Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGALS: Idaho Needs Legislation

Anyone want to make some comments at the link?

ILLEGALS: Idaho needs legislation
    Posted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2009 - 11:04:15 pm PST
    Email this story Printer friendly version

I have read The Press Editorial Article of Dec. 19 encouraging the 2009 Idaho Legislature to shelve the Immigration Bill sponsored by Rep. Phil Hart and the follow-up letters by several of your other readers including the letter from Sen. Mike Jorgenson in Wednesday, Jan 28, with great interest.

The Press' case against the Immigration Bill actually made the case for having such a bill. In fact, Idaho should not even be involved in the immigration issue since it is a federal responsibility. Unfortunately the U.S. House and Senate along with the leadership have been co-opted by the pro-immigration lobbies and the Hispanic voters who want unlimited immigration, legal or not.

We moved to Coeur d'Alene from Santa Barbara, Calif., primarily because California has been overrun by illegal aliens and it is no longer safe there. The public school system there is a sham now with more than 80 percent Hispanic students, many of which are barely able to read, write or speak English. Most of them are here illegally as are their parents. There are multiple street gangs who regularly create havoc in the schools and streets and run the drug trades. We even had to move our son to a private school after being subjected to ridicule and harassment as a "white boy" in the Hispanic dominated public schools.

This process happened to Santa Barbara in five short years after the first amnesty was granted to legal aliens by congress in 1982. In the early 1990s, Californians passed Proposition 187 by 66 percent to 33 percent which took away many of the benefits illegal aliens were getting and brought the issue to the front burner. While an appointed liberal Federal Judge gutted the Proposition 187, my wife, along with several other local citizens, went to Washington, D.C., to lobby Congress for immigration reform and were successful in getting the 1992 immigration legislation passed with many of the same issues as Proposition 187 addressed. But, alas, there is no will on the federal level to enforce the 1992 legislation which even had provisions for identification verification by employers and fines for hiring of illegal aliens.

The bottom line is that Idaho should try to pass its own tough illegal immigration bill if only to bring the issue to the forefront and educate the Idaho citizenry on the issues. As Sen. Jorgenson points out in his letter to The Press, we Idahoans should not let pro-illegal activist lobbyists like the Idaho Business Coalition for Immigration Reform (aka Idaho Milk Producers or Dairymen's Association) decide what our immigration policy should be. With the high unemployment in this state, we surely don't need more "guest workers" here right now with their extended families to overrun our scarce social services and schools. I fully support Sen. Mike Jorgenson's and Rep. Phil Hart's efforts to force immigration legislation into the discussions for all Idahoans. If we do something here maybe the gang in Washington will listen.

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2009/0 ... tter05.txt
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There's a guy commentng on this article who says he likes illegal alien labor and he hires them. I told him to let us know where he is so we can have ICE pay him a visit.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I need to dig out my car and go to the grocery store, I will when I get back
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks, Cayla.

Comment left tinybob (taxpayer).

Thanks, Populist. That one guy in there posting is a real jerk, bragging about hiring illegals.

Thanks, Cayla.

I think I found the jerk. I addressed him in two posts because I was not sure if there was a word limit. They are as follows:

" " I didn't say they didn't effect my life, I said I wasn't worried about my job. The only jobs illegals take are really crummy ones that no one in the states really wants anyway.

And, actually, illegals make my life better by doing things I need doing for cheaper than anyone else out there. More money in my pocket - what's not to like about that! "

I hope you are not one who is so self-deluded that you can not see the facts when placed in front of you. Shall we begin with debunking your first paragraph?

Most people would not consider working for Howard Industries as having a crummy job.Howard Industries produces a wide range of quality products and services for global markets, including distribution and power products for utilities and commercial/industrial customers, over 190,000 technology-related solutions for business and personal use, medical technology products for hospitals and clinics, industrial and commercial lighting products and lighting ballasts for the lighting industry, and transportation services within the continental United States. Last summer, in just one plant ICE arrested 595 illegal workers. The legal workers applauded ICE. Legal workers lined up for blocks and stood in line for hours to apply for the openings left by the arrests. "
    and

" " I didn't say they didn't effect my life, I said I wasn't worried about my job. The only jobs illegals take are really crummy ones that no one in the states really wants anyway.

And, actually, illegals make my life better by doing things I need doing for cheaper than anyone else out there. More money in my pocket - what's not to like about that! "

Now shall we take a look at what the numbers say about your second statement?

I can sum this all up in one word, California. Californias nearly 3 million illegal immigrants cost taxpayers nearly $9 billion each year. If you divide that out by population 3000 of your tax money is being shelled out to pay for EACH ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN YOUR STATE. This is not counting the costs for welfare given to their citizen children. California will be out of money as early as next week. They have watched over 20 hospitals plus hundreds of emergency rooms be forced to close down because of the costs associated with treating illegals who can not pay.

Illegals make your life better is your view. I wonder if it would be the same if a loved one died because the hospital in your city closed down because of the costs of illegal aliens and the two hour ambulance ride to the nearest ER just was not fast enough. Would you still think the few bucks you saved was worth it? "
    If I am answering the wrong jerk, please let me know who you want me to take down....I am in that kind of mood tonight lol
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You got the right jerk, Cayla. Sadly, this is the attitude of the employers over here. We had it out with another one just like him not long ago. Thanks for stepping in, although I doubt anything bothers that idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    You got the right jerk, Cayla. Sadly, this is the attitude of the employers over here. We had it out with another one just like him not long ago. Thanks for stepping in, although I doubt anything bothers that idiot.
    Oh, I prepared for that lol That is the reason I added the line:

I hope you are not one who is so self-deluded that you can not see the facts when placed in front of you.
    Now we can just throw pity at him because anything he says from here on out is an admission that he is self delusional. He couldn't see the facts placed before him.

We also are now able to torment him on the sad state of affairs that he puts saving 5 bucks above the lives of his family.

If you don't think I will call him on it, in the most polite manner, you have not spent enough time with me on open boards.

oh, please pm me and let me know your name on that board. I will be going to cook dinner and child bath time now, but will try to be on later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast