Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

With illegal immigrants, leaders are failing us

January 2, 2011 Opinion

The world knows what a mess the drug cartel has made of Mexico due to the lack of strong leadership and willingness to do the right thing for their country.

Our country is facing a similar situation with our leadership that is more focused on getting re-elected than doing what is right for our country.
    Most of us know that it's absurd to be giving citizenship to the anchor babies of the illegal aliens, but it still applies.
    We also know that English should be established as our official language as many other countries have done and that the employers who are hiring illegal aliens should be prosecuted.
    The nonsense must stop before we lose our country for lack of leadership.
    Let's hope the GOP will use better common sense than was being used by the Democrats in the last administration.
    Most of our elected officials from Oregon have failing grades on the immigration issue.
    Many illegal aliens are demanding more at every level while too many of our own citizens do nothing. Where do you fit in this picture?
    — Jim Elvin, Salem

Read more: http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article ... z19t9Jqt3Q

Re: With illegal immigrants, leaders are failing us

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Our country is facing a similar situation with our leadership that is more focused on getting re-elected than doing what is right for our country.
    If they did the right thing in the first place, re-election would not be even a question no matter what party their with!

NObama' voter base has shrunk to just illegals, and after what Reid did in Nevada nothing would surprise me!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In the next two years, the thrust to stop illegal immigration is going to have to be at and come from the state level....much like Arizona has done. There will be no help from this administration. Hopefully, sooner, rather than later the DOJ will have battles dealing with illegal immigration in the majority of states. Too many states, too many battles, to react like they have and treated Arizona. I have never been to a political caucus in my life, never had enough time.......This time, before 2012, I will make time.

Banned
    Odd thing is if Dems and Obama took some better steps things could be totally different and people could be cheering for Dems abandoning the Rep base.

If he took a stance against illegals and really securing the border.
    If he would have pushed harder for Reps to be involved in the healthcare reform and if none would come to the table push a bill with time to read.
    If he would have stuck to his guns on no tax extensions for the rich even if it meant higher taxes for all (Not a debate if wrong or right but was seen as a major weakness and many middle class and lower tend to agree the rich have to much).
    If he would have taken a harder hand aproach with the war then being a pansy.
    If he stopped bailout money and let the companies fail vs bailout to have them move to China.

They had a huge chance and blew it massively. Now everyone is clamoring back to Republican side.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by escalade
    In the next two years, the thrust to stop illegal immigration is going to have to be at and come from the state level....much like Arizona has done. There will be no help from this administration. Hopefully, sooner, rather than later the DOJ will have battles dealing with illegal immigration in the majority of states. Too many states, too many battles, to react like they have and treated Arizona. I have never been to a political caucus in my life, never had enough time.......This time, before 2012, I will make time.
    I'm with you "escalade"

A law was passed a few years ago in AZ making English the official state language. It has not made any difference, I still hear incessant Spanish chattering everywhere I go and everything that the school put's in my daughter's bag is in both Spanish and English. They also make sure to have interpreters available for these people at all times. My sister in law is a substitute teacher in the public schools here. She says that the Spanish speakers actually have the nerve to get mad at the parent/teacher conferences because they say that the interpreters are not interpreting as accurate as they want them too.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com