Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"Illegal Aliens Are What They Are" and "Moral Equivalency & Other Fantasies"

The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans when it comes to illegal immigration is that the Democrats stand to benefit from increasing the Hispanic vote. But both are equally guilty when it comes to not stemming the invasion. Otherwise, we would hear the Republican politicians demanding that a huge wall be erected along our southern border, instead of parroting Obama’s call for comprehensive immigration reform (aka amnesty).

The problem is that folks on both sides of the aisle want to privatize the profits to be accrued from cheap labor while socializing the costs. If we were serious about solving the problem, we would, one, stop subsidizing illegals with free health care, free education and free food; and, two, we would fine and jail anyone responsible for hiring them. And I’m not just referring to smalltime outfits that hire a few guys to help out on construction jobs, but the folks who own the hotels and restaurants where these people are making beds and busing tables.

Obama wants Congress to help him bring what he refers to as “the best and the brightest” to the United States. If he’s referring to those illiterates sneaking across the border, perhaps he’s auditioning for a career as a stand-up comedian. Until now, I had assumed he kept his sense of humor concealed in the same vault where he’s concealed his birth certificate, his early travel visa and his college application.

The EEOC, like every other federal bureaucracy under Obama, has over-stepped its authority by constantly filing lawsuits against companies that insist their employees speak English.

But, then, there is no government agency that I wouldn’t like to see either diminished or eliminated altogether. What’s more, I would see to it that no government bureaucrat, be it at the city, state or federal level, ever received another bonus. What do they ever do that deserves one? It certainly can’t be for working overtime. As we all know, anytime you show up at one of those offices after closing time, whether it’s at 4:01, 4:31 or 5:01, you’ve found the doors locked and the lights off.

Speaking of federal agencies, I bet no conservative in America was surprised to hear that our State Department was far more incensed over the killing of one Arab youngster than it was by the killing of three Jewish teenagers in Israel. What’s more, Israel arrested six suspects in the murder of Abu Khdeir after a couple of days, whereas the Palestinians not only haven’t made any arrests in the murders of Eyal Yifrah, Gilad Shaar and Naftali Fraenkel, after a few weeks, but aren’t likely to in the next fifty years. But it’s only Israel that is ever condemned by the weasels at the U.N. and the anti-Semites who infest academia and the media.

It seems that Hillary Clinton, who is pinning most of her political hopes on carrying a large majority of the single woman vote, once, as a 27-year-old lawyer, defended a creep who beat and raped a 12-year-old girl. Recently, a four decades-old tape popped up on which she is heard laughing while saying that she had lost all faith in polygraph tests because her client had fooled the machine. She then went on to brag that she got him off with a 10-month sentence on a minor charge. And this is a person who insists it’s Republicans who are waging war on women.

While on the topic of double standards, it’s worth noting that Obama wants same-sex married couples to be granted sick leave to care for an ailing “spouse” even in states that don’t recognize such marriages. However, people who have the legal right to carry a concealed weapon in one state will be arrested if discovered to be packing heat in another state, although the Second Amendment guarantees the right to bear arms, while the Constitution says nothing about two guys exchanging wedding vows. And the reason for that is because, quite frankly, such a preposterous notion would never have occurred to Adams, Jefferson or Madison.

Finally, I’m no scientist, but is it just possible that trailer homes work like magnets where storms are concerned? I’m just wondering because every time I see the aftermath of a hurricane, I see dozens of them lying around the landscape looking like a child’s abandoned toys. Seems to me that by this time you don’t have to be particularly religious to suspect God is trying to send us a clear message, encouraging us in no uncertain terms to next time get a house with a damn foundation.

MORAL EQUIVALENCY & OTHER FALLACIES

Liberals are so stupid they actually believe that when they claim to see a moral equivalence between Israel and the Palestinians or between a murderer and the state that executes him for his crime, they are being sophisticated because, unlike lesser beings, they don’t view the world in black and white, but in nuanced shades of gray. All they really prove, of course, is that they lack a moral compass.

I first became aware of this spiritual blindness when Hollywood pinhead Steven Spielberg made a dud of a movie called “Munich.” Apparently Spielberg assumed, being Jewish and the self-proclaimed conscience of Hollywood, that he was entitled to decide there was no difference between the barbarians who massacred Israel’s athletes at the 1972 Olympics and the members of Mossad who tracked down the killers and dispensed justice.

What’s more, the Israeli agents used guns. That, alone, would be more than enough to prove that they were no better than the killers they pursued. So far as Hollywood big wigs are concerned, the only people who are entitled to bear arms are members of the Beverly Hills Police Department, their own personal bodyguards and of course the actors in their blood-drenched action movies.

There are times when I question whether liberals are people at all or are merely a weird breed of parrot. I mean, by this time, surely even Dianne Feinstein must have noticed that virtually every gun-related massacre, including Columbine, Fort Hood, Aurora and Newtown, has taken place in a school, a movie theater or a military base, and that the one thing they had in common were that they were all gun-free zones. What’s more, the cities with the highest murder rates in America, namely Chicago and Washington, D.C., have the strictest gun control laws on the books. But those facts never dissuade liberals from campaigning for more gun-free zones and gun control legislation.

Speaking of gun violence, recently, Ronald Lee Haskell went hunting for his ex-wife. When her sister, Katie, and Katie’s husband, Stephen, refused to divulge her whereabouts, Haskell murdered them and four of their five children, ranging in age from four to 14. The lone survivor, a 15-year-old daughter, suffered a fractured skull when the bullet merely grazed her head.

The court will now determine Haskell’s mental condition and decide if he is legally responsible for his actions. And I’d like to know why that’s necessary. There’s no question of his guilt, so why does it matter if a psychiatrist decides he didn’t know that he was doing something wrong when he pulled the trigger seven times in that Houston home? If he didn’t understand that what he did was evil, he’s no less a monster, simply one lacking a brain as well as a soul. In either case, he has the blood of six innocent victims on his hands and has left a teenage girl, who had two parents and four siblings just a short while ago, with no family at all.

Liberals have a difficult time maintaining a consistent point of view when it comes to the Supreme Court. For instance, Obama held it in high regard when, against all logic, it ruled that the Affordable Care Act was constitutional because it was a tax, in spite of the fact that in its argument to the Court, the administration insisted it wasn’t any such thing. But two short years later, when the Court decided to get serious and began chiding Obama over his blatant disregard of the Constitution’s separation of powers, he’s decided they’re nothing more than a collection of drunks and reprobates.

Nancy Pelosi has been even harsher in her condemnation of the male justices who ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby. In fact, she condemned them solely on the basis of their gender, declaring that men had no business voicing an opinion when it came to contraception. She didn’t even bother excluding Justice Stephen Breyer, who sided with Kagan, Ginsburg and Sotomayor. Something else Pelosi neglected to consider while venting her misandry was the fact that in 1973, when the Supreme Court legalized abortion in America, all nine justices were male, and only two of them, Rehnquist and White, dissented from the misguided majority.

There are a great many people who believe or at least strongly suspect that Barack Obama, who spent his impressionable early years in Islamic Indonesia and proclaimed the Arab call to prayer (the muzzein) “one of the prettiest sounds on earth,” is a Muslim. Maybe yes, maybe no, but it would certainly help explain why a recent Gallup Poll showed that, whereas Obama’s approval numbers among the rest of us hovers around 40%, a staggering 72% of American Muslims think he’s doing a bang-up job.

Another group that would no doubt write him a letter of recommendation are illegal aliens. After all, he has rolled out the red, white and blue carpet for thousands of Central Americans, who are bringing few marketable skills with them, but any number of communicable diseases, including tuberculosis. And if that’s not bad enough, according to the National Border Control Council, Obama is allowing them to fly on commercial airliners without valid identification.

I bet the next time you’re standing in an endless serpentine line at an airport, and removing your shoes, belt and prosthetic devices, you’ll wish you, too, had had the foresight to sneak into the United States.

Finally, why do people keep referring to the caliphate being established in Iraq and Syria as the first terrorist state in the world? What about Iran? Surely you haven’t forgotten good old Iran -- the pigsty that’s developing a nuclear bomb, has sworn to wipe Israel off the face of the earth, and has kept busy recruiting suicide-bombers and exporting Islamic terrorism ever since the late 70s!

Is it any wonder that Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, recently displayed his justifiable petulance when he was heard to whine: “What are we, chopped liver?”

©2014 Burt Prelutsky. Comments? BurtPrelutsky@aol.com.

http://www.burtprelutsky.com/2014/07...elutsky.com%29