Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Idaho student says teacher tossed his Mexican flag in trash

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080507/ap_ ... g_incident

They support mexico over america. This is the new agenda, the new america. It will become corrupt and third world just like mexico is now. It won't change.
    The teachers say "alot of fights". Hmmm. Why isn't this being reported? yet, they report some kid who can't speak english well as the victim.

TWIN FALLS, Idaho - A high school student says he may file a lawsuit against a physical education teacher who took a Mexican flag he had brought for Cinco de Mayo and put it in the garbage.

Clint Straatman denies Froylan Camelo's version of events but said he took the flag Monday because "white kids" might have hurt the 16-year-old. He said he put it in a garbage can because he had no place else to keep it.

Camelo said he was changing into gym clothes at Minico High School in Rupert when Straatman told him, "Give me the flag."

"I said, 'What's the problem?'" Camelo, speaking in Spanish, told The Times-News of Twin Falls. "He said, 'The problem is that we are in the United States and not in Mexico.' He grabbed it from me. He threw the flag in the garbage can."

Camelo said that Straatman told him the flag would be returned at the end of the school day, but that Straatman taunted him instead.

"I asked, 'Where is my flag?'" Camelo said. "He said, 'What, the U.S. flag?' I said, 'No, the one for Mexico.' But he wouldn't give it to me."

Camelo said he then took the undamaged flag out of the garbage. He said he's been contacted by the American Civil Liberties Union and is considering a lawsuit against Straatman.

Camelo and others brought Mexican flags to the south-central Idaho school to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, the May 5 recognition of Mexico's victory over the French army on that day in 1862. About a third of the student body is Hispanic.

Straatman denied saying the words Camelo attributed to him, and said the student may have misunderstood him because of his poor English skills. He said he took the flag from Camelo after Camelo had been waving it in the school gym, and denied withholding it later.

"I had to confiscate it so it wouldn't escalate any problems in class," Straatman told The Times-News. "We're worried about that stuff all the time. We always have kids saying stuff to each other, and we have a lot of fights between kids."

Scott Rogers, superintendent of the Minidoka County Joint School District, said an investigation has been started. He said he could not comment specifically about personnel decisions.

"We believe in nondiscriminatory practices and cultural sensitivity," he said. "We train for that and talk about that. If there is a teacher making derogatory comments we don't approve of that. We also don't approve of a student disrupting the classroom."

Rogers said he was at the school early Wednesday and that the school was quiet. He said he noticed a few students wearing clothing in the colors of the Mexican flag — red, white and green — in protest of Monday's incident.

Children of Illegals starting trouble in Utah

Sounds like Utah has a crappy government like Maine does. They were good to the illegals and now they are paying for it.
    http://www.ufire.net/

UFIRE is an organization made up of citizens from all walks of life who are concerned about Utah's laws rewarding illegal immigration.
    - We Support the rule of law -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 31, 2008: UFIRE joins with like-minded groups to create the Utah Coalition on Illegal Immigration.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can click on the link to the left to download the press release. (Acrobat reader is required)

Utah 2008 Legislative Session began on January 21, 2008

Once again the State of Utah has a chance to end some of the pro illegal-alien policies which attract growing numbers of illegal aliens to the state. UFIRE has identified several proposed bills of Interest that we will be tracking throughout the legislative session. We are looking for average citizens to become involved with us and lobby our elected leaders to finally take action. If you are interested in lending your voice, please sign up as a volunteer, or at least subscribe to our UFIRE talk newsgroup, where you can receive valuable information about upcoming meetings and rallies.

You can access the volunteer form at this link to signup.
    Join UFIRE Talk an email forum, with current Utah information - send an Email to ufiretalk-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

2008 Bills of Interest
    House Bills

HB095 "Document Fraud" This bill creates a Document Fraud - Identity Theft Unit within the Attorney General's office to investigate, apprehend, and prosecute individuals and entities involved with identity theft or identity fraud.

HB098 "Utah Employment Verification Act" This bill modifies provisions of the Labor Code in General to require certain emloyers to participate in a Federal program to verify the employment eligibility of employees.

HB151 "Motor Vehicle Revisions" This bill modifies the Motof Vehicle Code by amending provisions relating to the removal and impoundment of a vehicle (that is not properly insured).

HB237 "Illegal Immigration Enforcement Act" This bill modifies the Public Safety Code by providing for the enforcement of federal immigration laws by certain state or local law enforcement officers.

HB239 "Driver License Qualifications" This bill modifies the Public Safety Code by amending driver license provisions (it gets rid of the Driving Privilege card for illegal aliens)

HB241 "Repeal of Exemptions from Nonresident Tuition" This bill modifies eligibility criteria for an exmption from the nonresident portion of total tuition at a state institution of higher education (making illegal aliens ineligible)

HB262 "Recovery of Federal Reimbursement for Costs Associated with Illegal Immigration" This bill directs the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel to complete a study of all available remedies the state may have in seeking reimbursements from the federal government for costs incurred by the state resulting from illegal immigration.

HB302 "Citizenship Determination of Incarcerated Individuals"This bill enacts provisions related to determining the citizenship of an incarcerated person by a law enforcement agency to assist a court in deciding whether the individual may not be admitted to bail.

Senate Bills

SB52 "Identity Theft Amendment"This billmodifies the Criminal Code regarding the crime of identity theft

SB81 "Illegal Immigration"This bill deals with provisions related to the immigration status of individuals within the state.

SB97 "Immigration Task Force" This bill create the Immigration Task Force (to endlessly study immigration and not take any action, UFIRE strongly opposes this bill)

We are working to modify or repeal five laws within the state of Utah:

Prohibit Illegal Aliens from legally obtaining a valid Utah Driver License.
    Add safeguards to "Motor Voter", which is a law that can be easily exploited by illegal aliens to register to vote in Utah.
    Prohibit in-state tuition benefits for illegal aliens.
    Prohibit acceptance of Foreign Consulate Identification Cards by all State controlled agencies.
    Prohibit local sanctuary policies in Utah Cities and encourage local and state law enforcement to cooperate with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Department and the Department of Homeland Security.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

i guess

I guess an American kid can't defend his country against invasion. This is pretty sick, because this is what it comes down to. If REAL (Non anchor baby) Americans, teachers or students can't defend themselves against this, the situation is totally out of control. I guess we already know it is. On the face of = big bad white guy teacher abuses poor brown kid's ethnicity and illegal alien lineage....we are in for trouble if school boards don't get behind our own country, flag and national pride.

These kids sure are coached, aren't they?

If Camelo needed an interpreter to tell his story to a reporter, how was he able to understand what the coach was saying? I don't buy it for a minute!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

i agree

Miguelina

I completely agree, a total manipulation. The illegals are encroaching into every aspect of our lives and Congress does nothing-no political will to stop it.

I'm backing the gym coach . I know his cans in trouble cause the coach didn't kiss the Spanish kids butt by order of the NAU and Mexico . If ya'll don't think my blood doesn't boil with la raza and the aclu running the citizens lives , think again .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

When does the ACLU ever defend an American?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    That's a good question, anyone from ACLU ever answer it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I always tell my son, never get involved with legal problems with illegal aliens. Because they can easily get free racist lawyers, they will fight you using the race card, and they will win.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    That's a good question, anyone from ACLU ever answer it?
    Let's email them and ask!

They say they want to hear from us!
    So lets let them know what we think of them.

Go to the homePage.
    http://www.aclu.org/contact/

I assume, you click on this link.
    *Request Legal Assistance / Find Your Local ACLU Affiliate

*Then click on your state.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast