Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ILLEGALS ARE NOT THE ONLY LAW BREAKERS THAT PAY SALES TAX. DRUG DEALERS PAY SALES TAX TOO. SO DO PROSTITUTES. THEIVES PAY SALES TAX AS DO RAPISTS, BANK ROBBERS, CHILD MOLESTERS AND ALL OTHER CRIMINALS. SO WHAT? SHOULD THEY BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE TO BREAK THE LAWS JUST BECAUSE THEY PAY SALES TAX? IT REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE LAW IS BEING BROKEN. PAYING SALES TAX DOES NOT EXTEND RIGHTS TO ANYONE. IT REALLY WOULD NOT MATTER IF THE SALES TAX THEY PAID AMOUNTED TO MORE THAN THE SERVICES THEY USE....SO WHAT? THEY ARE STILL HERE ILLEGALLY. THIS CLAIM TO LEGITMACY THROUGH THE PAYMENT OF SALES TAX IS JUST ONE MORE DIVERSION. WHY ARE WE EVEN ARGUING ABOUT SALES TAX....THEY ARE STILL HERE ILLEGALLY.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by biffhamer
    Even if the illegals are on a payroll they claim EXEMPT or 9 DEPENDANTS therefore ZERO WITHHOLDING.

I have seen it first hand, and yes I did something about it.
    I see this all the time. Plus they often use another Number to claim welfare and food stamps while working.
    Life is a ***** dont vote for one.

I don't understand much about the Fair Tax - but if you aren't paying income taxes now - I don't see anything that would indicate you will be paying them with the FAir Tax.

Also, there was some silliness about getting some credit at the beginning of the year -------------

Fair Tax sounds like some more government doublespeak, with lots of ways for the government to get involved.

With a flat rate sales taxes, a few exemptions, everyone would pay who purchased and the government would have little to do with it.

Illegals, by and large, don't work as hired employees, they work as contract labor. No taxes are withheld and we can all believe they run down and file a return and pay those taxes. If they do, they will claim all those deductions and get back Earned Income Tax Credit for more than they paid in.

Suppose they work 2 jobs - and file on both and get the EITC on both jobs.

They can have as many ID's as they can afford to buy. Suppose they are getting freebies on all those ID's - it's not impossible.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was told recently of what some illegals are doing. Some use their anchor babies ss number to get a job. Same number for lets say 10 jobs "on the books". so 10 people working 10 different jobs at the same time paying into ss. When that baby gets to retirement age, imagine the windfall!

They still use their other ID's for jobs off the books too. Pure profit.

They don't want to become citizens, they just want the money and freebies.
    "

These people probably pay no withholding tax. You have to have a SS# to work as contract labor - but no taxes are withheld. At the end of the year a 1099 is sent and it is the responsibility of the employee to file and pay the applicable tax.

Now if they should file, the can receive back a goodly amount in EITC based on having children, etc.

You have to have a SS# to work as contract labor. Legally, yes....

At the end of the year a 1099 is sent and it is the responsibility of the employee to file and pay the applicable tax. Again, LEGALLY.

But you know there is little these people do legally.

In my best voice from the movie Sierra Marde, "Laws, we don't need your stinking laws!"

Every tourist who comes to the US for a vacation pay sales tax on all their purchases too but they do not feel they have the right ask anything in return, such as live here. This figure will be good this year since the dollar is so weak, wonder what will be done with the additional revenue?

I do know of an instance in a local department store (a national high priced chain) where a doorman was dismissed along with 27 other employees as someone noticed they were all using the same SS number. At least five of them had been employees for more than five years. In this age of computer salary processing would it not be simple to add a little piece of programming to flag such anomalies?

Quote Originally Posted by lindiloo
    Every tourist who comes to the US for a vacation pay sales tax on all their purchases too but they do not feel they have the right ask anything in return, such as live here. This figure will be good this year since the dollar is so weak, wonder what will be done with the additional revenue?

I do know of an instance in a local department store (a national high priced chain) where a doorman was dismissed along with 27 other employees as someone noticed they were all using the same SS number. At least five of them had been employees for more than five years. In this age of computer salary processing would it not be simple to add a little piece of programming to flag such anomalies?
    Quite simple indeed. In addition, most companies sort specific info by SS#. It would be a HUGE red flag to see several names appearing under the same number. The SSA and IRS should also have caught it.

If you go into a store and purchase a microwave, for example, and the price is $149.99, 23 % of that $149.99 will be FAIR TAX dollars. It is NOT something that will be ADDED to the price, like sales tax is now.

It's there, but it's "imbedded." One argument for this is a MAJOR reduction in tax reporting bureaucracy, both the expense and the confusion. It's called the fair tax because everyone pays equally. I don't think tax lawyers or IRS case workers are going to be supporting this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast