Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

updated 3/3/2009 10:11:33 PM

Precincts Reported: 556 of 578

Rosanna Pulido 936

Tom Hanson 810
    David Anderson 676
    Gregory Bedell 605
    Daniel Kay 359
    Jon Stewart 351
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Quote Originally Posted by MadInChicago
    updated 3/3/2009 10:11:33 PM

Precincts Reported: 556 of 578

Rosanna Pulido 936

Tom Hanson 810
    David Anderson 676
    Gregory Bedell 605
    Daniel Kay 359
    Jon Stewart 351

The 4 low scoring candidates conceded it just Rosanna and Tom Hanson left!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

As we wait for the final totals let me share with you my voting experience today. This is what its like to vote in Chicago! (a post I made at a local forum)

------------------------

Un-Frig’in Believable!

In the 5th Congressional District today we are having a special Primary to replace “the enforcerâ€

It is now 11:45 PM, and the last web update report was at 10:15 PM. The last TV news report said it was too close to call. So I guess I’ll have to update you in the morning. (I can’t seem to find any other source)

I wouldn;t worry, I think Rosanna has it, we will have to wait until the morning!

Rosanna Pulido WON with 25% of the vote!!!!

Here are some videos:
    http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...district_seat/

This will be a fight about Illegal immigration; CRook County Commissioner Mike Quigley is one of the key players with Roberto Maldonado that are responsible for CRook County being the first Sanctuary County in the country.

And all the media always introduces Rosanna’s Illegal immigration views first, and then gun rights advocate second, the senior issues third, and then the rest. In Chicago politics the Democratic machine bills the top two issues as negatives, but I think this can backfire on them. Now that Obama brought the gun rights issue to front, and the loss of jobs to illegal aliens will play to Rosanna’s favor. And it doesn’t hurt that the senior vote is the 3rd issue.

Also it doesn’t help the Democrats that the loony ex-governor (Blago) held this seat before Rahm Emanuel.

In others words the media is forcing an immigration fight. It’s going to be tough fight but I believe is doable.

If you ever wondered what we mean here in Chicago when we talk about the dirty Democratic Machine politics, just watch, this shaping up to be a classic.

[quote="MadInChicago"]
    As we wait for the final totals let me share with you my voting experience today. This is what its like to vote in Chicago! (a post I made at a local forum)

------------------------

Un-Frig’in Believable!

In the 5th Congressional District today we are having a special Primary to replace “the enforcerâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="fedupinwaukegan"][quote="MadInChicago"]

------------------------

Un-Frig’in Believable!

This is great news, MadInChicago! Go Rosanna.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Minuteman Wins GOP Primary for House Seat
    By David Weigel 3/4/09 9:34 AM

Last night voters in Illinois’ heavily Democratic 5th congressional district voted in a primary for candidates to replace former Rep. Rahm Emanuel, now the White House chief of staff.

Mike Quigley won the Democratic primary, while Rosanna Pulido won the GOP primary.

Who’s Rosanna Pulido? She was a founder of the Illinois Minutemen, a wing of the immigration restriction group that patrolled the U.S.-Mexico border in 2006 and 2007. In this CNN interview, she called then-GOP presidential nominee Sen. John McCain “just another politician that acts as if he was elected to represent the Mexican government.â€

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast