Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Lynne wrote:

How much support do you think he (Paul) would get? I'm thinking a lot of Republicans who hate McCain would support him. I could be wrong. I certainly was wrong about McCain. I never, never would have predicted this.

I guess I'm just trying to hold onto some hope.

Thoughts?
    Ron Paul would most definitely take a fraction of the conservative votes, but not enough to get him elected as President of the United States. Furthermore, a lot of independents are supporting McCain. IMHO, a third party run by Paul would assure the Democrats a victory.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Lynne wrote:

How much support do you think he (Paul) would get? I'm thinking a lot of Republicans who hate McCain would support him. I could be wrong. I certainly was wrong about McCain. I never, never would have predicted this.

I guess I'm just trying to hold onto some hope.

Thoughts?
    Ron Paul would most definitely take a fraction of the conservative votes, but not enough to get him elected as President of the United States. Furthermore, a lot of independents are supporting McCain. IMHO, a third party run by Paul would assure the Democrats a victory.
    I don't think so. I think he would take equally from the Democrats and Republicans. His anti-war stance would peel away a lot of Democrats and his anti-illegal stance would peel away a lot of republicans. In the end, he could just manage to peel enough off on both sides to win. Lou or Savage have a much better shot at winning as a independent but Paul might be able to do it.

MW
    bettsie wrote:

I don't think so. I think he would take equally from the Democrats and Republicans. His anti-war stance would peel away a lot of Democrats and his anti-illegal stance would peel away a lot of republicans. In the end, he could just manage to peel enough off on both sides to win. Lou or Savage have a much better shot at winning as a independent but Paul might be able to do it.
    I don't think so. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345