Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is immigration the Democrat Parties #1 Policy Priority

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is immigration the Democrat Parties #1 Policy Priority

Today I received a letter from Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz with the "Official 2015 Democratic Party Survey". Reading her letter and the questions on the survey has really left me shaking my head in disbelief. I had never bothered to change my party because I did not go along with a lot of the Rinos in the Republican party. But after seeing in black and white the priorities and policies and the out and out garbage in these documents I know I can no longer hide my head in the sand. I am so embarrassed and ashamed of having any association with the Democratic party.

The letter starts off by saying: "President Obama urgently needs your help to counter intensifying Republican efforts to obstruct his agenda and roll back our accomplishments."

In another paragraph she says: Your ideas will help drive DNC's efforts to stop Republicans from destroying our progress. Even in the face of recent decisions by the Supreme Court they continue fighting against the Affordable Care Act and marriage equality. And they insist on obstructing efforts to enact urgently needed immigration reform and continue to wage their war on women's access to reproductive healthcare.

On the survey the number one question in Policy Priorities is: Do you support President Obama taking action on issues that Republicans refuse to bring to a vote, such as immigration?

Number five is: Which potential actions by congressional Republicans most concern you? (Please choose up to three)

1. Dismantling the Affordable Care Act
    2. Restricting women's reproductive rights
    3. Rolling back equal marriage rights
    4. Forcing a government shutdown
    5. Blocking President Obama's judicial appointments
    6. Opposing a minimum wage increase
    7. Obstructing immigration reform

They ask for you to rank their values and issues in order of importance and on that list is Enacting comprehensive immigration reform

I have tried to only list the items that relate to immigration, but I can tell you I find the rest of the letter and survey to be very distasteful and I will be filling out their survey with a letter from me letting them know exactly what I think of the new Democratic Party.
    Last edited by MontereySherry; 09-25-2015 at 11:56 PM.

Thank you for letting us know about this, MontereySherry!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you, MontereySherry! In one post you nearly explained fully why I do/will not vote for Democrats or Republicans. It makes no difference who is doing the most wrong. Neither is seriously attempting to achieve what is right!