July 22, 2014

Illegals have had it! 'Enough is enough!'

By Carol Brown

Dreamers descend on Washington, announce their illegal status, and make demands. Sounds about right for Obama’s America.How is it that a person who is in this country illegally can publically announce that very fact and yet not be arrested and deported? Most recently, the question arose when I read the following report at Breitbart:

On Monday, DREAMers stormed the halls of Congress to stage a "GOP funeral" in front of the offices of Republican senators, some of whom have expressed concerns that President Barack Obama's unilateral grants of temporary amnesty have caused the current border crisis. First of all, can we stop with the “dreamers” language? It’s ridiculous. And it paints a deceptive picture.
Children who were brought to this country illegally by their parents are here illegally, just as their parents are. There’s nothing dreamy about it.
If the idea is that these kids dream of a day when they can be in the United State legally, then they are welcome to pursue what I will call Plan A: leave and apply through the normal channels like anyone else. In the meantime, let them be angry with their parents for putting them in this position. But how dare they be angry with anyone else, including the outrageous nerve to be angry with America at large!
And how dare they invade the halls of Congress to create obnoxious theatre while making demands on elected officials. The men and women who serve in Congress are not their representatives. They have no Congressional representatives because they are not here legally. Would that such wee facts would sink it.
If the burden of living life in the United States as an illegal is just too much to bear and if “living in the shadows” as many often say is difficult and unfair, then refer to Plan A, above.
Unfortunately, this group relentlessly pursues what I will call Plan B: be granted legal status despite having broken the law, cut ahead of all those coping with the bureaucratic ordeals and wait time to come here legally, and thumbs down (that’s as politely as I can say it) to the rule of law. I’d say a more appropriate term for those illegals in favor of Plan B are Slackers more than Dreamers. But that’s just me.
Second, why wasn’t every single illegal that showed up at the Capitol arrested? I mean, for goodness sake, they announced their illegal status. Therefore they’ve broken the law. Conveniently, they’re at the Capitol where there should be plenty of police around not to mention INS officials. Yet no one was arrested.
What am I missing? You don’t need to be a legal scholar to figure this out. Has common sense just flown the coop?
But I digress. Back to the funeral. Which was only the beginning. There was yelling. (What’s new?) Demands were made. (Gee, what a surprise.) And there was general fed-upness while this arrogant group of entitled illegals parading around the halls of Congress. Breitbart’s report continues:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has said Obama should not award temporary amnesty to DREAMers in the future because the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program only encourages smugglers and cartels to exploit more illegal immigrant children. And the DREAMers targeted his office, along with those of other senators, while yelling, "Enough is enough!"
"We are here to say the Republican Party is dead to us," a spokesperson for United We Dream declared in the halls of Congress. "We can't let DACA disappear for our community."
The gambit about the Republican Party being dead to them was a glaring example of how this group behaves like puppets for the left. They framed their message like a threat knowing full well this is a point of leverage, politically.
But far more egregious was the statement: “Enough is enough!”
Really? Just what is it that they’ve had enough of? Enough benefits from public programs paid for by American taxpayers? Enough amazing good fortune to live in the greatest nation on earth for so many years without being deported?
Or do they have the gall to suggest they’ve had “enough” of Senators and Congressmen having the temerity to suggest that the United States of America enforce its immigration laws?
Excuse me illegal invaders. If I may just have a word: If you have had “enough,” then please, I beg of you, by all means, post haste, leave this dreadful land that so stresses your sensibilities and return to your native country of origin. America owes you nothing.

Dreamers descend on Washington, announce their illegal status, and make demands. Sounds about right for Obama’s America.
How is it that a person who is in this country illegally can publically announce that very fact and yet not be arrested and deported? Most recently, the question arose when I read the following report at Breitbart:
On Monday, DREAMers stormed the halls of Congress to stage a "GOP funeral" in front of the offices of Republican senators, some of whom have expressed concerns that President Barack Obama's unilateral grants of temporary amnesty have caused the current border crisis.
First of all, can we stop with the “dreamers” language? It’s ridiculous. And it paints a deceptive picture.
Children who were brought to this country illegally by their parents are here illegally, just as their parents are. There’s nothing dreamy about it.
If the idea is that these kids dream of a day when they can be in the United State legally, then they are welcome to pursue what I will call Plan A: leave and apply through the normal channels like anyone else. In the meantime, let them be angry with their parents for putting them in this position. But how dare they be angry with anyone else, including the outrageous nerve to be angry with America at large!And how dare they invade the halls of Congress to create obnoxious theatre while making demands on elected officials. The men and women who serve in Congress are not their representatives. They have no Congressional representatives because they are not here legally. Would that such wee facts would sink it.
If the burden of living life in the United States as an illegal is just too much to bear and if “living in the shadows” as many often say is difficult and unfair, then refer to Plan A, above.
Unfortunately, this group relentlessly pursues what I will call Plan B: be granted legal status despite having broken the law, cut ahead of all those coping with the bureaucratic ordeals and wait time to come here legally, and thumbs down (that’s as politely as I can say it) to the rule of law. I’d say a more appropriate term for those illegals in favor of Plan B are Slackers more than Dreamers. But that’s just me.
Second, why wasn’t every single illegal that showed up at the Capitol arrested? I mean, for goodness sake, they announced their illegal status. Therefore they’ve broken the law. Conveniently, they’re at the Capitol where there should be plenty of police around not to mention INS officials. Yet no one was arrested.
What am I missing? You don’t need to be a legal scholar to figure this out. Has common sense just flown the coop?
But I digress. Back to the funeral. Which was only the beginning. There was yelling. (What’s new?) Demands were made. (Gee, what a surprise.) And there was general fed-upness while this arrogant group of entitled illegals parading around the halls of Congress. Breitbart’s report continues:
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) has said Obama should not award temporary amnesty to DREAMers in the future because the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program only encourages smugglers and cartels to exploit more illegal immigrant children. And the DREAMers targeted his office, along with those of other senators, while yelling, "Enough is enough!"
"We are here to say the Republican Party is dead to us," a spokesperson for United We Dream declared in the halls of Congress. "We can't let DACA disappear for our community."
The gambit about the Republican Party being dead to them was a glaring example of how this group behaves like puppets for the left. They framed their message like a threat knowing full well this is a point of leverage, politically.
But far more egregious was the statement: “Enough is enough!”
Really? Just what is it that they’ve had enough of? Enough benefits from public programs paid for by American taxpayers? Enough amazing good fortune to live in the greatest nation on earth for so many years without being deported?
Or do they have the gall to suggest they’ve had “enough” of Senators and Congressmen having the temerity to suggest that the United States of America enforce its immigration laws?
Excuse me illegal invaders. If I may just have a word: If you have had “enough,” then please, I beg of you, by all means, post haste, leave this dreadful land that so stresses your sensibilities and return to your native country of origin. America owes you nothing.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...is_enough.html