Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    Husker, you have some great ideas. That would at least be a start. I'd also like to shut down most of the current news media. I hate lies and distortions.

RR
    there are problems with the media, yes, but there are also good people there. Note, I have been in media hell lately, down on the AZ border, so have really really seen both sides up close and personal (and gave a 20 minute interview to National enquirer under the name "Carl Smith" while eating at a fish fry in the camp cafeteria last Friday).

One thing people need to realize is that much of the media which you love to hate, has a story "pre-written" before attending an event. They simply research what they can, write a story that will be 90% of it's final form, and then "look for a name". That is why people need to be SO careful when dealing with a reporter. Red herring after red herring question will be tossed out, which is nothing that will be used but simply left on the cutting room floor, and toss out a baited question now and again, which are the REAL meat they are looking for. It is always wise to ask upfront what story/questions they are looking for, and if you feel uncomfortable at all, simply don't talk with them (if you have that option).

However, you really do not want to "shut it down". What you would end up with in a short time, would be state run media (not that we don't have the state running it to some extent now). For a good look at state run media, see China, Iran, or better yet North Korea. I do not think anyone here would wish that upon us. And with press freedom, you certainly DO get the good AND the bad, but at least the good is in there (even if buried at times).

H.

I meant shut down the state run media. The ones we know very well are owned by anti-Americans...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner
    I meant shut down the state run media. The ones we know very well are owned by anti-Americans...

RR
    Problem is, if you shut down one, sooner or later, you shut down all, as many other people with very different ideals than us would complain about different media outlets.

Part of what makes it "free" is allowing the good and bad to both be there. I do agree that media which "makes up" news should not be in the news business. Surprisingly, the few (yes it is few) who do make up the news, DO get vetted out. You might be surprised but most in the media WILL vet out a bad apple. Many "seem" like they make up the news, but most do not. What they do is tell only one side of the story. There actually is nothing "wrong" with that (technically). For an example of media vetting out the trash, simply refer back to Dan Blather. Yes, the media mogals, can spin all they want, but he (and his crew) were vetted from the system.

H.

Good point...(s)

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

misc

I believe Emiliano highlights an important point, which is that most illegal aliens are decent people.

The reason we need to keep them out of our country is not that they are bad people, but that their presence in our country harms our economy, our environment, and social justice. (the last because our public services that are supposed to go toward helping our own people in need wind up instead being siphoned off to support illegal aliens)

past history

You know one thing about Congress and the Administration.

They are fighting for more immigration programs of the kind that have been proven to fail (amnesty- e.g. the 1986 amnesty), while they refuse to support policies that have been proven to work (strict enforcement of the immigration laws under the Eisenhower administration)

I forget the exact quote, but those who fail to heed the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

I believe Emiliano highlights an important point, which is that most illegal aliens are decent people.
    Yeah I suppose, as decent as people who have no respect for the rule of law can be. Yep, I bet they are going to assimilate very well into a society that is based on respect for the rule of law. Now you do not suppose that could be a slight basis for the problems we have with violence do you? Well actually we already have one demographic study we can fall back on about a sub-set of Americans who (understandably) carved out a sub-culture that openly showed distain for the rule of law and law enforcement, and whose sub-culture did not sanction law breakers and instead actually rewarded them. You might note that they are disproportionately represented in our prison system, you might also notice they have a lower life expectancy due to violence, you might note they are lower on the economic ladder as a whole, you might note that societal convention such as marriage before child birth is a rarity in that subculture, yet dependence on Government handouts is endemic . Now you don't suppose this could be a possible proxy for what might happen when you embrace a new group of lawless people who are really "decent people". Naw...it could not be. It could never happen.

Patriotman

It is said that Mexicans can steal your socks without ever removing your shoes. Would that be spoken of 'honest hard working folks' as an old adage?? Probably not.

Do I believe that they're 'mostly good hearted people'? Absolutely not.

I think what they're doing is trying to steal my country, subvert my government, and destroy my communities.

I don't hate them, I think they belong in the culture that created them. Period.

RR

The only reason America has stayed prosperous while 3rd World nations like Somalia descend into political and economic chaos is because we HAVE LAWS AND WE FOLLOW THEM. If we give this very basic concept up we will become the Third World. If we start making decisions based on who's "nice" then it is all over. I'd wager that 90% of people who get speeding tickets are "nice" but they still get that ticket--because if we don't follow through on the law the roads will descend into chaos. Ever driven in Mexico? I'm not talking Cancun, I mean REAL Mexico? You can drtve into small towns and people will driving every which way--they don't care! We had better wake up and realize what we are importing here and how long it takes to assimilate them.

First off, as to the media, we need to get out there and watch for opportunities to spread our message. We must counter the constant drum beat of the MSM (main stream media) that all immigrants are good, decent people who only want to work at jobs Americans won't do. That implies that all immigrants are good, all Americans are bad and lazy. I'm sick of that message being pounded into people's heads. We need to call local talk shows and write letters to the editor. It also helps to email journalists/reporters to compliment them when they do a balanced story and correct them when they're one-sided in favor of illegals. Also, email CNN about shows like Lou Dobbs so they will keep him on the air.

Secondly, this bit about most illegal aliens being decent people...who cares what their motivation is for breaking our laws? They broke our laws and there are consequences. If I rob a bank to provide for my family, no one's gonna give me a pass because I'm a nice person. I agree with the sentiments expressed by BobC, patriotman and RR. We must enforce our laws or we will become like the chaotic, lawless countries the nice illegals are so desperate to escape.

And call those snakes in the S-s-s-senate today and tell them why they should not pass AgJobs Amnesty and why they should pass the REAL ID Act!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast