Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm On the Radio Today!

I'll be talking to Craig Anderson on The Morning Show at 0800 today about Ector County Independent School District. They have approved a summer math class in Spanish for "migrant" students, and approved "migrant" students and teachers to go to D.C. June 23-29. When I called the administration office, I was told emphatically right off the bat without asking that "This is only for migrant children. They'll be visting congressmen." I was also told that they'd be working in congressmen's office, visiting historical places, and that they'd be getting credit for their work in the congressmen's offices. I wrote a letter to the school board asking their definition of "migrant" students, exactly what they would be doing, what kind of credit they would be getting, which school board members voted for it, who initiated it. They didn't answer so I hand-carried another one to their office Friday.

You can listen on the computer.

http://www.kwel.com/programming.htm

Craig Anderson can be e-mailed at:
    craiganderson@kwel.com
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

You need to determine if our tax dollars will be used in any way to support a lobbying trip. If so, this is illegal even if they were sending American students.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: I'm On the Radio Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I'll be talking to Craig Anderson on The Morning Show at 0800 today about Ector County Independent School District. They have approved a summer math class in Spanish for "migrant" students, and approved "migrant" students and teachers to go to D.C. June 23-29. When I called the administration office, I was told emphatically right off the bat without asking that "This is only for migrant children. They'll be visting congressmen." I was also told that they'd be working in congressmen's office, visiting historical places, and that they'd be getting credit for their work in the congressmen's offices. I wrote a letter to the school board asking their definition of "migrant" students, exactly what they would be doing, what kind of credit they would be getting, which school board members voted for it, who initiated it. They didn't answer so I hand-carried another one to their office Friday.

You can listen on the computer.

http://www.kwel.com/programming.htm

Craig Anderson can be e-mailed at:
    craiganderson@kwel.com
    CONGRATULATIONS!

Migrant workers? Of course this means Mexican nationals that use the guest worker programs to come here and mooch of the USA. We provide migrant workers health programs. We provide nurses, health educators, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse midwives, physicians, dentists, and others collaborate to provide necessary services all free of charge. Under the The National Farmworker Jobs Program we also provide WIA Core Services, WIA Intensive Services, Training Services, Related Assistance Services, Housing assistance, not to mention a free education to kids who often transfer from one school to another. Usually the miss lots of school and drag down school's accountability ratings due to excessive days missed not to mention being unable to pass state accountability tests.

Just what your school district needs to do is dole out even more federal tax dollars by giving them free trips to Washington DC and another free summer course they will attend part of the time. Since working is usually more important.

In schools we have Title 9 which means if you offer something for one sex you have to offer it for another. this prevents discrimination between sexes. Seems to me we have created some kind of racial bias since children of one country get programs and opportunities that children of other races or economic groups don't get. It that legal?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I did ask in the letter who is paying for it. I expect that after this program, I will be contacted by the school board. I've looked at the budget. They have a lot of travel codes, and I'm going to try to find out exactly what moneys they are using. I suspect a lobbying effort initiated by one of the hispanic groups here. I wonder how much of this is going on nationwide? You know dang good and well they're using kids to lobby our congress members.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Oh. Odessa is oil and gas country. There are no farms that I or anyone I've talked to know of that would require "migrant" workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    I did ask in the letter who is paying for it. I expect that after this program, I will be contacted by the school board. I've looked at the budget. They have a lot of travel codes, and I'm going to try to find out exactly what moneys they are using. I suspect a lobbying effort initiated by one of the hispanic groups here. I wonder how much of this is going on nationwide? You know dang good and well they're using kids to lobby our congress members.
    These kind of expenses in Texas school come out of federal Title 1 funds and grants.

I find it appalling that kids of any kind would be used for any reason. I get furious here when our district expects teacher to use kids to help raise money for the school. I see no reason why kids should be pimped out. The reason they are there in the first place is to get an education.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

CONGRADULATION'S
    can you post a pre recorded link?
    ------------------------

Big Tex - can you tell me more about Title I funds? Can they use them to send these kids to lobby our congressmen?

mkfarnam - it wasn't recorded. I was happy with what I got to cover, but probably didn't deliver it well. I was trying to talk on the phone to Craig and my Alzeheimer's dad was in the background having fit after fit over "I can't find the bathroom," "I need something to wipe my nose," "Do you want me to go to bed," "I can't find my red chair," "Do you think I should eat breakfast now." We had sat him down earlier so he could listen, but he forgot.

Well, we do the best we can. And I can picket the school board if I have to. I won't let it go.

Good for you Faye...hang in there and don't give up!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)