You have to have a SS# to work as contract labor. Legally, yes....

At the end of the year a 1099 is sent and it is the responsibility of the employee to file and pay the applicable tax. Again, LEGALLY.

But you know there is little these people do legally.

That's my point when they try to tell us how much payroll taxes the illegals pay, it's a joke. They tell how much they pay and 'never get anything in return'.

They people pay no payroll taxes as contract laborers. Now assuming they do file a return, somehow, they would get more back in return based on the EITC than they paid in - that's the way it works.

As for the national sales tax, I don't think it needs to be 23% - I think 10% would do fine.

In some of the reading about the national sales tax, there was some convoluted rules about certain incomes would get a rebate, etc., etc.
We do not need another boondoggle like that.

It needs to have certain things exempt - very few - food and medicene - and everything else is subject to the tax - for everyone.

No income level - no rebates - no fiddling around by politicians in order to funnel money to their contributors - which is quite often how our income tax system is used.