Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Identifying the Three Million Missing GOP Voters! walked away from GOP elite abusers

It just takes the courage of conviction to principle to walk away from the GOP elite abusers

Identifying the Three Million Missing GOP Voters!

- A.J. Cameron
    Friday, November 9, 2012

In listening to Rush Limbaugh on Thursday, he reported that approximately three million registered Republicans did not vote on Tuesday. He speculated why some Republicans did not vote. The following are insights, based upon emails, comments to my columns, and personal conversations in identifying the three million missing GOP voters.
    Apparently, a majority of the GOP non-voters are believed to be white, although I doubt this makes much difference. The key word for three million Republicans not voting is trust, or, more to the point, the lack thereof.

One segment of the non-voters is the Ron Paul column within the GOP. As enthusiastic as this column of voters is for Ron Paul, they were equally distraught at perceived and/or actual voting fraud employed during the primary.

Actually, Ron Paul supporters are not the only ones who believe Democrat-style shenanigans took place during the primary.

The GOP elite forced Romney upon the party just as the Democrats forced ObamaCare upon the entire nation (minus the President, VP, members of Congress, the HHS Secretary and 1,700 businesses and organizations that have been granted waivers from this monstrosity).

A related segment of those who balked at voting on Tuesday is the conservative core of the party. They resent being used and abused by the party elites. Not only was Romney ruthless in systematically destroying his competition during the primary campaign, but many of those destroyed were conservatives, or at least more conservative than Romney.

Considering how uncompromising Romney was during the primary campaign, he exhibited remarkable and distressing restraint during the General Election campaign.

Unfortunately, some of those within the GOP couldn’t look past Romney being a Mormon.

There is no reason to belabor this point, but, for some people, this blind spot will always be a reality. They may be Evangelicals, Catholics, mainstream Christians, Jews, even non-believers.

Adding to the insults and abuses from the GOP elites was their power play at the convention. The rule changes that were rammed through were designed to crush the Conservatives and Libertarians within the party. I spoke with someone who attended the convention, and he still sports the emotional scars from the abuse by the elites at the convention. Being elephants (the GOP mascot), Conservatives and Libertarians have long memories. Maybe, one day, the elites will realize they need to partner with those they despise, lest they will continue to lose the White House.

One block of non-voters that doesn’t receive the attention it deserves is the block comprised of ‘birthers.’ Just as Hillary Clinton raised the specter of Obama not being eligible for the Office of the Presidency, there is a block within the GOP that believes Romney was not eligible to run for President. Three of the leading names that are always touted as possible Presidential or VP candidates in future elections who elicit the enmity of this block of voters are Marco Rubio, Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley. There may be others, and until this issue is addressed regarding these potential candidates to the satisfaction of this block of voters, this block will not support the GOP candidate for President.

Several Conservative pundits have posited that the GOP needs to be more inclusive. The elites within the GOP might secure their base, being inclusive of the Conservative/TEA Party contingent of the GOP, prior to venturing outside of the party!

Boehner and McConnell have ignored and/or abused this spirited and principled segment of the GOP.

Boehner and McConnell have denied committee positions for any who chose to honor their campaign promises over blind devotion to Party leadership, akin to how Obama abuses anyone who dares to buck his thuggery. These two ‘leaders’ have more in common with Democrats than they have with those who are responsible for their leadership positions.

How many are like me, disenfranchised Republicans who refuse to bow to the heavy hand of the Democrat leaders within the GOP?

One issue that I have yet to hear discussed was the horrendous leadership of Reince Priebus and his henchmen. Romney won eleven states in which his coattails didn’t deliver for the GOP Senate candidate. Can this be a two-way street, where those who didn’t vote for the Republican Senate candidate, or didn’t vote at all pulled from potential support for Romney? I live in Kansas, less than five minutes from the state line between Kansas and Missouri. I admit that Mr. Akin made a ghastly gaffe, but, to my way of thinking, there should have been even greater financial support to offset the large imbalance in finances between Mr. Akin and ‘Air Claire’ McCaskill in an effort to unseat her.

Instead, Priebus chose to withhold all support for Mr. Akin, as he did for Representative Michele Bachmann, and Representative Allen West was left to hang by the party elite.

Conservatives do not trust those at the helm of party.

If the GOP elites even think of tinkering with the National Party Platform and issues dear to the Conservatives and Libertarians, the Conservatives and Libertarians will scatter. In fact, they may scatter anyway. Mike Levin even said on his show on Thursday that if the GOP elite don’t start leading and embracing the TEA Party contingent, he would leave the GOP. For a principled voter, to stay within the GOP is akin to a spouse remaining with an abusive spouse. It just takes the courage of conviction to principle to walk away from the GOP elite abusers.

You should see the emails I have received regarding the prospect of a third party to offer a genuine alternative to the criminal minds that infest the District of Corruption in Washington and the concerns about eligibility of those being posited as possible Presidential candidates in 2016. The GOP elites have a decision to make; either they embrace their core and lead, or suffer the abandonment of the core of the party.

As an aside to the disgust of the party core towards the party leadership, did Boehner exhibit his propensity to cave to the Democrats again on Thursday? Boehner expressed his intention to negotiate with Obama, Pelosi and Reid. Democrats do not negotiate; they take! When will he learn this simple fact?

Additionally, when he was asked about endeavoring to repeal ObamaCare, he responded saying that it is law, so he may look at repealing aspects of it, but his efforts would be limited to that. This must be the elite party line, because my Representative made a similar comment while being interviewed by our local conservative radio talk show host.

Isn’t this rich? Both of them are exempt from this grievous assault upon our freedoms and finances, but their constituencies are stuck with it, and our gutless Republicans will make only a token attempt to placate the proletariat on this grave issue. Trust is the issue at hand within the GOP. What will the elites do to earn the trust of those they need to retain their positions and build upon the strengths within the party?

Assuming the conservative core doesn’t bolt from the GOP, the GOP elite need to determine what is more important, ramming their agenda upon a resistant core with candidates who may not be eligible, or winning the White House.

Otherwise, our nation will be subjected to a Clinton or Biden regime, presuming Obama doesn’t pull a Bloomberg! Considering that there are more registered Democrat than Republican voters, the GOP cannot afford a protest vote or non-vote by those within its core.

Identifying the Three Million Missing GOP Voters!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Be Bold ... Be Strong ... Be Brave!

Posted by Katie Baker on November 10, 2012 at 5:16am in General, Town Hall

http://api.ning.com/files/QQ2YalSCUe...trickHenry.jpg

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." --Patrick Henry, speech in the Virginia Convention, 1775
    Never before in our history have we more needed to hear these words of encouragement. Many are discouraged after the re-election of Barak Obama to the presidency of our once great nation.

I sought for the greatness and genius of America in her commodious harbors and her ample rivers - and it was not there . . . in her fertile fields and boundless forests and it was not there . . . in her rich mines and her vast world commerc - and it was not there . . . in her democratic Congress and her matchless Constitution - and it was not there. Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power.

America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great.
    Although the above has been attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America, and the authorship has been questioned, these words of wisdom still very much apply to today’s society. By re-electing Barak Obama America has ceased to be good, therefore, she has ceased to be great.

The LORD warned in Isaiah 5:20:

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter.
    It is incumbent upon each of us, when all is said and done, to be able to say, along with St. Paul:
    I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
    II Timothy 4:7

Be Bold ... Be Strong ... Be Brave! - Patriot Action Network

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 11-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)