Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Okay, Cayla. Sending PM.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, my God! Does anyone want to take a whack at this idiot in this blog?

Mahiun wrote on Jan 30, 2009 3:34 PM:

" Now shall we take a look at what the numbers say....?
    WHOSE numbers? Where are they getting the numbers? How reliable are those numbers?

California's nearly 3 million illegal immigrants cost taxpayers nearly $9 billion each year.
    According to whom, exactly? The Public Policy Institute of California reports that...
    * In 44 years of tracking (1960-2004), they could find no evidence that immigration inflow worsened the employment opportunities for natives of similar education and experience.
    * In those same 44 years of tracking, they could find no association between the inflow of immigration into the state and the out-migration of native-born within the same age and education levels.
    * In the period of 1990-2004, immigration induced a 4% INCREASE in real wages for the average native worker in California. The increase ranged from near zero for native-born high school dropouts up to 7% for native-born workers with at least a high school education.
    * Immigration does lower wages --- for previous immigrants! The PPIC found that the wages of immigrants who entered California before 1990 were 17%-20% lower than they would be, absent any additional immigration from 1990-2004.

Quoting the PPIC report: "[I]mmigrant workers often serve as complements to native workers rather than as their direct competitors for jobs, thereby increasing total economic output. Native workers benefit because they are able to specialize in more productive work. The results are consistent with other national-level research showing
    that immigrants have little if any effect on the wages of low-skilled natives and benefit high-skilled natives."

So it must be all the healthcare and social benefits that are driving them to California, right? Well, not according to a report issued by The California Endowment: 'Its a common misconception that undocumented immigrants will come to the state to take advantage of health insurance benefits,' said co-author Steven P. Wallace, PhD, associate director of the UCLA Center for Health Policy Research and professor in the UCLA School of Public Health. 'However, research shows that health insurance benefits are way down on the list of reasons undocumented immigrants choose a particular state. In most cases, these benefits have no influence on that choice at all.'

For example, in-person interviews conducted in 1996-1997 with undocumented immigrants in four major cities in the United States (two in California), noted that less than 1 percent of respondents cited social services as the most important reason for immigrating. The most commonly cited reasons were employment or family reunification.

Other findings in the brief include:
    *While a few studies of legal immigrants have found a small relationship between public benefit generosity and destination choice, most have found no association between the two factors.
    *Studies also found that the location choice of legal immigrants is most strongly influenced by the presence of other immigrants from the same country, while the effect of public benefits offerings is weak at best.
    Immigrants in general and undocumented immigrants in particular, tend to be healthier than U.S.-born population and use fewer health care services. If health services acted as a magnet for immigrants, we would expect to see worse health conditions and higher use of health services than we currently observe.

So where is all this astronomical cost to California coming from? And who says so? "

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2009/0 ... tter05.txt

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting

I think politicians and congressmen have forgotten that the Amnesty of the 80's was seen as a big joke on Reagan's side, and he was criticized for it. We shouldn't be having the problem of illegals today had it turned out how Reagan said it was going to, So how can we trust Barack Obama and the new wave of democrat seats on this issue? Is he just going to be another Ronald Reagan and tell us what we want to hear for show when in reality nothing is happening??..They want to make it so illegals can get all this benefits by providing proof of work receipts, rent stubs and other stuff, all that is going to do is fuel a wave of MORE fraudulet documents so that they can further break the law and reap the rewards that americans have sewn. Not only would this create a market for counterfeit documents, but who know's what other kind of black markets would spawn? Mexico is notorious for drug market, and organ robbery..Not only that, but they practice plastic surgery on people with dirty tools and no medical license to do so, is that what we want in our communities?? NO!! Personally I'm sick and tired of all the salmonella outbreaks, and ecoli that they disease our produce and vegetables with. We dont need these problems, america is not a 3rd world country!..or so I thought.

I have spent the better part of two hours doing research on The Public Policy institute of California. I just about have enough to totally impeach his source. I am willing to take any info anybody here has to offer, I am hoping to reply within the hour, I just want to make sure I build a strong case.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go ahead, cayla, whack him with it. He already looks silly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12