(Monday) the Senate will vote on a "no-confidence" resolution against Attorney General Alberto Gonzales for lying about ... well, everything. Of couse we want all Senators to vote "yes" but that's not nearly enough for the man who authorized illegal wiretapping of thousands (millions?) of U.S. citizens and illegal torture of anyone Emperor Bush deems an "enemy combatant." For those and other reasons, tell your Senators and Representatives to Impeach Alberto Gonzales:

http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/94?ad=d1

Impeach Alberto Gonzales
I ask Congress to impeach Attorney General Alberto Gonzales for the following reasons:

COUNT I: Application of Geneva Conventions; Definition of Torture

On 1/25/02, Gonzales wrote a memo to President Bush authorizing the commission of war crimes by claiming the war against terrorism "renders obsolete Geneva's strict limitations on questioning of enemy prisoners and renders quaint some of its provisions."

On 8/1/02, Gonzales commissioned a memo to President Bush which defined "torture" only as an interrogation that causes "injury such as death, organ failure, or serious impairment of body functions." This definition is contrary to The War Crimes Act and the Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Unusual or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, a treaty ratified by the United States. Although this memo was retracted on 12/30/04, it remained in effect for over two years and authorized an unknown number of acts of torture.

Gonzales knew or should have known that, pursuant to memoranda written by, commissioned or concurred in by him, prisoners in United States custody would be subjected to willful killing, torture or inhuman treatment; and great suffering or serious injury to body or health, in violation of The War Crimes Act.

COUNT II: Military Commissions

Between 9/11/01 and 11/13/01, Gonzales helped draft the Military Order establishing the Military Commissions, signed by President Bush on 11/13/01. This order mandated conduct by members of United States military forces which constitute war crimes under The War Crimes Act.

Gonzales knew or should have known that the Military Commissions, in whose creation he participated, would deprive prisoners in United States custody who will be tried before them, of the rights of fair and regular trial prescribed in the Third Geneva Convention and Article 3 common to the Geneva Conventions.

On 1/18/07 Gonzales testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that the U.S. Constitution does not provide the right to habeas corpus, but rather only bars the government from taking that right away (except in the case of rebellion or invasion). This logic would overturn many of the rights that U.S. law has based on the Constitution for over two centuries, as well as overturning rights positively expressed in the Sixth Amendment.

COUNT III: Illegal Domestic Surveillance

Since the inception (date unknown) of the Bush Administration's warrantless wiretap program, Gonzales has defined, condoned, concealed and defended the administration's continued violations of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act and the Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.

On 2/6/06, Gonzales testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that the Authorization for the Use of Military Force enacted by Congress on 9/18/01 authorized warrantless domestic surveillance. However, the secret programs may have been launched earlier, the AUMF did not grant the President the right to violate FISA and the Fourth Amendment, and Congress has since amended FISA four times without granting the President those rights. On 1/17/07, Gonzales informed Congress the illegal wiretapping was approved by an unnamed Judge of the FISA Court without providing any evidence that illegal acts had actually ended.

Democrats.com

Im not a Dem. nor a Rep.. Its just not that cut and dry, BUT...
My father sends me this stuff if you guys like it, post something if not trash it. If this Gonzales is as Guilty as what my father says and this article is implying then he should be impeached imprisoned, then the laws of war crimes will follow and we all know what that means ...
But I must say if this Guy has done all these things, and I think as of now, at least two of them.

The Bush should be held in trial at the same time for the same crimes but with worse charges.!