Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGALS LEAVE AZ - A GOOD THING - RIGHT?

This is GOOD NEWS, RIGHT, why does the Chamber of Commerce not agree? And still Our Elitist Politcians refuse to pass Immigration Laws to PROTECT our FAMILIES!!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 83677.html

Top stories

A group of illegal immigrants is taken to a bus station for deportation after being caught in a raid in Phoenix. The crackdown in Arizona has resulted in many workers going to other states. Illegal immigrants account for about one in 10 workers in Arizona, which is the nation's busiest gateway for illegal immigration.
    ALEXANDRE MENEGHINI: ASSOCIATED PRESS

March 1, 2008, 12:09AM
    Illegal immigrants leaving Arizona
    After the state enacted a law punishing employers who hire undocumented workers, many are going elsewhere, such as Texas

By JACQUES BILLEAUD
    Associated Press

Comments (50) Recommend (1)
    PHOENIX — Parents are pulling students out of school. Construction workers are abandoning their jobs. Families are hastily moving out of apartments.

Two months after Arizona enacted a law punishing employers who hire illegal immigrants, the law is already achieving one of its goals: Scores of immigrants are fleeing to other states or back to their Latin American homelands.

Gaby Espinoza, who has been unemployed since November, is among those affected. She gave up looking for a job because of the law and may have to return to Mexico.

Espinoza's husband works here legally, but the law means that employers must ask her for papers, and she faces the daily fear of being deported.

"There's no work over there in Mexico," said Espinoza, who has three U.S.-born children. "People there live so poorly. Here, my kids have health insurance. Over there, there's nothing."

The Republican-controlled Legislature and Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano approved the law last summer out of frustration with federal efforts to curb illegal immigration.

It took effect Jan. 1.

Legal challenge filed
    The law suspends or revokes the business licenses of violators and was intended to reduce the economic incentive for immigrants to sneak across the border.

Illegal immigrants account for an estimated one in 10 workers in Arizona, which is the nation's busiest gateway for illegal immigration.

Business groups have challenged the law. While awaiting a ruling, prosecutors agreed to hold off bringing cases to court until at least March 1.

Republican state Rep. Russell Pearce designed the law to reduce spending on educating and providing health care for illegal immigrants and their families, and to encourage them to leave Arizona.

"Why in the world do (illegal immigrants) think they have a right to break the law? And we are the bad guys for insisting that the law be enforced? The public doesn't agree with that," Pearce said.

Many school officials believe the law has played a role in falling enrollment. The state's struggling economy and slumping housing market are other factors. Several districts reported losing more than 100 students at least in part because of the law.

The Isaac School District in central Phoenix, with a student body that is 96 percent Hispanic, lost 500 students, said district spokesman Abedon Fimbres.

The departure of so many students upsets people like Jackie Doerr, who is principal at Andalucia Primary School, which is in a separate district in west Phoenix. She said teachers had made progress teaching English to many of the children.

"They have to leave and start all over again. It's just so frustrating when you see how far they have come," Doerr said. "They are probably going to lose it, especially if they go back to Mexico. They are definitely going to have problems."

Rising vacancies
    The law has also contributed to rising vacancies in Phoenix. The slow economy and a market overloaded with rental homes have exacerbated the problem, said Terry Feinberg, president of the Arizona Multihousing Association.

Even so, property managers have reported that the law has also driven away Hispanics who are here legally, Feinberg said.

The construction industry says some of its workers are leaving, too, for California, Nevada, Colorado or Texas.

Veronica Avalos, an illegal immigrant who has lived in Arizona for 13 years, has been caring for her three children alone since January. Her husband 's Arizona employer closed its doors; he now works in San Antonio, building swimming pool decks. Avalos and her children plan to join him in the coming months.

"We need to look for a school, services and programs for him. He has all those things right now," Avalos said. "But I don't know what will happen in Texas."

After the state enacted a law punishing employers who hire undocumented workers, many are going elsewhere, such as Texas
    Boy are they ever! We had more than our share of the illegal alien invaders before Oklahoma and Arizona got smart. Now we are drowning in the muck! There is an initiative on the Republican primary ballot in Texas asking whether Texas needs to legislate similiar laws. My answer was HELL YES but I just had to mark yes.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While the act of some states leading the way will impose a residual effect on nearby states (my state probably will catch at least a little of that spillover)... ultimately the long-term gains outweigh the short-term hurdles. ...if, for no other reason, to show that: a) some states are willing to enact meaningful state-level laws ('reforms' if that terminology is your thing! ) and b) it is coupled with substantive enforcement.

The next big question is: how do the adjacent states which are absorbing the spillover react? Hopefully, with local enforcement initiatives of their own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    The next big question is: how do the adjacent states which are absorbing the spillover react? Hopefully, with local enforcement initiatives of their own.
    I agree, PhredE. I think we will see a domino effect soon enough!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining about the enactment of legislation to combate the invasion in Oklahoma and Arizona PhredE. On the contrary I am very thankfull for them taking a positive stance and am looking forward to Texas following suite!

Quote Originally Posted by avenger
    Boy are they ever! We had more than our share of the illegal alien invaders before Oklahoma and Arizona got smart. Now we are drowning in the muck! There is an initiative on the Republican primary ballot in Texas asking whether Texas needs to legislate similiar laws. My answer was HELL YES but I just had to mark yes.
    You picked a good man to help you out of the TX mess , Dr.Paul . If only America really cared bout their country right ? He'ld be a shoe in
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I hope you didn't think I was complaining about the enactment of legislation to combate the invasion in Oklahoma and Arizona PhredE. On the contrary I am very thankfull for them taking a positive stance and am looking forward to Texas following suite!
    Nope. Not for a second. I knew exactly what you were trying to say here.
    "It's all good".

You picked a good man to help you out of the TX mess , Dr.Paul . If only America really cared bout their country right ? He'ld be a shoe in
    Hello, tencz57, you are right in a sense (imo). I think it lies more on the msm that Dr. Paul is not fairing better. He is still running and he gets absolutely no mention in the media. I think the best way to win a campaign is by putting the candidates name everywhere (just like Obama is doing). This is the main principle of advertising....hammer the prospective consumer (voter) with the commercial (candidates name) over and over again until they are sick of hearing it. The people begin to identify with the product (candidate) and then they are brain washed into buying or at least being biased in their purchase (vote). If I was a wealthy man I would have bought enough banners with Ron Paul's name on them to place everywhere legal to place them so that no one in this country wouldn't know his name. There would be a big difference in the presidential campaign if that were done!

Quote Originally Posted by tencz57
    Paul is not the only good legislature from the Texas area. Ted Poe, john Culberson are two that come to mind. Paul isnt all hes cracked up to be.
    Remember, he didnt even know who johnny sutton was and had to be reminded he is the west texas u s attorney who loves to throw law enforcement in jail

Arizona and Oklahoma are just the BEGINNING! Illegals need to be driven out of EVERY state of the country!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast