Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrants savvy, not victims

Illegal immigrants savvy, not victims
    Published: 3/25/2008 12:02

I'm tired of people treating illegal immigrants like helpless victims needing to be defended.

I do not see them as helpless or needing of rescue. They are gutsy people who left everything to pursue a better life and have managed to carve out a nice niche for themselves and avail themselves of "the system" in America.

They are not victims. They are resourceful. I do not agree with them doing so, but understand their reasons.

People who want to live in denial are ignoring the basic facts.

Illegal immigration in Elgin has caused property values to be low. Middle income people with children would not choose Elgin because officially or unofficially, this is known as a sanctuary city.

The schools are poor (as dedicated teachers are bogged down with children with severe behavioral issues and language barriers), there is increased gang activity and higher crime rates.

People are apparently afraid to speak openly about these facts, I suppose for fear of being labeled racist.

The self-righteous who want to turn a blind eye, apparently have never had their lives negatively impacted by illegal immigration.

They have never had to live in a low-income neighborhood in which they are a white minority and target of racism and hostility. They do not have to live next door to drug dealers and be surrounded by gang activity. They do not have to feel leery of letting their young children play outdoors.

Is all this attributed to the immigrant population? Obviously, no. But to deny it is a large component is naive.

They have never had to send their kids to an low-performing school in which they, as the white minority, have their needs ignored as immigrant children are catered to.

Would they opt to live in an immigrant-filled neighborhood or is it easier to live in a world of lofty ideals, tucked away in their upscale neighborhoods where it is easy to pretend racial tension does not exist?

I think people would feel less there was an "invasion" happening in Elgin if the immigrant population did not treat legal residents with such hostility.

It comes back to that sense of entitlement and refusal to assimilate. They fly their Mexican flags with a sense of defiance, showing a blatant lack of respect for American values and culture. I would never dream of going to another country and disrespect its culture, refuse to learn the language, and showing open hostility and racism to the legal residents.

Where, except in America, would this be tolerated?

Where are the bleeding hearts working for all the legal Americans in need?

What happened to the logic of taking care of your own first?

Stop seeing as victims those who are more savvy about the American system than most Americans will ever be.

Anthony Keys
    Elgin

http://www.dailyherald.com:80/story/?id=159693&src=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stop seeing as victims those who are more savvy about the American system than most Americans will ever be.
    That's the unvarnished truth people. The illegals know how to play the system extremely well. There are people and organizations aka activists who help them, for a profit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I have recently been noticing alot of Latino's driving brand new veichles. I am talking big suv's, Honda Suv's. Where and how do they afford these new veichles and they aern't cheap ones. I mean they are working for peanuts supposably, They are even parked in the lot of our local welfare or social service office in our county. You can see them climbing out carring their babies and applying for food stamps and medical for their kids and themselves.
    The banks apparently are still giving loans to latino's or do they pay cash? With their free medical to their family and food stamps and no taxs. They are better off than most American taxpayers appears to me. Heck they get picked up for traffice tickets unlicenced, uninsured they get a slap on the wrist. American taxpayers would be held up in court for months not to mention fines. Speical treatment for illegals how much is this costing you and me? Our government is even giving them loans and special treatment on their contracts under minorities. Special programs just for them.

Illegal aliens are very aware of the smorgasbord of benefits awaiting them in America. That’s why they come. They are also aware of what companies hire illegal aliens in the areas they decide to locate. Advance knowledge is provided ala the multitude of ‘Invader Advocate Groups’ and is an ongoing process once the illegal arrives. The illegal alien advocate network is a coordinated amalgam of groups that aid illegals in getting jobs, assist them in housing, direct them in enrolling their children into our schools, advise them on utilizing our hospitals for their medical care, advise them and aid them in filling out the paperwork to access public benefits such as welfare and food stamp programs. Do you actually think that 20 million plus illegal aliens could come here, blend almost seamlessly into our society and operate effectively and with impunity without a massive network of family ties, ethnic allegiances and a multitude of support groups including foreign consulates on American soil? Think I’m off base? Then think of just this one example: When have you ever heard of a raid on illegal employment locations without an immigration lawyer or a multitude of lawyers (including those from the ACLU) and “immigrant aidâ€

The idea that illegal aliens as a group lack political power is extraordinarily ludicrous. Nearly every member of our elites is a supporter of illegal immigration and are always ready to rush to their defense by smearing those who oppose illegal activity as spreaders of fear and those who support enforcement as racist, nativist,xenophobic and anti-immigrant. While individual illegal aliens may have little political power, those who lend them political power as a group include president Bush (also his administration and appointed bureaucrats), most Senators, many House members, many local officials, the Mexican government, major banks and businesses, non-profit groups, ethnic supremacy groups (La Raza, MECHA, LULAC, etc.), self appointed watchdog groups (ACLU, SPLC), religious leaders, the media, college administrations and college professors.

I'm glad this is all in the spotlight now. The invasion has been going on quietly for decades. They trickled in little by little until the '86 amnesty, then the numbers grew as more and more came in droves.

We were lulled into a false sense of security by the enforcement laws (HA!) out into the '86 amnesty. You know the ones that were never enforced?

Big business and advocacy groups liked it when it was quietly done. Then someone must've let their ego get in the way, planned the illegal aliens marching for "rights" and brought the invasion put front and center. THAT is what woken the sleeping giant up and helped defeat how many attempts at another amnesty!

Now ALL of America knows of this quiet, but deadly invasion and we will not allow any more amnesties! This is why the advocacy groups are now playing the race card. Don't fall for it, it's a farce!
    "

Zeezil,
    Thanks for posting that article. It really ticked me off! But it is true and it makes me so mad to think that our elected officials have allowed this. They have stood by while these pro illegal groups have encouraged an invasion of this country.

[quote]It comes back to that sense of entitlement and refusal to assimilate. They fly their Mexican flags with a sense of defiance, showing a blatant lack of respect for American values and culture. I would never dream of going to another country and disrespect its culture, refuse to learn the language, and showing open hostility and racism to the legal residents. (quote)

That is what strikes me the most and until you have it happen in your neighborhood or town....it's hard to imagine. I posted an article about a church in this town.....that surprise, surprise....are gracing the city with mass in ENGLISH. You know....to appease the ELDERLY life long residents of the town. Germans who settled the town ions ago....and long since learned English.....are now blessed with 1 Sunday mass.....in English. One major difference with past immigrants and these of today is the past immigrants "settled" there......started a town where none existed before. Took nothing and made it into something. These guys come in now and run people out of their communities. Alienate the actual citizens who created these towns and schools and shove them aside as if now they no longer have the right to be there. And knowing the people of this town......as they have in every city new immigrants land.....I'm about positive they bent over backwards to accomodate them and make them feel welcome.....only to be run out on rails as appreciation for their efforts. Or they are stuck there and left to watch their life change around them. To think you started a church....maintained it for generations....and in a short span of time they changed the mass to Spanish and now are graciously granted 1 mass in THIS countries language. The very language they learned to be a part of THIS country. To fight and die for this country and see a Mexican flag be flown......is downright disgraceful.

Just remember the next time you see the smiling face of President Bush that all of this happens because of him and his croonies. Remember it as he smiles and gives us the finger. Remember it the next time he talks to you with his lies. The blame for all this is his. And history will blame him too.

crazybird

Well said thank you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast