Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL:no match letters sent, union fighting this...{sob}help...

I saw this on a Chicago Mayday site. I hope you can take a moment to support this company for doing the right thing. Here is what they posted. Look at this loaded first sentence!

Trim-Tex policy of threatening workers who received Social Security Administration “no matchâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't understand the problem here. I worked in a large Personnel Department for a very long time.

Social Security "No Match" letters have been sent out for years and years. You pass the letter along to the employee to correct. The letter tells them they have so much time to correct.

I don't remember the employer ever knowing what the employee's problem actually was, just that they were to correct it.

Homeland Security add-ons have not started, so why is anyone all excited about a process that has been in effect practically forever???

I believe that they believe that if they make enough noise that the company will drop sending the no-match letters. Please call and support this company.

The Mayday site is now saying;

We should announce not only that Home Depot will be contacted but that we’ll
    make sure no contractor purchases any Trim-Tex product if they adhere to No
    Match policies.

We’ll pass this along to everyone we know! Thanks for getting the word out
    Martin.

Also, someone passed on this information;

This group admits that most no-match letters are due to illegal immigrants:

http://www.nilc.org/immsemplymnt/SSA_no ... -20-03.pdf

They simultaneously claim that the illegals should not be fired and that the no-match program does not work, because the workers are not fired.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree!!!!!

Ban Trim-Tex!!!!

I have a GREAT idea. Why don't you refuse to wait for work outside of ANY Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. that sells their products

I hope this helps. Their website offers some 800 numbers. I feel we have to offer support to any companies that are using E-verify and/or following the no-match letters.

I don't want them to give in to the intimidation this union (OBL supporter) is making.

http://www.trim-tex.com/

3700 W. Pratt Ave. • Lincolnwood, IL 60712-2508
    Phone: 800-874-2333 • Fax: 800-644-0216

Trim-Tex is located in Lincolnwood,
    a suburb next to Chicago, IL.

Technical & Sales Contact: John Calderaro
    Email: johnc@trim-tex.com

Illinois needs every small step in the right direction that it can make. Can you make that call or send an email?

[quote]Trim-Tex policy of threatening workers who received Social Security Administration “no matchâ€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Good fine Fedup!

I'll do that tomorrow.
    I think I’ll try to call and talk to Jennifer Laswell, giving her our thanks, and letting her and her employer know that there is support out here.

Also Fedup did you see this one were they are threatening your local radio talk show host Libby Collins? (This post of theirs is only five hours old.)
    (This is your buddy MARGARET CARRASCO )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Libby Collins?

Host of an ultra conservative Radio Show WKRS 1220 am...her web site reads as follows:

Libby Collins talks about everything from politics to pimps from roads to road kill from immigration to insanity.? Sometimes serious, sometimes silly but always stimulating.

?
    Libby get ready to rumble....for from the south comes a GREAT ANGEL who defends the rights of humanity....

?
    Enrique Morones

Founder of Los Angeles de La Frontera (Border Angels)
    Enrique Morones in 1986, founded Border Angels a non-profit organization supporting humanity. The organization consists of extraordinary volunteers who want to stop unnecessary deaths of individuals traveling through the Imperial Valley desert areas and the mountain areas surrounding San Diego County, as well as the areas located around the United States and Mexican border. The high percentage of unnecessary deaths have been results of extreme heat and cold weather conditions, in addition some have sadly been the results of racial-discrimination crimes.
    Border Angels Mission Statement is very clear: NOT HAVE PEOPLE DIE.
    Listen Live to Libby & Enrique as they discuss the controversial topic of Immigration!

CALL-IN AT #847-244-1220
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008
    LISTEN Live at 7:00am (Central Time) at WWW.WKRS.COM?
    1220AM WKRS
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

BTTT

I hope you can take a moment to call in your support today for a company that is using the no-match letters.

Jennifer Laswell
    Human Resources
    Trim-Tex
    Drywall Products
    3700 W. Pratt Ave.
    Lincolnwood, Il.
    Ph 847-679-3000
    Fax 847-679-3017

http://www.trim-tex.com/

3700 W. Pratt Ave. • Lincolnwood, IL 60712-2508
    Phone: 800-874-2333 • Fax: 800-644-0216

Trim-Tex is located in Lincolnwood,
    a suburb next to Chicago, IL.

Technical & Sales Contact: John Calderaro
    Email: johnc@trim-tex.com

http://chicagoworkers.org/

Miriam Perez
    Lead Organizer for Day Labor
    (773) 230 -0331
    gricemiriam@yahoo.com

Felipa Mena
    Coordinator, Chicago Workers’ Legal Clinic and Workers’ Cooperative
    (312) 543-8245
    lotus1403@yahoo.com.mx

Tim Bell
    Executive Director
    (773) 230-0351
    timobell@yahoo.com

This is on their links page---

Illinois Department of Labor
    List of Licensed Day Labor Agencies:
    http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/list ... agency.htm

Center for Labor and Community Research
    http://www.clcr.org

Erie Neighborhood House
    http://www.eriehouse.org

Okay, here is the email I sent to Trim-Tex. - Lets see what happens?

===========================

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO JENNIFER LASWELL HUMAN RESOURCES

webmaster@trim-tex.com; johnc@trim-tex.com; JenniferL@trim-tex.com

Please forward this email to: Jennifer Laswell, Human Resources

To the proud Americans at Trim-Tex,

I am one of a few Chicago Area members that are part of a larger national online anti-ILLEGAL immigration awareness group. It has come to our attention that your use of the Social Security No-Match letters will be exposing some 50 possible illegal aliens, which may lose their illegally held jobs this Friday June 13th. (I guess it will be a real Friday the 13th for some folks!)

We trust that when anyone of those 50 or so people fail to prove their legal status, and just abandon their jobs this Friday, that they are assumed felons for violating US immigration laws. Not only are immigration laws broken here, but there are also a number of other Federal and local laws related to ID-theft, along with other laws associated to that crime being broken here as well. We also encourage Trim-Tex to turn over these illegal felons to ICE or to the proper officials so they can be processed legally. To just let them go without informing the authorities dose not fix the problem, and would be a form of aiding-and-abetting these felons, which would result in Trim-Tex violating many laws itself. To help you in this effort a copy of this email will also be forwarded to the local ICE office in downtown Chicago.

You should also be aware of how we found this information, and what the local Hispanic militant groups have in store for your company. A member of our group stumbled across this information in an online Google group were the local militant Latino, PRO-illegal folks in the Chicago area meet and plan actions against people, organizations, and employers that they do not like. Actually these are the same militant folks that are the key organizers of the anti-American marches we have to endure every May 1st. They are calling for the Hispanic community to use strong-arm tactics on your company just because you wish to enforce proper procedures, and keep your firms status legal when it comes to employment and the law. (See below for their posting and web link)

We also wish to thank you for being true patriots and loyal Americans. Also we wish to let Trim-Tex know that there are now thousands of Americans nationwide aware of this and are 100% behind your actions at keeping Trim-Tex compliant with the laws of our country. Also, be aware that we make it a point to support companies that do the right by using their products, and like I said, thousands of Americans nationwide now know the name Trim-Tex. We had over 5 million hits to our web site in the month of May alone. (Think about it: 50 possible Federal Fines to Trim-Tex, or 5 million possible new customers for Trim-Tex?)

Thank you from all the law-abiding Americans.

Below is the posting as well as the link, so you can see for your self:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    martin unzueta

Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:00:36 +0000
    Local: Tues, Jun 10 2008 12:00 pm
    Subject: NO MATCH ALERT

NO MATCH ALERT

50 workers are going to be fire at Friday June 13 because the no match issue, Trim-Tex company threatening workers who received Social Security Administration no match they are ready to fight back but they need a hand for the community, please give a call to Jennifer Laswell human resources and tell her that our communities are not to allow this decision from the company. If the company continues with it, community members are going to visit their costumers (home depot) for example and denounce anti immigrant policy from the company.

Thanks

Martin Unzueta
    Chicago Workers Collaborative

Jennifer Laswell
    Human Resources
    Trim-Tex
    Drywall Products
    3700 W. Pratt Ave.
    Lincolnwood, Il.
    Ph 847-679-3000
    Fax 847-679-3017

Dear Jennifer Laswell

Trim-Tex policy of threatening workers who received Social Security Administration no match notifications is unnecessary, immoral and potentially illegal. Enacting this policy will tear families apart and irreparably harm our communities. Trim-Tex should reinstate its previous no match policy which respected workers privacy to correct this problem on their own accord and fulfilled all of the company legal obligations.

The companys policy appears to be a rash enactment of a proposed Department of Homeland Security regulation. This proposal is currently not the law and could never become the law. By implementing this regulation, Trim-Tex could violate federal immigration laws criminal prohibitions against re-verifying I-9 documents, also Trim-Tex could being violate Employee Classification Act of Illinois.

Our apprehension is echoed by Social Security Administration and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. These governmental agencies are concerned this proposal will promote discrimination in the workplace. Community members have cause for alarm about unfair workplace practices in Trim-Tex facilities.

Trim-Tex employees deserve to work free from fear, harassment and intimidation. Please respect their rights and comply current Social Security Administration guidelines by reinstalling your previous policy.

6/10/08

Organization Name

Phone number

http://groups.google.com/group/10demarz ... b8cc4daf32
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast