Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho Larry LoRocco On The Issues

What issue is missing here?

Larry LaRocco for Senate Announcement Statement
    April 11, 2007

Hello.

I am Larry LaRocco

I believe we need to take our country in a new direction—a new direction based on the core Idaho values of independence, accountability, and responsibility.

Too many Idahoans today have no voice in Washington, and nobody is looking out for their interests. I will give them a voice. I will champion their interests.

Public service has always been an important part of my life as a veteran who served during the Vietnam War as a staffer to Idaho Senator Frank Church—and as a member of the United States Congress.

For far too long, our government in Washington has not been accountable—to anybody. For far too long Congress has failed to provide the checks and balances that our sacred Constitution requires. As our huge budget deficits show, the status quo is unacceptable.

Idahoans deserve better. We need to unlock the partisan gridlock in Washington and work across party lines for all Idahoans.

That’s why today I am pleased and proud to announce my candidacy for the United States Senate from Idaho.

What are the new directions we can take together?

Health Care

More than 250,000 Idahoans don’t have health insurance and 80% of them work. Health care costs are outpacing the rate of inflation.

As a small business owner, I know that small businesses are the backbone of Idaho and our nation. I support a small business purchasing plan that allows self-employed or small business owners to buy health insurance with other small business owners across the country. Small businesses should be allowed to combine their purchasing power and enter into national insurance pools like larger corporations and unions.

Iraq

We need to change direction in Iraq. The war just entered its fifth year—longer than World War II.

I oppose the President's recent escalation of the war in Iraq. He chose a policy of division rather than a policy of unity. We must get on the path of a responsible withdrawal of our troops and rebuild our military with adequate equipment and training. I support the work of the bi-partisan Iraq Study Group.

Education

As a parent and as the husband of a teacher, I know we need to chart a new direction in education for our next generation of leaders. The United States’ leadership role in the global economy demands it. We need to reduce the high school drop-out rate, provide for pre-K education and expand low interest loans and grants to help students and families deal with the exploding cost of college tuition. An increased investment in our youth will give us the best return on our investment. A strong economy demands this commitment to education and training.

Veterans

Our brave veterans have been treated as an afterthought. As a veteran and Idahoan, I know we need a new direction. This is not the time to take a rest or hunker down in the “minorityâ€
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    tinybobidaho wrote:
    What issue is missing here?
    Immigration!?!

I'm hoping there will be a Republican challenger in the primary!