Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Immigration Reform?

I just want opinions from my fellow ALIPACER'S. Now that the health care reform bill has gone down in flames, do you think they are going to touch immigration reform?

Immigration

If climate is on life support, immigration is in the grave. Democrats are reluctant to take up the politically explosive issue in an already shaky political environment.

The White House told Latino activists that it would take up the issue in a conference call last month. And New York Sen. Chuck Schumer is pushing an immigration bill this year. But Graham — the main Republican working on the effort — wasn’t particularly optimistic that a comprehensive bill could get done.

If they deal with the issue at all, Democrats are likely to focus on the least controversial measures like employment verification.

“I don’t see how you can convince the American people to support comprehensive reform if you don’t get the border piece right,â€

IMHO No, they wont get far if they try. This is an election year. I don't trust the Republicans any more than i do the Democrats on immigration reform.

Immigration Reform

Well, I certainly do not trust Graham to stop it.
    Most American citizens would say that pushing for legal status for illegal aliens who have stolen American jobs is insane. I hope any attempt to introduce Reform is repelled by unemployed Americans who want and need those jobs to provide for their families.
    This is not the time to let our guard down. It is time to push for jobs for millions of unemployed citizens.

IMO, they will try. I don't have a crystal ball, but suspect many groups are lobbying hard for CIR. The politicians that owe them, for their vote, will try something.

We must lobby to defeat CIR. We must vote against politicians that favor CIR. We must constantly email our Senators and Congressmen (and women), at bthe state and federal level, that support of CIR will mean they lose their job.

You might eben need to open your wallet a make a donation to politicians and organization that OPPOSE, CIR.

Schumer is supposed to be writing the Senate version, but I think the Dems will probably tell him to take it real, real slow. After all what just happened in Mass. elections can happen anywhere.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nope, they would have to be out of their minds to do that now, none the less, we are preped to launch a massive offensive against it if they try.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

It's my understanding that congress will try to focus on jobs, jobs, jobs over the next few months. It would be pretty hard to reconcile a push for more jobs and an amnesty, knowing that illegals hold so many jobs that Americans would be delighted to have.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Nope, they would have to be out of their minds to do that now, none the less, we are preped to launch a massive offensive against it if they try.
    And what makes you think they are "in their minds"? Look at the mass amnesty/increased immigration bill, it has 96 co-sponsors. These pols feel obligated to illegals for whatever reason and I don't see them changing.

Eventually...and eventually something will pass that will legalize millions. Not all will qualify, but there will be a very significant amount. One side will yell that it is not enough and unfair. The other side will yell none should be legalized. Blah, blah, blah.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast