Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

People seem to forget he only got 3% of the vote in Florida Primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    I don't support RP, and think he is not really our answer on illegal immigration, but that's besides the point.....Guys, Paul has said on numerous occasions that he will not run as an indy. Its time to get over Paul. Once the general election comes, we need to vote for someone who is actually running for president. We need to vote for the Constitution Party candidate.
    You do realize that the Constitution Party has on multiple occasions now pretty much offered Ron Paul their party nomination, right?

But that isn't the plan. The Ron Paul gameplan is to get RP people elected as delegates all across the U.S. and come out strong in the case of a "brokered convention" If a brokered convention happens, I think many will be surprised by the number of RP supporters that are delegates. He already has many more than the media knows about/reports.

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    He also completely ignored the state and spent almost nothing there.
    Why? Because it is a winner take all state in delegates AND only has 57 delegates this year. So unless you have a decent chance of actually winning FL, it would be a waste of money. Considering the fact that everybody else was concentrating on FL, it would be easy for his message to be filtered out.

Instead, he went to Maine this week. They have a caucus this week and NO other candidate has bothered with them. They have 21 delegates and very friendly rules for registration to vote and even after the straw poll, "Even after the state convention, all delegates will be unbound to any candidate.". He has been doing very well in states such as this: NV, LA.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood
    Bull I hear his commercial on the radio every 15-30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood
    Bull I hear his commercial on the radio every 15-30 minutes.
    Ok, maybe not "completely" ignored; but pretty much ignored. How many Ron Paul TV commercials did you see there? How many times did he come down there besides for debates? FL was never part of his strategy.

I'm not saying he isn't a longshot, but he is doing much better than people think.

Exactly, and to hear some people on this and other sites. Paul supporters are to blame for McCain's win. McCain won by 5 % points. Even if everyone who voted for Paul were counted towards Romney. He would still lose. Paul supporters are not to be blamed for what happened last night. The blame lies with the American people for voting for McCain.

Re: If Ron Paul runs as an Independent....

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    How much support do you think he would get? I'm thinking a lot of Republicans who hate McCain would support him. I could be wrong. I certainly was wrong about McCain. I never, never would have predicted this.

I guess I'm just trying to hold onto some hope.

Thoughts?
    Although on Ron Paul has the right ideas on immigration and may other issues, he is too anti-war and "blame America for Muslim aggression" to win the support of enough conservatives. His position on the war repeatedly elicited boos during the debates.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Re: If Ron Paul runs as an Independent....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    His position on the war repeatedly elicited boos during the debates.
    Uhm, he elicited just as many cheers for that position. Screw the Iraqis. Let them fix their own damn country. Our currently open borders leave us just as vulnerable to terrorists. In the meantime the Iraq war has put us in debt up to our eyeballs and the value of the dollar has gone down more than 50% since the start of the war.

I got no one to vote for. I can't vote for anyone who will give amnesty to illegal aliens. I also won't vote for anyone who thinks we live on an island and shouldn't fight for the best interests of our country and our allies.

Ron Paul didn't think the North should've fought the civil war. We should've bought the slaves from the south and free'd them. We should've gave money to those people who wanted to succeed to keep their slaves, next we'll pay bank robbers to not rob banks. Pay suicide bombers to not blow themselves up, pay islamics to not try to force the world to their religious beliefs.

Iran, gets their nuclear power plant they won't wait until they can do a nuke to nuke someone. They'll take their spent nuclear fuel, mix it in with urine, nails, and other junk in their suicide belts and attempt to turn Israel into a wasteland. Then they'll take their new nuclear suicide belts to any country not willing to force sharia law down our throats.

Romney Sucks, but he's the best chance we got and he needs to do something to save the day because nobody else will.

I got no one to vote for. I can't vote for anyone who will give amnesty to illegal aliens. I also won't vote for anyone who thinks we live on an island and shouldn't fight for the best interests of our country and our allies.
    There are many third party candidates you can vote for including Phillies and RP.

Ron Paul didn't think the North should've fought the civil war. We should've bought the slaves from the south and free'd them. We should've gave money to those people who wanted to succeed to keep their slaves, next we'll pay bank robbers to not rob banks. Pay suicide bombers to not blow themselves up, pay islamics to not try to force the world to their religious beliefs.
    RP was just giving an example of a solution rather than shredding our Constitution to give the federal government more power than State Legislation to solve the problem. There are many ways the problem could have been solved!

Iran, gets their nuclear power plant they won't wait until they can do a nuke to nuke someone. They'll take their spent nuclear fuel, mix it in with urine, nails, and other junk in their suicide belts and attempt to turn Israel into a wasteland. Then they'll take their new nuclear suicide belts to any country not willing to force sharia law down our throats.
    We are the ones holding Israel back why should we pay taxes to protect other countries who have the means to solve the problem. Individual responsibility, we babysit other countries just like we babysit illegals!

Romney Sucks, but he's the best chance we got and he needs to do something to save the day because nobody else will.
    No comment!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast