Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant workers give back to U.S. more than they take

Immigrant workers give back to U.S. more than they take

Your views: Letter the the Gainesville (GA) Times newspaper
    http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/st ... 4105.shtml

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER

I hear a lot about the illegal issue. As a nation under God we, I believe, have quit acting like that.

I am 27 years old, have four boys and am married to a Hispanic.

If you could believe or even listen to some of the stories I've heard from illegal immigrants, I believe you'd change your minds about them. They aren't coming here to take our jobs, but the ones no one wants.

Americans have become babies. A lot of our jobs have relocated to other countries because no one will do them for the wages that are offered. If I was broke and needed a job, I would apply at a chicken plant for $8 an hour because I know at the end of the week I'd get paid. The week before, I had nothing.

Have you thought about what would happen if these illegal immigrants decided that it's to hard to live here and went back to their country. I have. I believe the president would try to get them back because Americans have become lazy.

I'm proud of these illegal immigrants coming here. Some had dying parents to help and little brothers or sisters to help put through school. They are hard and determined workers.

Next time you eat corn, cabbage or chicken, thank God for the illegal immigrants. If it wasn't for them, we could perish.

Tammy Jewel Cortes

Gainesville

Originally published Wednesday, July 11, 2007
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What B.S.!!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

When will they come up with something new.

It is the same old garbage - over and over and over.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Spoken like a true neo-slaver. "Without slaves, who will pick the cotton" was what they said 150 years ago.

I too am married to a hispanic who belives in LEGAL immigration. My grandson who was killed by an illegal was also hispanic. Race is not the issue. Do you understand the word ILLEGAL
    Do They understand the word ILLEGAL????

When I picked my okra and tomatoes today I didn't see any illegals in my back yard and I certainly wouldn't have thanked them if I did.
    I personally think shes right on the front that they give back more than they take just look at the increase in tb.

head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

MW
    Americans have become babies. A lot of our jobs have relocated to other countries because no one will do them for the wages that are offered. If I was broke and needed a job, I would apply at a chicken plant for $8 an hour because I know at the end of the week I'd get paid. The week before, I had nothing.
    It wasn't that many years ago that the poultry plant your talking about was paying 14-16 dollars an hour on the floor (with benefits)! So you think it's acceptable that the low-level workers should take a 50% decrease in wages and receive few, if any, benefits while the CEO's wages are probably climbing into uncharted territory? I'd also bet upper management personal have not seen a 50% decrease in wages and a loss of benefits either.

American citizens cannot support their family on $8.00 an hour w/o benefits, however, it certainly increases the profit margin for the businesses that insist on paying those low wages! This is all about greed, nothing more.

Illegals can live on $8.00 an hour because they're living 5 to a room and/or 20 to a home. Furthermore, American taxpayers are subsidizing the illegal labor through increased healthcare costs, vehicle insurance, property taxes to build more schools, etc., etc. Heck, we're even paying for their childrens school breakfast and lunch (sometimes it's the only nutritional meal the child receives daily).

You know, a lot of businesses, including the farming industry, are screaming they'll have to close shop if we deport the illegals. Well, to that I say fine, you shouldn't have been in business anyway if you were relying on illegals to make enough profit to keep your doors open! It's a fact that illegal immigration has enabled a lot of folks to start businesses that wouldn't have under normal circumstances. Additionally, it's even enabled many businesses to expand that wouldn't have normally done so had it not been for illegal immigration. Yes, what I'm suggesting is, illegals are creating their own demand!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I AM PRETTY SURE ILLEGALS TAKE MORE THAN THEY PRODUCE. BUT EVEN IF THIS ARTICLE WAS TRUE, SO WHAT? WE WANT THEM TO LEAVE. WE DONT WANT ILLEGALS IN OUR COUNTRY. GO HOME AND APPLY FOR A VISA. THEN WE CAN TALK.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I AM PRETTY SURE ILLEGALS TAKE MORE THAN THEY PRODUCE. BUT EVEN IF THIS ARTICLE WAS TRUE, SO WHAT? WE WANT THEM TO LEAVE. WE DONT WANT ILLEGALS IN OUR COUNTRY. GO HOME AND APPLY FOR A VISA. THEN WE CAN TALK.
    Exactly true!!! But wait I remember seeing stats somewhere where they cost more being here? And the only reason that these jobs wages dropped to the floor is because of greedy business owners taking advantage of the NWO slave trade, it is covered up as a "job an American won't do".... HA! I heard BS before but this is major BS!!!!

Get some new stories....We heard enough of these already!!!! Illegal is still ILLEGAL!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast