am glad your father saw the reality of the problem as well as you driving it home to him! Hopefully it will solidify hard enough in him that he can really make an impact in his circle of influence within his union!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

I saw a spokeswoman for AFL-CIO being questioned on C-Span.
    Her spin was that all workers need to be protected and if all workers are protected, then American workers are better protected...or some such nonesense!
    The Audience calling in were having none of it!

the email i sent my father:

Here are a couple quotes for ya:
    http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/afl_cio.htm
    [quote]“…the AFL-CIO vote to support President Bush’s amnesty plan. For the first time in its 46-year history, the federation adopted amnesty as its official policy.â€

MW
    Wow, you certainly did your homework, dragon5. Excellent job!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

yes great job!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

The question that needs to be posed to this "leaders" is what will happen when the 20 million then demand that 100 million be allowed in? What will that do to wages?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast