Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I also like this one:

"Will they not go astray who devise evil?
    But kindness and truth will be to those who devise good."

Prov 14:22 (NASB77)

I think that is the very essence of what Pastor John did for that couple. He gave them the truth coupled with kindness. It was their choice to obey and receive the kindness or to pay the consequences.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Cayla. It's disgraceful how the pro-amnesty crowd is manipulating Bible scripture to support their agenda. I am also sure God is not pleased.

They can't profess to be Christians, while being advocates for those whose lives are based on theft and lies. This is a flagrant disobedience to God.

Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb
    Thanks Cayla. It's disgraceful how the pro-amnesty crowd is manipulating Bible scripture to support their agenda. I am also sure God is not pleased.

They can't profess to be Christians, while being advocates for those whose lives are based on theft and lies. This is a flagrant disobedience to God.

Good one Deb. A good admonition to us too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupDeb

Good one Deb. A good admonition to us too.
    Thanks Gogo. You have also hit the nail on the head!

Thank you for this post...it's something that has been on my mind
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

You're welcome GoDawgs. Cayla found that great article. It's very concise and articulate on the issue. Sometimes when we want kindness to rule our hearts we let truth go out the window. Sometimes when we want truth to rule our hearts we set kindness aside. They should always be in tandem. I also have to remember:

The Lord says, "My thoughts are not like your thoughts.
    Your ways are not like my ways.
    Just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9 (NCV)

We can't set aside Romans 13:1-5 because we want to "owe no man anything but love" Love isn't our definition of love but the Lord's. (e.g.) we can't not pay our taxes because we want to give the money to the poor. Scripture says to obey the laws of the land. I hope I didn't muddy the waters with my explanation. Thus those blinded by kindness only use it as an excuse for sanctuary cities, etc. Illegals try to use the "kindness" argument to break our laws.

Sorry longer than I wanted but wanted to clarify.

Thank you Gogo for leading me to this thread. I miss some great things wandering on the open boards.

This argument is used constantly by the open borders crowd, but with the wrong motivation. How can you justify telling people, encouraging people to break the law, when there is a legal way to achieve the same goal, then go and steal someone's identity, when you could use your own if you came legally, then go and take another person's job at a lower wage, to better your own life but destroy his and his family's life. The lawlessness never ends. Is there no sense of guilt, no sense of remorse, no need to seek forgiveness or to say "I am sorry," and to turn from their wrongdoing. NO, presently evil has been deemed good and right, and those who support the right are deemed wrong and lack compassion. God can reach people anywhere and he can empower them to action to better themselves and their nations.

Just because your neighbor has it better does not mean that you have the right to break into his home.

The Christians command to love and to show charity should not extend to breaking so many of God's other laws, such as "Though should not steal" or "Thou should not bear false witness" or "Thou should not Covet."

Desiring what Americans have is not a license to come and steal. You are welcome if you can come legally, announce yourself, ask permission, follow the rules, receive acceptance. Otherwise you are a lawbreaker, always on the run.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I am personally saddened by my church's desire to assist illegal aliens in coming and establishing lives here in our city and in our nation. As a relative of mine went to church Sunday and opened the door, the sound of Spanish singing rang out. My church is over 100 years old, we have had people from all over the world, we send missionaries and have missionary guests, we welcome everyone and yet within the last several months there is specific pandering to the illegal alien Hispanic community that has arrived and flooded in and now the lawbreakers are sought out and the church is changing to meet their needs.

It is just not right.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I too have been bombarded by people in my former church who were telling me that because I was against illegals I was against God. When I came across this article, essay or what ever you wish to call it, I found confirmation in my beliefs. I felt that others here may be feeling what I was, so I chose to share it. I am glad that I did. Before my husband and I confronted our priest and withdrew from "The Church", we were having difficulties finding masses in English. If anybody knows the history of Ireland, you will know how difficult of a decision it was for an Irish Catholic to tell the church to go and shove it. I hope this author has given you the peace he has given to me.

I also feel that the research and logic of this article has helped me on other boards combat the "God" argument.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2 Thes. 3:10-12.....That if any man not work, neither should he eat ....

Although some work, most eat the fruit of our labor through the huge families . Also if a man who won't work can't eat, how much so should others pay for basic's like foodstamps, shelter ,medical care, etc.

Deut. 28:43 ....The alien who is among you shall rise higher and higher above you , and you shall come down lower and lower .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast