Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: If DACA Isn’t Settled in 6 Months, ‘It Will Be a Civil War’

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If DACA Isn’t Settled in 6 Months, ‘It Will Be a Civil War’

Steve Bannon: If DACA Isn’t Settled in 6 Months, ‘It Will Be a Civil War’

By Joe Lapointe09/11/17 9:11am

Steve Bannon speaks to Charlie Rose on ’60 Minutes’ CBS / 60 Minutes

Steve Bannon wore a black suit jacket, a shiny black shirt and a big chip on his big shoulder. He spoke in his tough-guy way with Charlie Rose on 60 Minutes Sunday night about the Dreamers who hope to become Americans after growing up here and behaving like ideal citizens of the United States.

“As the work permits run out, they self-deport,’ Bannon said.

“There’s no path to citizenship. No path to a green card. And no amnesty. Amnesty is not negotiable.”

Bannon’s appearance on CBS was his first television interview since he flamed outin August as the chief strategist in the White House for amateur President Donald Trump. After helping Trump fall to 33 percent approval in some polls, Bannon returned to Breitbart News to push reactionary propaganda to further assist Trump.

“Our purpose is to support Donald Trump,” he said of his website, which traffics in racism, bigotry and fear of foreigners—the sort of stuff that helped get Trump elected when Bannon ran his campaign.

Allegedly a Catholic, Bannon said he didn’t care if the Catholic bishops and cardinals opposed Trump for rescinding the Delayed Action / Childhood Arrival (DACA) program that affects vulnerable people, many of Mexican descent.

Trump said last week he will destroy that humanitarian policy set in place by President Barack Obama unless the Republican-infested Congress comes up with a new law in six months. Bannon says his church should stay out of it.

“The bishops have been terrible,” Bannon said. “They need illegal aliens to fill the churches . . . They have an economic interest in unlimited immigration, unlimited illegal immigration.”

And Bannon said he doesn’t worry about what foes in the media think of him because he doesn’t care “to be lectured by a bunch of limousine liberals.” He despises them, too.

“I don’t need the affirmation of the mainstream media,” Bannon said. “I don’t care what they say. They can call me an anti-Semite. They can call me a nativist. They can call me anything you want. OK?”

Bannon—an anti-Semite and a nativist—has an interesting face for television. His eyes are blue and the top of his left cheek kept twitching as if he were clenching his jaw while Rose spoke. Bannon showed a slight whisker stubble on his considerable jowls.

He said if the DACA / Dreamers matter isn’t settled in the six months, “it will be a civil war within the Republican Party that will be every bit as vitriolic as 2013.”

And this is a man who knows vitriol. Speaking further of Republicans, he attacked the experts in the administration of President George W. Bush, sarcastically, as “geniuses” for their foreign policy mistakes still problematic today.

“I hold those people in contempt,” said Bannon, an expert in contempt. “Total and complete . . . They’re idiots . . . They got us in this situation and they question a good man like Donald Trump.”

He said he proudly defended Trump—he said he’s the only one who would!—after Trump praised people who marched and chanted alongside neo-Nazis and neo-Confederates at a white supremacist hate rally last month in Charlottesville, Va., that left one woman dead.

Bannon’s like that, the loyal type. He also bragged that he defended Trump even last fall, right before the election, when an audio tape surfaced in which Trump bragged about greeting strange women by grabbing them by the crotch.

Immediately after that, Bannon said he told Trump “You have a 100 percent probability of winning” over Hillary Clinton. And Bannon was right. Trump’s fearful and angry supporters, whipped up by Bannon, supported Trump through that scandal and still support him no matter what he says or does to embarrass himself or his nation.

They share the same scapegoats: Mexicans, Muslims and the media.

Trump’s words about women, Bannon said, were simply “locker room talk.”

(A digression here. As someone who covered sports for 35 years, I never—not once—heard any man in any locker room ever discuss women the way Trump did. And as someone who has been a member of a dozen health clubs, I’ve never heard men talk like that in those locker rooms either).

Bannon said New Jersey’s Governor Chris Christie, a prominent Trump fluffer during the campaign, lost his chance to be in the cabinet because he didn’t respond with support after Trump’s crotch-grabbing braggadocio.

As for the investigation of Russian espionage to distort the U.S. election—and its possible confluence with the Trump campaign—Bannon said “There’s nothing to the Russia investigation. It’s a waste of time . . . It’s a total and complete farce.”

HAND ME THE REMOTE . . .

Reports on the weekend—still not confirmed—said Eric Bolling’s son died due to suicide in Colorado on Friday after his father was fired by Fox News Channel following yet another sexual harassment scandal at that network . . .

Most of the regular Sunday shows were truncated or canceled by coverage of Hurricane Irma. One that made air was State of the Union on CNN. Host Jake Tapper interviewed Arizona Republican Senator John McCain, who is suffering from brain cancer but looking only a little thin and pale after chemo and radiation treatment.

“I’m just fine,” McCain told Tapper. “Every life has to end one way or the other . . . Got to have joy! Joy!”

Tapper told McCain he hoped this wasn’t their last interview and ask him how he wants to be remembered. “He served his country,” said McCain, a former Navy flier who served time in a prison camp during the Vietnam war . . .

http://observer.com/2017/09/steve-ba...bs-60-minutes/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hey Bannon, DACA is settled. It's over. I guess you missed the memo. Is Congress going to work on a Dream Act? I'm sure the DEMS will try, but I don't think Republicans are going to pass an amnesty of any kind for anyone. In fact I don't even think they want to have a hearing on one. I wouldn't if I were them. It would be televised for sure. And everyone would be watching ......
    Last edited by Judy; 09-11-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

“With the measures the Department is putting in place today, no current beneficiaries will be impacted before March 5, 2018, nearly six months from now, so Congress can have time to deliver on appropriate legislative solutions. However, I want to be clear that no new initial requests or associated applications filed after today will be acted on.”

@ 2 YEAR EXTENSION FOR DACA
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I would never, ever say the republicans won't vote to keep them. They have been voting, working, encouraging, and supporting the illegals for decades.

Why would they change now?

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Hey Bannon, DACA is settled. It's over. I guess you missed the memo. Is Congress going to work on a Dream Act? I'm sure the DEMS will try, but I don't think Republicans are going to pass an amnesty of any kind for anyone. In fact I don't even think they want to have a hearing on one. I wouldn't if I were them. It would be televised for sure. And everyone would be watching ......
    I guess we all missed the memo. In my opinion, DACA is not settled until not a single person is enrolled in the program (March 2020). For others, the DACA program isn't settled until March 2018 when the last 2 year extension is approved. Either way DACA still exist. Furthermore, according to Trump, if he hasn't signed DACA (DREAMER) amnesty legislation within the next six months he will revisit the program. Nope, this thing is not settled yet.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DACA is over. Yes, it will take until March 2020 to expire them all, but it's over. It's not ever coming back. Starting sometime next year there will be 30,000 new jobs a month available to American Workers from this decision. Over 300,000 next year, 400,000 in 2019 and 85,000 by March of 2020.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    DACA is over. Yes, it will take until March 2020 to expire them all, but it's over. It's not ever coming back. Starting sometime next year there will be 30,000 new jobs a month available to American Workers from this decision. Over 300,000 next year, 400,000 in 2019 and 85,000 by March of 2020.
    Obviously you failed to get Trump's tweet about his plans to revisit the DACA program if he can't get a DACA (DREAMER) amnesty signed in the next 6 months. If he gets the amnesty he wants, we're worse off than we were with the Obama/Trump DACA program. Yes, Trump owned a piece of it too because he continued accepting new applications and renewing work permits. Trump is personally responsible for anyone that enrolled or renewed during his administration.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I saw his tweet, I also know what it means. It doesn't mean he's reviving the program.

The plan is to order deportations of DACA's when their work permits start expiring in March. They're treating the work permit as an immigration document, expecting them to remove themselves or be deported when the permit expires, just like you would with any temporary work permit or visa that's expired, which is good, that's how it should be. That automatically makes them a high priority for deportation when their permits expire, and it's automatic in their case because failure to leave would be like a visa-overstay, no deportation hearing required. We have a very smart executive branch of government working for us now, it's very refreshing.

Stay focused on the Congress. My fear is that you're so wrapped up with Trump Hate Blaming, you won't make your calls and send in your faxes. Keep your eye on the ball, MW, there's work to do.

Good, if no deportation hearing is required...fast track them out of here!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Good, if no deportation hearing is required...fast track them out of here!
    Exactly. It's very well-planned. I'm actually very impressed. They have dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. They've addressed all the issues of rule of law, fairness, notice, renewals, expiration, satisfaction of the Texas lawsuit, opportunity for Congress should it decide to act, and are set to go in March with deportations that should have occurred years ago of illegal entries that should have never happened in the first place.

Trump will be credited for a tough decision that by the manner in which he made and executed it turned lawless chaos into legal order according to the rule of law that protects American citizens, American workers and American taxpayers, a job no one else was willing to do.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast