Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration, is there a humane solution? (Bad News!)

Illegal Immigration, is there a humane solution?

http://gene60.wordpress.com/2008/07/21/ ... -solution/

Originally published June 2007

[quote]I get many articles: political, religious and cultural, by email from friends. Recent emails caused me to consider illegal immigration. We need to think and talk about it in new and different ways. The old ways don’t work and the quick fixes I’ve heard or read would make us look like Nazis if we carried them out. Is there a just and humane solution? I believe there is, but only if we look past the quick fixes and don’t expect government or business to come up with it. Unfortunately, the U.S. is not free of blame; the problem has grown for political advantage and financial gain. I plan to discus this in more depth in a future column.
    Among recent complaints are that they break our laws, dilute our nation, keep the language and customs of their homeland and want the National Anthem translated to their language.
    I think that the National Anthem being sung in other languages is a novel idea. As long as it is an accurate translation and know what they are singing about. Other immigrant groups have stuck to their native language and customs after they came to the U.S. The English speakers are just the largest of them.
    Granted, it would be simpler and cost less for the U.S. and we might be more united if all immigrants learned to speak English; and there are other international examples of why a country benefits by having one or a common language.
    Many of the complaints I’ve heard are with regard to Mexicans. Why is that? They are highly visible. Can the tide be stemmed?
    Does it truly require draconian changes in what kind of people we envision ourselves to be?
    I think illegal immigration is a problem, partly because as illegal aliens they have little incentive to assimilate into the U.S. culture or society since as individuals they’re constantly under threat of being deported, and no, amnesty is not the solution.
    The fact that Mexicans are coming here in droves and have been for decades if not a full century, indicates that Mexican governments are incapable of governing “for the people.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quintupling the Border Patrol and a fence with razor wire like the Israelis built wouldn’t stop them.
    Why wouldn't it? It works for Israel, who is surrounded by counties bent on destroying the country.

Make sure all potential illegal aliens KNOW they will receive NOTHING (No money, NO jobs, No education, NO medical, NADA!) in the US AND we MUST ENFORCE that!. That'll stop them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Didn't it work for the Germans, too?

Rockfish: You are so right and training the employers to be honest will be the hardest job.

5:
    I truly try not to shop at Wal-mart; and etc. anything dealing with illegals out of bound. I even ask who is in the kitchen working when I eat out. No telling what is being done to our food

The fence will stop them if there is the will in this country. If there is no will, the fence won't matter. If we leave it unmaned, they will destroy parts of the fence, depending on how it is built that is.

What building a fence would do to curb illegal immigration pales in comparison to what enforcing our laws would do. I personally couldn't care less if there was a fence or not as long as we got rid of automatic citizenship and enforced to the fullest extent the laws that are currently on the books.

A nice comfy bus ride home and free! Thats humane beats the way most got here.

The humane and cost effective solution to the illegal immigration crisis, or more specifically: what to do with the 12-38 million illegal aliens currently in our country, is to engage in a policy of attrition through consistent enforcement of laws. A large % of illegals would self deport over time if there were no jobs or taxpayer-funded benefits for them. The illegal alien crisis did not occur overnight, and does not have to be fixed overnight.

The MSM and OBL try to ignore this, but this is the reality.

The ONLY proper recourse for ILLEGAL immigration is DEPORTATION, and if that sounds INHUMANE, that is TOO bad! The illegals BROUGHT this UPON THEMSELVES!

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    The humane and cost effective solution to the illegal immigration crisis, or more specifically: what to do with the 12-38 million illegal aliens currently in our country, is to engage in a policy of attrition through consistent enforcement of laws. A large % of illegals would self deport over time if there were no jobs or taxpayer-funded benefits for them. The illegal alien crisis did not occur overnight, and does not have to be fixed overnight.

The MSM and OBL try to ignore this, but this is the reality.

This is the only way that makes any sense to me, plus....
    No More Anchor Babies!
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

To hell with humane, that doesn't work with invading criminals .

Whats humane about invading a nation, demanding it feed you and your over breeding habits . Keep you in free medical, shelter and food while you start gangs and sell drugs and pass out disease to it's citizens . You call that humane .

We need to think survival, not so called humanity BS !

When the stuff hits the fan, just how humane do you think they will be to us .

I lost all my pity for them the day they stood in our streets and pissed on our flags and threatened us in our own nation .

And I lost all confidence in the people of this nation when they sat on their sheepish ass and allowed it .

I know it is probably over for us, but i still don't have to like it .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast