Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE Mission statement.

In looking at the ICE mission statement I could see nothing that applied to enforcement of immigration laws that did not involve the threat of terror.

1. Correct me if Im wrong.

2. If someone knows, how would the public have input on the ICE mission statement
    AMERICAN WORKERS FIRST -- A RAID A DAY KEEPS THE ILLEGALS AWAY

YOU CAN GO TO THE PART OF THEIR SITE THAT SAYS "ABOUT US" HERE IS THE LINK AND THE BODY OF THEIR MISSION STATEMENT. AND IT DOES INCLUDE IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT. THEY ARE THE IMMIGRATION AND CUSTOMS ENFORCEMENT. THAT IS WHAT I C E STANDS FOR. HERE IS THE LINK. AND IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT THEM JUST GO TO THEIR HOME PAGE A CLICK ON "CONTACT US". HERES THE LINK.

http://www.ice.gov/about/index.htm

About UsCreated in March 2003, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is the largest investigative branch of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The agency was created after 9/11, by combining the law enforcement arms of the former Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) and the former U.S. Customs Service, to more effectively enforce our immigration and customs laws and to protect the United States against terrorist attacks. ICE does this by targeting illegal immigrants: the people, money and materials that support terrorism and other criminal activities. ICE is a key component of the DHS “layered defenseâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you redponey. I do remember seeing that but thought that they were targeting mostly criminal illegals in there mission. Would like to help them buff it up to raise the priority on non illegal.

As far as contact I think it would be great if many contacted them but I was wondering if there were other types of formal public input.

Here in Denver they tell local lea's they are too busy fighting terrorism to pick up illegal ailens in local jails. My next question would we be able to get quntified evidence of the attempts to fight terrorism?

Again thanks

WELL ICE DOES GO TO WORK SITES AND BUST ILLEGALS THERE. THINK THEY GO TO WHERE THEY CAN GET THE MOST IN ONE PLACE. DIDNT ICE BUST THE SWIFT PLANT? THINK THEY DID. AND BUSTED QUITE A FEW.

THEY GO AFTER THE CRIMINAL TYPES FIRST AND THEY COME ACROSS OTHER ILLEGALS IN THE PROCESS. BUT IT MAKES SENSE TO GO AFTER THE CRIMINAL TYPES FIRST BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS.

IF YOU GO TO THEIR SITE AND CLICK SOME OF THE LINKS YOU CAN GET SOME INFO ON SOME OF THEIR ACTIVITIES. THEY EVEN HAVE A MOST WANTED LIST.

BUT AS FAR AS HAVING STATISTICS ON WHAT THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR I DONT KNOW WHERE THAT IS AVAILABLE, OR IF IT IS AVAILABLE. BUT IF YOU ASK THEM, THEY MAY TELL YOU OR MAKE THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mission statements are rewritten by the senior staff everytime a new staff is appointed. They are really just words on paper and mean very little. They change them at a drop of the hat.

It appears I have some work to do hear to figure this out. Anyone with more info let me know.

When I worked for a school district I remember the mission statement was the driving force in setting goals and priorities. My thinking is if we can shift priorities through the mission statement we can call them on their actions both in public and in the courtst.

The hard part is do you say no to things already in there? If those things are just, are they using resources efficiently. If they are and there is not enough for enforcement they are right. If they are not then there are other agencies of the government and funding by the legislature the cause change.

If as stated above the mission statement is not taken seriously we need to make sure it is.

Let me know what you guys think.